Thursday, April 21, 2022

Bobservations

There are times when I feel like I’m living in a real-life version of some TV hick town where they roll the sidewalks up at 5PM every day.

Carlos recently had a court interpretation in a town called Cayce, about 45 miles from our home, and since he doesn’t drive, I took the day off from work and off we went. We got to the courthouse and went inside … there is one courtroom, and outside the courtroom door is a metal detector. Carlos told the bailiff what he was there for and we were told to have a seat and wait until the case was called.

We waited about a half hour and then another bailiff came out to tell Carlos that the client he was to translate for, had not shown up, and so the case was being held over until they could get the man there. Court was, in fact, over for the day, and it was just 9:30 AM.

But the best part was that, as Carlos filled out paperwork to get paid for his time, the bailiff walked over to the  metal detector, unplugged it, and wheeled it into a closet near the courtroom door; then she took the small table that held the one basket used to hold personal items as you went through the detector and tucked into the closet, too.

I was waiting for them to put the wheels on the courthouse and drive it to the next town for court.

Seriously, ask yourselves what the GOP has proposed to do about healthcare, or immigration, or climate change, or COVID because all they seem to do is push guns into our hands and scare us with migrants running amok over the borders and Mickey Mouse being a pedophile.

The GOP-controlled Florida Senate has voted to dissolve Disney World’s Reedy Creek Improvement District as punishment for standing against the Don’t Say Gay Bill. The Reedy Creek Improvement Act allows Walt Disney World to reside in Florida unregulated, acting as its own “government” and creating a special taxing district that acts with the same authority as a county government.

The termination of this act transfers a whopping $2 billion worth of debt from Disney over to Florida taxpayers, resulting in a new tax assessment of $2200 a year for Orange and Osceola County families.

All because Ron DeSantis got his panties in a snit.

A New Jersey Catholic diocese has agreed to pay $87.5 million to settle claims involving child raping priests with some 300 victims in one of the largest cash settlements involving the Catholic church in the United States.

You know, if the Catholic Church would simply have those rapists arrested and tried for their crimes, they might save some of the money that they are clearly fonder of than children.

Speaking of payouts … If you're ever sitting in public and a stranger takes the seat next to you, just stare straight ahead and quietly say:

"Did you bring the money?"

It looks like GOPQAnon Madison Cawthorn is in hot water again!

Many North Carolinians are pissed at Maddie C. after he reportedly spent $2,950 to stay at Skylaranna—a luxury resort in his hometown of Hendersonville. And they’re even more angry that  he billed his constituents $2,000 that very same week for “food and beverages” from establishments like Chick-fil-A, Bojangles chicken, Joey’s NY Bagels, as well as a number of non-detailed payments to his government credit card.

Best of all, is that while Maddie was lounging at a luxury resort and shoving Chick-fil-A into his traitorous piehole, he Tweeted:

“Democratic politicians certainly love wasting your hard-earned tax dollars while forcing your businesses to shut down.”

Pot meet Kettle.

Once again Consuelo has expressed her displeasure that Tuxedo makes an appearance weekly in this space and she does not. So, she perched herself on the bed, slapped on her most imperious punim, and demanded to be photographed.

I obliged because she threatened to use my leg as a scratching post. Again.

I was shocked when I saw this, but it’s true … QAnon nutjob actor has-been Ricky Schroder is getting a star on the Walk of Fame.

Wait—what? It’s not the Hollywood Walk of Fame, it’s the lesser known, well, unknown, walk of fame in Valencia, so, um, yeah, congrats?

Remember the Bill O’Reilly meltdown on TV years back—if not, Google it, it’s high-larious.

Well, this week the meltdown happened again when Billy’s JetBlue flight to Turks and Caicos was delayed by several hours and he went off on an airline employee:

“You’re going to lose your job.”

And when the employee tries to respond, O’Reilly shrieks:

“You f***ing scumbag. Don’t talk to me like that.”

