Thursday, April 07, 2022

Bobservations

It's today. Carlos' birthday, and, as he would tell it, like Vera Charles, he is somewhere between forty.....and death. But he doesn't get to tell it. I do, because it's my blog and I'll write about him if I want to....

Carlos constantly amazes me. I learn something new about him, from him, every day. His hasn't always been the easiest path; he's had more ups and downs than a power top at an all-night orgy, but he moves on with a smile. He's endured things and overcome things that would break a lesser man, but he does it a laugh and, perhaps, a little sashay that would make RuPaul green with envy.

He has a smirk that makes me swoon.
He has a way with words that makes me feel like a dizzy redhead.
He has a heart and passion for life that is unmatched.

So, here we are, celebrating his birthday for the :::gulp::: twenty-second time together, and I am looking forward to more, and more, and more.

I love you, Carlos, for who you were, and who you are, and who you will be.

Happy Birthday, Baby, and if they ask, I won't tell.

And because it’s your birthday, I’ll post a little song about how you make me feel:

I commented on a Facebook post about Franklin Graham coming down hard on Disney, and I said I had more faith in Disney than in Frank. A woman told me I was going to Hell, and I replied:

“If it’s anything like Disney, and there are no Republicans or faux-Christians there, then it really will be the happiest place on Earth.”

Thank you. I’m here all week.

I mentioned the other day that Matt Gaetz voted against capping insulin co-pays because, well, fat people deserve it if they get diabetes. But when I didn’t mention, was that every single Democrat voted for the cap while 193 House Republicans voted NO.

The votes don’t lie; only the Democratic Party is lowering health care costs.

I was getting gas this morning at pump 3, and I noticed the person before me bought $10 worth. Where the hell were they going? Pump 4?

A field 51 candidates have filed to run in the special election to fill Alaska’s lone Congressional seat, and they include current and former lawmakers, a homebuilder and his brother, the former half-term quitting governor, Sarah Palin and … North Pole City Council member Santa Claus.

Wouldn’t it be a hoot if Palin lost to Santa?

I have no problem with men wearing dresses. I kinda like the idea of a constant breeze on my junk, but, sheesh, I see this and think ‘Dude looks like a sister wife.’

I am not really a fan of Ariana Grande; for years I thought her bratty and petulant and self-entitled, and I still don’t think I was wrong but … she is a very strong ally for the LGBTQ+ community. And with transgender youth under attack by the GOP all across the country, Grande established the Protect & Defend Trans Youth Fund, and started it all off with her own donation of $1.5 million, and is asking her fans and LGBTQ+ allies to support the cause:

“Right now there are hundreds of disgraceful bills pending in state legislature that target trans youth and aim to curb their rights. [The Protect & Defend Trans Youth Fund] will support organizations providing direct services and advocating for the rights of trans youth [and] will provide critical funds to organizations advocating for the rights of trans youth.”

Eighteen groups will benefit from the cash, including Equality Florida, the Black Trans Advocacy Coalition, Southern Arizona Gender Alliance, and the Tennessee Equality Project.

Thanks Ariana for taking a stand.

Let this sink in: Tennessee Republicans don’t want people to say Gay in their state but are willing to remove the age requirements for marriage.

Meaning you cannot talk about Johnny’s two Daddies, but you can talk about thirty-year-old Cousin Jim Bob and his twelve-year-old wife.

Giove Taiola. He’s Italian and, well, that’s all I’ve got. But that’s all you need for this week’s Would You Hit It?
Would You?

25 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Carlos. And many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is that model wearing a lampshade on his head? If you pull his ding-a-ling does the light bulb turn on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!
    Love birthdays! And Carlos is a fellow Aries? Oh, Bob. You did not have a chance.
    Also, Ciao, Giove..


    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen has made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Carlos!! And the republicans exhaust me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Carlos! May you always remain Young At Heart!

    Love Tuxedo's meme and your comment about going to hell! Good ones, both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Carlos!

    I was reading the paper and getting more and more depressed, so immediately came over here because I KNEW I'd feel better! And I do, sweetpea! xoxo

    p.s. fuck any and all GOP members who vote against democracy under the guise of "freedom."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Carlos.

    And as for the guy in the dress - the least he could do is shave his legs.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots and lots of hugs to (Carlos)
    (Tuxedo)
    Santa Claus, eh?
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Ariane Grandes music but she definitely had a bratty and sometimes snobbish attitude in at least her public ego. I would hope she's actually sweeter and more down to earth than the diva she sometimes paints herself as

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great moment to see Ketanji Brown Jackson taking her place in The Supreme Court. Joe Biden deserves kudos for keeping his promise. He also deserves applause for correctly describing Putin as a "war criminal". I wonder what the previous incumbent would have called him, probably "my friend".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Carlos, and congrats on Twenty-two years with Bob. I kinda like the Sister Wives outfit, but hate the pink hat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely tribute to Carlos. Happy birthday from Idaho, Carlos. Hope you have a wonderful day.
    I don't want to ruin the birthday wish for Carlos by unloading on the privileged turds known as Republicans so I will just stop myself.
    Take care, Bob, and make sure you spoil Carlos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous3:51 PM

    Happy birthday to Carlos! And what a celebration for Justice Brown-Jackson! I think this means that she will sit next to Justice Coathanger-Barrett. Maybe Since Justice Brown-Jackson is coming to the court with actual judicial experience, perhaps she can help her less experienced colleague.

