Thursday, April 28, 2022

Bobservations

I’ve told y’all before that Carlos suffers from Retinitis Pigmentosa, which affects field of vision. Well, RP also sometimes comes along with Usher’s Syndrome which affects your hearing, and Carlos has long had hearing issues.

Now, sometimes he hears stuff, and sometimes he doesn’t, and sometimes I am surprised at the things he can hear. Case in point … the other day, strolling through blogland, I stopped in at Frank’s Reluctant Rebel. Frank and his husband live in New Mexico where they have some gorgeous scenery and some high intensity sand and dust storms. Frank’s husband, Leon, made a video of driving through a dust storm and I was watching it, the wind gusting and the dust and sand flying. Carlos enters the room and starts futzing with his trumpet, and then turns and says to me:

“Is the AC on?”

Cuz he heard the gusts of wind on a video of a New Mexico sandstorm on a blog on the computer. But it was 7AM, in April, and the AC would never be on.

I think he plays the hearing card so he doesn’t have to listen to me … not that I blame him, I do go on …

The word Karma has special meaning this week as we watched Tesla's stock plunge, losing some $100B in value, the day after Musk's announced deal to buy Twitter.

Sure, he’s still a very wealthy tyrant, but he did get a smack and I’m here for it.

For decades, auto accidents have been the leading cause of death among children, but in 2020 guns took the top spot,  with firearm-related deaths increasing 13.5% between 2019 and 2020, while gun deaths for those 1 to 19 years old jumped nearly 30%.

And still the GOP wants to allow open carry, no permits, no background checks, so when they pass a law banning books, or a Don't Say Gay, and tell you it’s about “the children” remind them that they are also passing laws making it easier to shoot “the children.”

This is so funny, until you see it in your own house again and again, and then start plotting your husband’s demise. I kid. Or do I?

Anheuser-Busch InBev has announced it is selling its stake in a Russian joint venture, taking a $1.1 billion loss as the company joins a global move to end business with Russia for attacking Ukraine.

I might have to pop a Bud.

Photographs have surfaced that show Madison Cawthorn, the Hitler-loving Christian conservative  congressperson from North Carolina, wearing lingerie. Could it be one of the GOP orgies he talked about last month?

Cawthorn’s response was this:

“I guess the left thinks goofy vacation photos during a game on a cruise (taken waaay before I ran for Congress) is going to somehow hurt me? They’re running out of things to throw at me... Share your most embarrassing vacay pics in the replies.”

Trouble is, this conservative “Christian” also says men are a dying breed being weakened by wokeness, but he’s the one in women’s’ underwear.

PS Cawthorn was cited again for bringing a gun inside Charlotte Douglas International Airport this week. He may not be cited or fined for this breach but imagine it had been a Black man who’d brought a loaded firearm in his carry-on luggage. Yeah.

PSS Cawthorn may have violated federal insider trading laws for promoting a pump-and-dump cryptocurrency scheme at a party with James Koutoulas, a hedge fund manager and the ringleader of the Let’s Go Brandon cryptocurrency.

It’s worth noting that Koutoulas' crypto is virtually worthless after reaching a peak market cap of $570 million.

While masked up, I was asked again in the grocery store—why is it always the grocery story with these nuts—if I was going to keep wearing my mask and I said:

“And I’ll still wear my seatbelt, and I’ll still get vaxxed and wash my hands and use sunscreen and stop for red lights and stop signs.”

Then I picked out a pineapple and continued on my way.

Mark Meadows is clearly the largest perpetrator of voter fraud in America.

We learned that Meadows and his wife, listed a rusted-out trailer in a holler of North Carolina as their residence so they could vote in the 2016 election in that state, but now it appears Meadows was simultaneously registered to vote in three different states—North Carolina, Virginia and South Carolina—according to state records.

Now, the overlap lasted about three weeks, but it might have continued if revelations about Meadows’s voting record had not attracted scrutiny in North Carolina.

Mark Meadows is still registered in Virginia and South Carolina.

I know next to next about model Yorky Burgos, though his name makes me think of horny little lapdog, and that’s not a bad thing. That said, Would You Hit It?

15 comments:

  1. Too many rich people and mega-companies pay little to no tax while us "lesser" folk pay all of ours. And if we don't pay up then HMRC or the IRS will jump up and down on us until we do, when if we were among the 0.001% they'd just shrug their shoulders and let us get away it, because it's easier than wading through armies of accountants and lawyers. Being rich doesn't make you a nicer person though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elon Musk is an entitled, rich brat who owns his fortune to his father's emerald mines. Eat the rich and make them pay taxes.