I don’t know what’s funnier, Bill O’Reilly going Full Karen in an airport, or Bill O’Reilly flying JetBlue.

The same Tucker Carlson who thinks gay people are disgusting is the Tucker Carlson telling men they need to tan their balls in a glowing vise.

Lastly we have model Casey Field who models for Wilhelmina. He’s kinda cute, kinda shy, kinda naked, but … Would You Hit It?

21 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I like how you describe the courthouse. I kinda pictured the four walls collapsing in on themselves, and then someone folding them up and carrying it all away under their arm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect the Catholic church yearns for medieval times when they claimed the right to punish any cleric (anyone in holy orders) for civil crimes (the trigger for the murder of Thomas Becket - sorry St Thomas for that very reason. Henry II took objection to priests who committed murder being allowed to get away with it.

    Valencia in Spain? I'm surprised they've even heard of him; I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    Florida's next Governor race
    should be really interesting...
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I picture the courthouse opening its front window and selling BBQ and hot dogs after court concludes.

    Very interesting statistics about Florida voting in the last gubernatorial election! Maybe they’ll designate the governor’s mansion and grounds as Mickey Mouse Annex.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fact that Death Santis won by such a small margin (it's less than the people who work at Disney!!) never ceases to amaze me. Hope they like their tax increase. That's gay.

    And I'm glad Carlos got his dough. It was a trip, after all!

    Fucker Carlson and the Repugs are just trying to find some red meat to throw at the base. Midterms are here!

    If I looked half as good as Casey, I'd be naked 70@ of the day. Really.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Consuelo has a nice set of gams on her! Beautiful, imperious kitty.
    I'm just going to leave this here: I've always felt that Minnie Mouse was Mickey's beard, long before I knew what that was :)
    I would not hit that little morsel. I'd nibble on him a little, but never hit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was expecting major courthouse drama....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd heard about DeSantis dissolving the Reedy Creek Improvement District, but I hadn't heard it would impose such a substantial tax burden on the citizens. Maybe he doesn't get much support from Orlando anyway, and feels he can afford to piss those people off? I wonder.

    I don't get the Tucker Carlson thing. What?!?!

    I had to look up Ricky Schroder's star -- as you probably know it's in the "Walk of Western Stars" in Valencia, Ca. I had no idea Schroder had even been in Westerns!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outside our courthouse in Edmonton there's a tree known as "the knife tree." If you can't get through the court metal detector because of a knife or other sharp object in your pocket, courthouse staff will tell you to go outside, put it under The Knife Tree and then come back in and through security. In a variation on "honour among thieves," no one will steal your knife while it's under The Knife Tree. My Rare One discovered this one day when she went to pay a fine and had a pair of nail scissors in her bag when she tried to go through the metal detector.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tucker Carlson must be one of the oddest people around. I can't call Madison Cawthron, Maddie. I don't want to him to come to mind with our dear Maddie. But he sure does have a terrible diet. I hope he doesn't get back on their ballot there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have quite a few towns like you described here in Idaho. The kids get really confused when some of these places are missing technology. Ron DeSantis is such a douche. Ball tanning? I had some similar topics on my blog this week, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The portable courthouse sounds interesting. I’d sick Consuelo on the assholes; she looks like she means business. I’d love to use the “Did you bring the money” line. I’d also love to make use of Casey Field.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sic not sick… And still… Casey Field.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Treaders
    I also thought it might self-convert to an Arby’s once the detector was gone … but I like your idea, too!

    @helen
    In the words of The Immortal Anne Marie the Catholic Church can FOAD.
    And this Valencia is slightly north of Hollywood California, but not really a movie star destination which is good because Schroder is kinda over.

    @TDM
    Florida needs to either secede from the Union of we need to physically remove it.

    @krayloakris
    It wouldn’t surprise me!
    I think DeSantis may be feeding the loud-mouthed morons in Florida, but cooler heads need to step up and decisively remove him from office.

