Thursday, December 15, 2022

Bobservations

Over breakfast, I told Carlos that Janet Jackson was starting a new tour, and that her announcement was this simple Instagram post: ‘Hi. It’s Janet. A new tour is coming.’ He looked at me like he was a dog who’d heard a whistle.

“You don’t know Janet Jackson, do you?”

“I do. She’s Michael’s sister.”

“Name one Janet Jackson song. Just one. I’ll wait.”

Needless to say I’m still waiting. Goddess love the fact that his pop culture knowledge is nil.

Kyrsten Sinema has left the Democrats and registered as an Independent surprising no one at all, except those who thought she’d run right to the Republican party.

The south portico of the White House was lit up in rainbow colors this week after President signed the Respect for Marriage Act into law.

Yet the march goes on …

Good news out of Louisiana … Democrat Davante Lewis defeated the incumbent three-term Public Service Commissioner and fellow Democrat Lambert Boissiere III to become … wait for it … the first openly LGBTQ+ person elected to state office in Louisiana.

And it’s 2022.

Last week the Crook County Library in Oregon had a standing-room only crowd when it held a board meeting to discuss whether or not to segregate LGBTQ+-friendly children’s books into a separate section. The crowd overwhelmingly supported keeping the books where they are, and the board agreed in a 4-1 vote.

The march goes on …

Funny how no one noticed that the familiar Republican Party mascot pictured on the Patrick County GOP website hid KKK imagery in its negative space. It has since been replaced with the seal of the Commonwealth of Virginia but, yeah, sure, no one noticed.

Indiana Republicans drafted a censure letter to send to GOP Senator Todd Young because he voted in favor of passing the Respect For Marriage Act; in Indiana you are censured for voting against bigotry and racism.

Maybe they should use that KKK logo for their branch of the party.

The other day we had a rare Sunday morning work meeting and when I walked in I saw about ten co-workers gathered around the conference table and I said, loudly:

“Any of you bitches make coffee?”

One co-worker gasped, and said:

“Bob! My little girl is here.”

Feeling horrified, I asked:

“Well … did she make coffee?”

Cut to five minutes later when this same woman, in describing a certain client of ours, used the cute phrase “motherfucker” to describe him … in front of her child.

Note to self: bitch is bad, but motherfucker is fine.

While GMA3 co-anchors T.J. Holmes and Amy Robach have been temporarily pulled off air, viewers have been treated  to fill-ins for the adulterous pair … like new ABC hire DeMarco Morgan who may be gay, but that is neither here nor there … Would You Hit It?

34 comments:

  1. That Tweet of the Week says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "“Well … did she make coffee?” ROFLMAO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, come on, that was the important first issue!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh poor little Carlos. But he can't name one Janet Jackson song?

    And I do sadly agree about being an independent it is sort of the same as being bisexual.

    I think the Respect for Marriage Act is a great thing. And kudos to Biden for pursuing it. But I'm still not sold this doesn't mean some issues. I saw equality forums Ben Spielberg respond on his Twitter. He went on to say the ACT doesn't unfortunately insure any of these things are still safe in the event that the Supreme Court would overturn the decision on the Obergefell decision. Which would mean gay marriage would revert to being banned in 32 states.Those states would only have to recognize gay marriage of the other 18 states that made it law. We still have work to do... as you say the march goes on. I suppose politicians will yet again kick the can down the street instead of finally sealing the deal with the final nail....they will use tactics again in 2024 to raise funds and promises to get elected again as with healthcare... Minimum wage increase and cancelling student debt. Just get gay marriage and these other basics done already.

    And you Bob crack me up. That office meeting sounds like something I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos and pop culture rarely mix.
      And I know we still have work to do, but then if that means voting out every Republican who stands against equality, then that's the fight I'll have.
      I do have a tendency to say whatever pops into my head.

      Delete
  4. Honestly, I can't think of a Janet Jackson song either - never a fan. Louisiana, eh? Indiana sounds more and more like Louisiana every day. I might have to start watch GMA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really a fan either--though I always liked her more than her brother--but even I can name AT LEAST one song.

      Delete
  5. “Nasty Boys”... that’s all I’ve got. (Rhythm Nation? or is that someone/thing else?)

    But DID the motherfucker make coffee?

    I need to discuss the sudden heat with DeMarco Morgan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Control!!!! And yes, Rhythm Nation.
      One of the bitches made the coffee!
      DeMarco does make it warm.

      Delete
  6. Just in case Jimmy hasn't noticed Muskrat is quite happy to slander anyone. He called a British cave rescuer, trying to save a bunch of kids in Thailand, a paedophile and then claimed he was joking. That is not humour, it's seriously unpleasant behaviour because Mr Thin Skin's off of a mini0sub to help was rejected. Now this supporter of free speech is closing down Twitter accounts of people who upset him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elon is quite the snowflake, isn't he?

      Delete
  7. I'm actually kind of impressed that an LGBTQ person has been elected in Louisiana!

    My favorite Janet Jackson song is, hands down, "Love Will Never Do Without You," mostly because of the gorgeous Herb Ritts video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm shocked Carlos didn't even remember THAT video!

      Delete
  8. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    Like the White House colors
    but also agree there is still
    work to be done.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always work to be done.
      xoxo

      Delete
  9. Indiana, the middle finger of The South, has a long sad history of KKK involvement. It's a constant uphill battle for we liberal Hoosiers to make even the littlest change for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did all have Pence for a while. My apologies.

      Delete
  10. Yes, honey! Miss Jackson is going on tour and I'll be there!
    Also, fuck Sinema. Now that that's out of the way, I'd let DeMarco hit it three times a day (a boy needs his three meals) and the GOP is trash. So is Elon. Hope Twatter crashes and burns with Elon inside.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see Twitter, which is the worst hell hole of social media right now, go down in flames like a Tesla on the 405.
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. That Tweet is great. Janet Jackson . . . I don't know the titles but there was something about a rhythm nation (obviously where there's no access to birth control) and nasty boys (about toxic masculinity, I guess). I don't know if I'd hit it. I know I usually say, yes, absolutely, but this time for some reason, I need to think about it.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take your time, DeMarco can wait cuz he might be busy ...
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. Well it is fine if the parent says it but not a co-worker. I believe that is on page 179 of the parenting handbook that we get at the hospital after we get our bundles of joy. I did enjoy your line after she said her chlid was there. If only you and Carlos lived closer, Bob. I think we would get along famously. Love the tweet and we will keep fighting the good fight because there's a lot of work to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have the knack for perhaps saying, or doing, what we shouldn't???

      Delete
  13. Holy hell...I didn't notice the KKK on that GOP design until you pointed it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just like racism, it's there but it's subtle sometimes.

      Delete
  14. aussieguy5:08 PM

    We Hoosiers (at least the ones with common sense & didn't marry our first cousins...) hang our head in shame over WAY TOO MUCH that happens in our state. Willing to give away our governor, Attorney General & BOTH senators. Any takers? And please don't even mention Pence...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like the South Carolina of the Midwest????

      Delete
  15. I didn't notice that KKK imagery until it was pointed out to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's subtle ... the imagery, not the actual racism.

      Delete
  16. The only way to stop the bird, is to stop using it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I beginning to think you're right.

      Delete
  17. YAZZZ... that I would hit. "Well... did she make coffee?" - LOL THE BEST. I hope Arizona Dems have a powerhouse candidate to take out that blonde beyotch. What a traitor. Dems spent all that money getting her there and then she does this. F her. KiZZES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Dems are already lining up to run against her.
      xoxo

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......