Wednesday, November 04, 2020

A Thought or Ten ....

It’s a mess, but then we kinda knew that, right? I mean, c’mon, we knew _____ would lie about the election, cheat about the election, bully about the election, but here’s what I don’t get:

He says stop counting the votes. Okay, so stop. Joe Biden has 238 Electoral College votes to _____’s 213; I ain’t no math genius, but that says Biden won, if we stop counting votes.

But what about the people’s votes? Joe has over 69 million and _____ has over 66 million. Joe wins there, too, if we were to do what this so-called president wants.

Count every vote. Stop listening to _____’s lies that, somehow, people are still voting. That’s a lie.

Now, to _____supporters; clearly, and I’m sorry if you are one, the dumbest people on the planet. We know his response to the virus  lead to 235,000 people losing their lives … nearly 1,000 people a day.

We know he knew this could happen in January, before anyone died, and he did nothing.

We know his response to the virus crashed the economy and sent 50 million into unemployment, closed countless businesses. People lost their homes, their jobs, their businesses, and their lives, and yet these MAGAts still think he’s the right man for the job.

How stupid are they? That’s a rhetorical question.

Now, some good news …

Tennessee has elected its first two LGBTQ+ state representatives with Democrat Torrey Harris and Republican Eddie Mannis.

All four members of the ‘squad’—Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Illhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley and Rashida Tlaid—easily won reelection.

Cori Bush has become the first Black woman elected to the Missouri congress.

Sarah McBride has won a seat in the Delaware state Senate Tuesday night, making history by becoming the first openly transgender state senator in the United States.

Other LGBTQ+ wins … Democrat Sharice Davids was reelected in Kansas; Democrat Chris Pappas  was reelected in New Hampshire; Democrat David Cicilline was reelected in Rhode Island; Democrat Mark Takano was reelected in California; and Democrat Mark Pocan was reelected in Wisconsin.

Mauree Turner, a non-binary Muslim, was elected to the Oklahoma House of Representatives making them the first Muslim person elected in Sooner State history and the first openly non-binary person ever elected to a state legislature in the United States.

I remain calmly anxious, and I have hope that once these mail-in ballots are counted and, again, COUNT EVERY VOTE, we will see _____voted from office. Oh sure, it won’t go easy; he’ll barricade himself in the bunker, shove Big Macs in his mouth, snort Adderall and chase it with Diet Coke, and Tweet constantly, but rest assured, he will be removed from office.

11 comments:

  1. Good for all the new folks.
    ______, what can I say - other
    than lose, lose, lose!

    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turned on my television last night at 8:10 pm. I screamed expletives at the television. I turned off the television at 8:11 pm. I opt out. I can't watch anymore sh*tshow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for all the LGBTQ+ people who have won well deserved positions. So mad at Cheeto trying to fuck it up more by declaring himself King. He's terrified that the mail-in ballots are being counted.
    I hope he's humiliated beyond reason.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. we need MORE women, POC, LGBTQ+ people running and winning an office. and 2 gay men won state rep seats in TN (can you believe it?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't bear to look at any of the news; the wrong result will fuck up the whole world, but even more so for you all. Keeping fingers crossed and hoping

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't ... I simply can not ... endure 4 more years of this chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Other good news: New Mexico is sending all women of color to the House. WTG New Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this post as it gave me some hope that the nightmare that is _________ will soon be coming to an end. I am disappointed that it wasn't a blue wave, but if the man at the top goes, I will be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saturday, I actually had a woman tell me that people would just have to accept the results, and I agreed. I knew exactly who she meant, even before she made a comment about Snowflakes (at which time I informed her I'm a Snowflake!) I sure she'd reading-- and believing-- everything about how Biden's side is cheating. I'm so done with these people.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......