    @Six
    Hopefully the people of Florida will not stand for this, but, you know, it is Flori-duh.
    It was a nice chunk of change for a short trip.
    Carlson talking about manliness if the height of hilarity.
    I do admire Casey for his love of nudity.
    xoxo

    @Deedles
    She is imperious, and she knows it.
    I thought Minnie was Goofy’s beard, too.
    And that little nugget might like a nibble.

    @Frank
    Not is such a MINOR courthouse!

    @Steve
    I don’t think DeSantis wanted to play up that part.
    I get nothing about Carlson; nothing.
    I think Schroder got a star because somebody cut a check to the Valencia City Council.

    @Debra
    I shudder at how many knives are laying on the ground under that tree on a busy docket day!

    @Agnes Goldberg-DeWoofs
    Tucker is a joke to anyone who doesn’t watch Fox, but to Fox viewers he is the Oracle!
    I debated on whether to Maddie Madison, lest I offend the original Great Maddie.
    I’d love to see him axed from consideration for public office.

    @Mr. Shife
    I guess I was surprised because our courthouse here in Camden is a nice-sized building with several, several, I say, several, courtrooms!
    I just came back from your blog and saw your own Tucker Carlson Manliness exercises. I wonder if Tucker will do a part 2 and add more to his list.

    @Mitchell
    I’m still giggling at the metal detector being closeted … like one of our Senators ALLEGEDLY.
    Consuelo is a little bitch, and mostly in a good way.
    I love the idea of saying completely irreverent, nonsensical things to strangers.
    Casey might like to be used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The grooming bit is hysterical because now millions and millions of Cracker Jack Crazy Christian men are going to wonder if crying at Ol' Yeller means they've been groomed.

    DeSantis thought Disney would cave.... Disney is going to wait this one out.

    Remember, Madison Crawford was Home Schooled, which explains everything.

    Yes, I'd hit Casey, do you know if he's any good at Fielding?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Consuelo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Dave
    Well, ask them if Disney was grooming all these years and then ask why no one's ever noticed before?

    @Marcia
    Yes, she is, and she knows it. The fastest way to get her to come to you is to call her "Pretty Baby Girl."

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wouldn't it be nice if they all got voted out of office? If America said.. enough.

    Casey. Meh. Pass.

    Tucker will never live this one down.

    O'Reilly! Back in the news. And the Jet Blue thing made me laugh. Comeuppance, much? I can't imagine yelling at someone at the front desk of an airline. Like they have anything to do with whether your flight is delayed or what not. What a numbskull.

    Schroeder is a terrible human being. Whatever did Valencia do to deserve this?

    Consuelo's expression is precious. She seems to be saying, "We need more Lemon Pledge."

    Cawthorne. So are the papers in North Carolina reporting this stuff? The local news covering it? It's so text book Jr. goes to college with his first check book.

    Your chuckles are always lol affairs.

    The Catholic church. 10% of my mother's wealth has gone to that creepy organization so they can support priests diddling children. I think they should have their tax exempt status nullified.

    Speaking of taxes... I hope whoever runs against DeSatanist constantly reminds Floridians of ever foul deed he has committed in office. The man is unfit to serve and only serves himself.

    You're absolutely right about the fear mongering. But we, the gays? We have a lot to fear these days.

    Iowa courtrooms run the same way. Don't ask how I know that...

    Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @upton
    If ENOUGH Americans said ENOUGH!
    It makes me giggle that Tucker believes anyone thinks he's the maleness expert.
    Jet Blue. It still makes me smile. If I were them I'd find some way to use the video in an ad.
    Cawthorn has also been stopped twice on two different occasions driving with a suspended license.
    Pedophile priests and the cardinals and bishops who cover for them. Fuck 'em all.
    We do have a lot to fear which is why we need to be louder and push our allies to be louder.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad I sold the house in Orange county. Floria is on my no-fly list until there are changes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Travel
    I'm with you. We have friends down there but will not be visiting. I don't want my tourist dollars funding this fascist regime.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......