    I swear I feel you with Carlos! The manfriend swears he hears nothing and then tells me: 'that bus announcement is too loud' about the bus stop TWELVE FLOORS DOWN.

    Let me at Yorky. I've got some things I need to tell him. Like advising him not to wear any clothes.

    Madison Cawthorne is a hypocritical SOB and he's paying dearly having outed the Repugs as coke-fueled sex fiends. Good.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. People need to wait until the Twitter deal is approved before they start twisting their panties into knots... though, I suspect Madison's been twisting his for quite some time in private; what strikes me most about his dressing up as a Victoria's Secret model is that he looks so comfortable in his new ensemble.

    I suspect you're correct in identifying one of Carlos' reasons for his selective hearing.

    And I am sorry, but Yorkie sounds too much like a yippie little dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your response in the grocery store! And that Tweet of the Week is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Carlos. Your stories always make me smile.

    Yorky Burgos... I think I swallowed my tongue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AAAHHHHHHH, the toilet paper!!!! I've been divorced 10 years and never thought I'd have to think about that again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to Carlos and selective hearing. I was born with single-sided deafness and I do use it to my advantage at times but I still wish I could hear like a normal person because I feel like I missed out on a lot of things. But it could be worse and I have made the best of it.
    Wow. I made this all about me, Bob. Sorry.
    Happy almost Friday. I hope you and Carlos have a good weekend.
    And the tweet of the week nailed it. We are going to have to get everyone out to vote this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was surprised to see my blog mentioned...and for the record I have selective hearing, but it's for real...I can hear the news announcers and certain TV actors perfectly and others are just Charlie Brown's teacher; background rap music is torture; as for hubby, I've been having trouble hearing him for 34 years. The "Hazard" flasher in that video annoys me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Republicans: Elon Musk is a genius 🤩🤩🤩

    Also Republicans: EV cars are bad 😠😡🤬

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Helen
    Corporations elect our officials, who then do the bidding of corporations. We need to demand that corporations stay out of politics.

    @Six
    Eat the rich, yes, but I’ll need a side of ranch.
    Carlos’ hearing slays me!
    Yorky looks good without the clothing, yes, indeed.
    Cawthorn is just a typical GOP liar doing all the things he rails against so we don’t see him doing them.
    xoxo

    @Dave
    People will rage because everyone else is raging.
    Carlos’ hearing is designed to make me [more] insane.
    Yorky can be my lap dog any day.

    @TDM
    Bless their hearts!

    @Debra
    I don’t know why it’s the grocers that these anti-maskers question me but it is!
    And that Tweet is perfection.

    @Mitchell
    Carlos is a treat.
    Yorky is quite a trick.

    @Treaders
    That happens like that in our house all the time!!!

    @Frank
    I just laughed as I watched the video and Carlos asked about the AC. A few minutes earlier, sitting across the table from him at breakfast, he kept asking me what I had just said!!
    Luckily we can giggle about it.

    @Adam
    Typical GOP hypocrisy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. musk = a strong-smelling reddish-brown substance which is secreted by the male musk deer for scent-marking.

    What the hell does a guy who has made his money through car production know about social media issues and proper advancement of this medium? His head is so ****ing big, it looks like Humpty Dumpty's. Of course Humpty Dumpty had a great fall!

    I am so glad that in Great Britain, it is exceedingly hard to get hold of guns and there are very tight gun control laws. I do not know anybody who owns a gun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many things worth commenting on,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ha! That toilet paper roll situation DEFINITELY looks familiar!

    Once again I am struck by the contrast between Madison Cawthorn's external prettiness and internal ugliness. (The ugliness prevails overall.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yorky needs to eat a sandwich and age about ten years.

    I can't believe Meadows hasn't been admonished on the floor. Why don't Dems call the GOP on their crap?

    I wear a mask when I grocery shop. Period. It is a new way of life. Like Japan.

    Cawthorn thinks that is all we have left on him? He is such a tool. I hope he gets nailed for insider trading. What dick.

    Yay, Bud. And, no... I wouldn't drink it unless it was the only beverage left on the planet.

    TP Roll horror stories. Well... I just take responsibility for it and then it is never an issue. Always be prepared. Never let down your guard.

    Guns. Funny how the Dems aren't making more of this little fact. Complicit much?

    I don't care about Musk. He bores me. I don't care about Twitter, either. But taxes. Yeah. That needs to change big time. He should WANT to pay taxes. He relies on the country's infrastructure to do business.

    Aww. Carlos. Kizzes to you both.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......