Friday, April 15, 2022

I Didn't Say It

Pete Buttigieg, Secretary of Transportation, and new father, on those Don’t Say gay bills:

“Chasten, my husband, pointed out that if our kids someday, some Monday morning, come into class, and kids are sitting around and the teacher’s got the Morning Circle talking about how everybody’s weekends went, and one of [the kids] said, ‘I had the best weekend with my Dads’ is the teacher supposed to say, ‘No, we don’t talk about that here.’ Any age where it’s appropriate to talk about a kid’s Mom and Dad, then it should be appropriate to talk about a kid’s Mom and Mom or Dad and Dad, or whatever family structure we live with. That’s part of what it means to be pro-Family, is to be pro-Every Family.”

Simple common sense. Simple respect. Simple understanding that not everyone is the same, not all families are the same, but you treat all of them with respect.

I swear to the goddess, we really need this kind of honest, common sense in the White House and Pete better be President one day.

Or else this queen will pitch a fit.

PS Full transparency: I love a good Pete quote but I also love using my Hot Pete Pic™.

photo

Liz Cheney, Wyoming Republican Representative, known for putting country over her party, on the work of the January 6 Commission:

“Well, what I would say is that what’s happening today in Ukraine is a reminder that democracy is fragile, that democracy must be defended, and that each one of us in a position to do so has an obligation to do so. Clearly, I think Leader McCarthy failed to do that, failed to put his oath to the Constitution ahead of his own personal political gains. And I think that, at the end of the day, each one of us is responsible for our own actions and activity. But, if we don’t stand for our Constitution, if we don’t stand for democracy, if we don’t stand for freedom, if we — if we forget that our oath to our Constitution is an oath to a document, it’s not an oath to an individual, we have got to always remember that, or our democracy is in peril.”

Preach Liz! Though I doubt many in your party would hear you or understand you, Preach!

photo

Scottie Scheffler, Number 1 golfer in the world, on why he plays the game:

“The reason why I play golf is I’m trying to glorify God and all that He’s done in my life. So for me, my identity isn’t a golf score. Like [my wife] Meredith told me this morning, ‘If you win this golf tournament today, if you lose this golf tournament by 10 shots, if you never win another golf tournament again,’ she goes, ‘I’m still going to love you, you’re still going to be the same person, Jesus loves you and nothing changes.’ All I’m trying to do is glorify God and that’s why I’m here and that’s why I’m in this position.”

Yes, God doesn’t care if you work with the poor, feed the hungry, house the homeless, but gosh darn it, She wants you to be the best golfer in the world.

I’m not a big believer in capital ‘G’ god, but if I were, I don’t think she’d be watching golf.

photo

Steve Schmidt, GOP campaign consultant, disabusing  Junior of any notion that he wielded any power over the US government in the wake of the 2020 election:

"CHEAT SHEET: The United States of America is the OLDEST CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC IN THE WORLD. The AMERICAN PEOPLE are SOVEREIGN. This means they are in CONTROL. The AMERICAN People~NOT the people they elect are in CONTROL. A Presidents SON has no standing in this land. He holds no TITLE and no HONORS . He is simply a citizen. NO MORE and NO LESS than any other CITIZEN. He has no authority, no special privilege. HE CONTROLS NOTHING. The FACT that [Junior] speaks like that shows his malice and autocratic heart. He speaks in the language of political violence. It is the language of PUTIN. American Presidents and their sons control nothing. [Junior] showed in real time how much [Thing 45], his aides and family hate that idea. These people must never hold any position of power or public responsibility ever again."

Junior sent multiple texts to Voter Fraud and former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows right Daddy lost the election, saying there were multiple paths the now-former president could take to remain in power, and added:

"We control them all.

