Monday, November 02, 2020

I Don't Need One, But Here's Another Reason To Love Pete

While Pete Buttigieg was stumping for Joe Biden at a rally in Florida last week, a MAGAt heckler kept trying to shout him down, by running in front of the podium and shrieking:

“Trump 2020. Say no to Sleepy Joe Biden!”

Pete, as Pete does, simply took that moment in and then said:

“Wouldn’t it be nice to have a president who will serve [the heckler] just as enthusiastically as he will serve us? Wouldn’t it be nice to have a president who cares just as much about protecting the lives of those that protest us as those who stand at our side?”

And, clearly emboldened because he was being noticed, the heckler shouted:

“Don’t worry about it. We’re bigger than him.”

But even Pete grew weary, and as the heckler kept shrieking, Pete asked:

“Okay dude, but can I finish my remarks? Are you afraid to hear what I have to say? Are you afraid to hear what I have to say? Are you afraid to hear what I have to say?”

And then he asked:

“Do you denounce white supremacy?”

And the heckler seemed to nod yes, and so Pete, being Pete, said:

“Good! Then we AGREED on something. That’s a beginning point. See if you can get your president to do the same thing.”

And that’s why I like Pete; he’ll talk to all of us, even those who shout him down, and find common ground.

I want Pete to, one day, become America’s first openly gay president.

16 comments:

  1. Yup!!! Me too.
    take care, xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps a period of being VP to Kamala would give Pete the experience in Washington politics that he needs to work the political machine for the benefit of the American people - in fact Harris-Buttigieg would have been my preferred ticket for 2020 (but don't tell Joe).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my Pete yard sign ready for the next election!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Kamala/Pete! They are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw that clip, someone should have turned off that guy's Mr. Microphone. He was way too loud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The world is still producing great people. May we all survive the Trump Error to seem them lead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love him.
    Is he perfect? No.
    Does he have great potential? Hell yes.
    I hope uncle Joe has a position for him in his cabinet. He’s gonna need tons of help with the destruction Cheeto will inflict on the country.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete

  9. Absolutely, Bob! I see Pete serving in a Biden administration and then one day being the first openly gay man to be President!
    I love Pete, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If - and I repeat IF - Joe has to step down for whatever reason, his Veep would, I assume, get automatic promotion thus leaving an opening for her to be able to choose her own deputy. [I guess this is what a lot are thinking but simply dare not put it into words]. Naturally, I don't look forward to such circumstances being at all necessary but the reality surely is that it MAY not be such a long wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely want to see him stay involved-- at least make it to Congress. (But President would be great!) We need men like him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd vote for him again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. On board. Kamala will need a VP... and then... one step away!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This made my day too!! I adore Pete even more now!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with Helen - a Harris/Buttigieg ticket would be wonderful. Two articulate, intelligent people in the White House!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......