    PS The grocery ad says that it is National Beer Day. Stop by on your way home from work before Bret Kavanaugh gets there.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLOS!!!!!!!

    Tuxedo is sooooo right.

    And republicans can go fuck right off. They don't vote for anything that will help people. I hope they and their kids need insulin one day and have to pay $350 for each shot.

    I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CARLOS!

    Great tweet.

    You mean Classic Italian... and yes, I would love to cover him in olive oil.

    Tennessee and underage sex (because what is a marriage to a 12 year old really about?) - seems like a marriage that's endured.

    Not a fan of Grande Lotty either, but glad she's taking a stand.

    If I am going to wear a dress... then I want to be fabulous, not wear something that appears to have been constructed in a high school home ec class. What is that from? A fashion show for Amish cross dressers?

    Alaska. Frightening. Can you imagine Palin creating soundbites right and left and teaming up with Gaetz and MTG? UGH. Perish the thought. But Alaska? Not the brightest.

    I remember those days of having five bucks for gas... it certainly bought more then.

    The GOP needs to go away. I want healthcare for everyone. Where's the revolution?

    Franklin Graham is a horrible human being... a total failure. Thanks for fighting the good fight, Bob.

    Kizzes.



    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday to Carlos! 🎂🎂🎂

    Frankie Graham is one unhappy camper because the boycott against Disney is going to fail... he knows that... so does Disney.

    You do know that very soon the Republicans are going to begin telling their base that Democrats are putting microchips in their insulin.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I’d hit it. I’d hit it. Grove looks like he could take it.

    Happy birthday, dear Carlos. Thank you for making Bobby Baby so very happy. Thank you for being such a good sport, too, and letting him share your stories. You make my world so much richer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Frank
    Thanks for the wishes!

    @Helen
    Well, I do know his, um, ding-a-ling is easily accessible in that outfit!

    @Six
    Oh, Six I knew from the moment I heard that accent I didn’t have a chance.
    And I love those photos of Give, like they’re painted by an Old Master.
    xoxo

    @Deedles
    Helen and Her Ding-a-Ling!

    @JM
    The perfect birthday gift for Carlos would be a GOP Implosion!

    @Debra
    I love how the so-called Christians think they’ll get you to change your mind if they say you’re going to Hell.
    If there is a Hell, then I’m sure all the fun folks will be there.

    @Savannah
    Glad I could help you get rid of the Bad News Blues.
    And, yes, Fuck the GOP.
    CASTA A GODDAMNED VOTE!
    xoxo

    @JP
    Thanks for the Carlos wishes, and you’re right about the legs.

    @TDM
    Santa is serious about sending Sarah back to her proch!
    xoxo

    @Adam
    I give Ari props for taking a stand. We saw a bit of her on The Voice this past year and she was kinda funny. I’ll give her that, too!

    @Yorkshire
    After the last four years, It was a joy to see a qualified nominee being confirmed to SCOTUS.
    She gives me hope; Joe gives me hope.
    And I hope that Former Guy ends up in an American prison, and his friend ends up in a Russian gulag.

    @Boots
    Whaddya mean congrats on 22 years with me!! He’s lucky to have—oh yeah, I’m the lucky one!
    I think the pink hat was an attempt at whimsy.

    @Mr. Shife
    Carlos deserves all tributes.
    And feel free to unload on the Republicans; Carlos lives for that stuff!

    @Anon
    I think Carlos may think the confirmation was a special gift to him! I’d love to see her next to the Handmaid, and beside the Drunken Rapist Fratboy so that they will know every single day how underqualified they are to be sitting on that Court.

    @Maddie
    Carlos says ‘Thanks.’
    And he says Thanks for telling the GOP to FOAD! h/t Anne Marie

    @upton
    It is a rather happy birthday for him, indeed.
    I live for that Tweet.
    Tennessee. Putting the Trash in White Trash.
    Yeah, Ariana gets a high five from me, too.
    The dress is from one of my Mom’s old McCall’s patterns.
    Palin in a run-off with Santa would be high-larious.
    I was thinking about $5 gas purchases as I drove home today and realized it probably wouldn’t get me from Columbia to Camden!
    Frankie Graham can fuck all the way off. Hate-filled “Christian” asshat.
    xoxo

    @Dave
    Frank is just mad he can no longer ride the Matterhorn.

    @Mitchell
    I love the Old Masters of those photos. Very cool.
    Carlos is the gift that keeps on giving!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday Carlos!! I know Bob would have killed you by now but you are the stronger man!! Does Bob let you read his blog? Let me tell you, he talks shit about you. You are not THAT dizzy queen, are you? :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday Carlos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A belated happy birthday to Carlos! I love seeing people who have been together for years still excited to be together.

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Victor
    He can read the blog and one man’s dizzy is another man’s eccentric.

    @Bohemian
    Thanks for the wishes!!

    @Sadie
    We are pretty excited every day. Not ALL day EVERY day, but at some point EVERY day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday Carlos! And many more of them sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......