Oh, Junior, do another line asshat, rage about a laptop, and take a seat.

photo

Kacey Musgraves, country singer, speaking out against the “very shameful” anti-trans measures in her home state of Texas at the 33rd GLAAD Media Awards where she was honored with the Vanguard Award:

“[I’m] very proud to be a Texan, but I don't like how the state has handled anything in that category, to be honest, and I just think that we can do better. It's a really scary time, it's kind of unbelievable that we still live [in] this time where personal freedoms and preferences are under attack like that. So, to feel the love of the community in this room, I'm really honored. There's so many icons and innovators here tonight. And I genuinely feel like I would not be where I am without the support and love of them. One of the biggest compliments, hands down, that I've ever gotten in my career, was a gay country fan saying, 'You know what, you have made me feel like I'm finally invited to a party that I've never been invited to.’ And that killed me in the best way possible.”

On the red carpet, Musgraves said she “would jump in front of a moving train for the LGBTQ+ community. Musgraves uses her platform to advance LGBTQ+ voices in country music, and to raise awareness around Texas’ anti-trans bills.

Good for her. And thank you.

photo

14 comments:

  1. Musgraves is such a great ally!
    And Mayor Pete *swoon* is so right!
    Liz is showing all those other Repugs how it's done. She's no angel, but damn she's got more balls than any sniveling repug kissing Cheeto's butt.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please tell me how playing golf glorifies anything bar the player and the game? I agree with you Bob, surely god (if he or she exists) would much rather we helped one another, unlike Putrid's god, the god of war.

    Russian ship go fuck yourself! Buy the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Pete better be President"
    Totally!!!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quotation by Scottie Scheffler is so breathtakingly arrogant and privileged! Not to mention stupid and shallow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. While children starve, while people are dying in the Ukraine, while Americans in this country lose theirs homes and life savings because they don't have access to health insurance, his god is putting him where he is.

    I'll pass on that god.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So....Junior sent "multipole" texts to Meadows? Multipole, as in several dick pics (or in his case portraits)? Just pulling your leg, Bobulah :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Musgraves is one of my favorite people

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some goodness and greatness here.

    And then there’s Golfing to Glorify God. Seriously? What does that even mean?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pete is Great.

    Liz is bold, quite brave, and not afraid to kick Republicans in their nuts multiple times.

    Scottie will grow up to be an adult who hates everything.

    Steve speaks for many quiet Republicans.

    Kacey, Kacey, Kacey 👍👍👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some positive, heartening stuff here Bob. Just like Scottie Scheffler with his golf, when I played rugby in my youth I was guided by God. God knew a lot about rugby as he used to play the game himself. In fact, he played every competitive sport known to mankind apart from ten pin bowling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m sorry Bob, but when it comes to anyone with the last name of Cheney, I have to remember the story of the girl and the snake. “You knew what I was when you picked me up.” Yes she’s one of those on the other side of the aisle to stand up to TFG, but when he’s gone and the traitors have gone into hiding, the Never Trumpers will go back to F-ing us up. Maybe it’s hard for us old yellow dog Dems to trust a Republican, but who knows. Maybe Liz will find that her spine can stand up to not only TFG but her dad’s cronies as well. I hope for the sake of the Country and the Constitution she and Kinzinger and others like them can do what’s right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope Pete is president some day (soon).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Musgraves is a hoot. Her Xmas special the bomb. How sweet that she honors those who will support her career until the end of time. There's no fan like a gay fan.

    Ogre Jr. Scary little creep. Why isn't he behind bars yet? Cocaine is still illegal in this country, right?

    Scheffler... what a pile of bull. This man has so much baggage to unpack, he'll be in his room the rest of his life. I love that he thinks 1/ there is a man up in the sky who controls stuff and 2/ that he thinks golfing is a great way to honor that sky man. Straight white men are weird.

    Cheney scores another. Now challenge McCarthy to a cage match!

    Pete makes a great point... say gay isn't going to work... and I'm surprised legal action hasn't been taken against it, for it's not only unenforceable, but it's also constitutionally illogical.

    Thanks for the feed, kid.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for Musgraves! And I've said it before but I'll say it again -- I am astonished that I'm agreeing with Liz Cheney about anything.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......