Friday, April 08, 2022

I Didn't Say It

Dawn Staley, South Carolina Gamecocks girls’ basketball coach, on winning the NCAA women’s national basketball championship:

“I have to give glory to God, glory to God. I think people don’t really understand that our path was divinely ordered. And the order was for us to be national champions on this day.”

So God said you should win? Genocide going on in Ukraine, the climate sending storms and fires everywhere, and God ignored all that and said you're gonna win a trophy?

I love how these so-called Christians think their “god” works, but let's just say you're right. Then  what happened with this next woman? God shun her?

photo

Bianca Garcia, that QAnon Texas state senate candidate nutbag who lost by 40 points who claimed God told her she’d win, spinning the facts:

“God chose me for a reason. I didn’t lose. I won. Now you’ve just gone and made me more dangerous. I went into the lion’s den and those hyenas thought they were gonna eat me up, but guess what? They fed me, they fed me good. I now know your strategies. I know what you think. I know what you’re doing, and you’ve just made me more dangerous. Let me tell you something. They’re gonna have to deal with God. They don’t need to worry about me. They need to be ready for God because God knows exactly what they did. See, you don’t steal from me, or you, or you; you steal from him, because when he chooses you and he tells you to go, you go and you don’t ask questions.”

Wait, so God told you that you would win, and those who didn’t vote for you would be punished and then came in dead last in a field of seven and still want us to believe you won cuz God says so?

Seek help.

photo

Alexander Skarsgård, actor, on the idea that he wasn’t taken seriously early in his career because he was too good-looking:

“I don’t really know if that was the reason I wasn’t getting roles. Starting out in Sweden, there was stuff about being tall and blond. But most people here are tall and blond. Still, after my first job, I was on a stupid ‘sexy hunky hot list’ and then people didn’t take me seriously. If you want characters with depth but have been labeled ‘a dude who takes his shirt off,’ you’re not going to get those offers. I was questioning why I was in the industry.”

I think sometimes men, and women, especially in Hollywood, are seen only for their looks, and quite a few ride that for as long as they can. Others, like Skarsgård, seem to have to ‘prove” their talent.

Now, that said, he is one tall hot hunk, and I take that very seriously.

photo

Sarah Palin, on running for Alaska’s only US House seat:

“There is a time and a season for everything and if this season is one where I need a more official platform to have then, yeah, I’m going to throw my hat in the ring because we need people that have cojones. We need people like [Thing 45] who has nothing to lose, like me. We’ve got nothing to lose and no more of this vanilla milquetoast namby-pamby wussy-pussy stuff that’s been going on. That’s why our country is in the mess that we’re in, because people who run for office, they look at it as a job or as a business instead of as a calling.”

Honey, we know you; we remember how your idiocy screwed John McCain out of his last shot at the White.

We remember how you quit halfway through your first term as Governor because people were mean and asking ‘gotcha’ questions.

You’re a loser and a crackpot. Stay on your porch and look at Russia and leave America alone.

photo

Jerrod Carmichael, comedian, coming out as gay, on his father’s extra-marital affair and the secrecy that kept him closeted:

“After [the affair] was out in the open, I was left alone feeling like a liar, because I had a secret. One that I kept from my father, my mother, my family, my friends, and you. Professionally, personally. And the secret is that I’m gay. I’m accepting the love; I really appreciate the love. My ego wants to rebel against it. I rebelled against it my whole life. I thought I’d never, ever come out. At many points I thought I’d rather die than confront the truth of that, to actually say it to people. Because I know it changes some people’s perceptions of me. I can’t control that. As much as [my mother] believes in God, I believe in personal growth and feeling free. And I do feel freer.”

Being open and honest, with yourself most of all, is truly freeing.

Welcome out, Jerrod, and please accept as our gift from HOMO HQ the Official Coming Out Toaster Oven™ and a copy of The Gay Agenda.

Welcome out!

photo

8 comments:

  1. God says, "Just leave me the fuck out of all this bullshit."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are still giving out
    Toaster Ovens.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, are you surprised at the superiority complex of the xtianists? I'm not. They will carry that holier-than-thou attitude to the grave. Fuck them.
    I'm with you and taking tall hot hunks VERY seriously. Hi, there, Alexander. I'll be seeing your movie.
    I'm glad you offered Jarrod the OCOTO and the copy of the Gay Agenda. I forgot to include those in my post. LOL

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do all these faux Christians think that god is looking out for them and only them? I bet the Russian Orthodox patriarch reckons god is looking out for him and Putrid, but certainly not those pesky Nazis in Ukraine. It seems to be a symptom of modern Christianity that god approves of the most vile things, which surely cannot be right if the New Testament is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That basketball dribbler has been dribbling way too much.

    Someone needs to tell Bianca that God made her this stupid for a reason.

    Didn't Skarsgard play a tall, blond, bisexual vampire in True Blood? For 3 or 4 years? Hhhmmm

    Palin is in a field of 50 vying for that Senate seat, so prepare yourself for more crazy.

    Way to go, Jerrod!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carmichael... everything grows in its own time.

    Palin is seriously frightening. I hope Alaska has the sense... wait. I... I can't finish that sentence.

    Alexander. Boo hoo. Him born handsome? Suck it up, buttercup. Whatta tool.

    Garcia! Yes. She is crazy. Which means... she'll be president in eight years!

    Staley. Wow. The ego. Spare me your mythology. Wow. How do people like her find their shoes in the morning?

    Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To quote the modern bard, "religion is in the hands of some crazy ass people." (Jimmy Buffett.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The crackpot Christians make seriously Spiritual people mad because they tend to get all the publicity any Extremist does and not all people who truly are Believers are that crazy or extreme. The crackpot Extreme Politicians are just as bad, and yet, both camps of crackpots do have their following of the crackpot Lovers and it's amazing to me how much stupidity is out there to latch onto the most absurd and outrageous bullshit all the crackpots say and claim they actually Believe.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......