Thursday, June 13, 2024

Bobservations

Y’all know Carlos is legally blind now, but he can still see light, especially outside on a sunny day, so he likes to wear sunglasses so the glare doesn’t bother him. He needed a new pair a couple of weeks ago and we stopped by Walgreens to get a pair and after quickly finding a pair off we went.

The following weekend, after dropping some old towels and pet beds off to our local animal shelter, we walked back toward the car and as I looked over at Carlos I started laughing …

“What’s so funny?”

“You’ve still got the sticker on the lens from buying the glasses!”

“Well, how am I supposed to see it?”

“I’m not laughing at you, I’m laughing at me for not seeing it.”

“And they call me the blind one.”

 I got the last laugh, however, as I took out my phone and made a note to post the story to my blog.

This Tuxedo Memory is from June 2017 …

“Tuxedo is an escape artist. He, like the other cats, is not allowed outside because we live in a rural area and there are lots of things cats can catch that are dangerous. But ... and there’s always a but ... Tuxedo is the Best Cat Ever™ and so several morning a week, I take him outside and let him walk along the deck railing so he can smell the outside; don’t worry, he’s always chaperoned.

Still, if he’s in that mood, and someone opens a door, and he’s there, and there’s an opening, he’s been known to fly out the door and escape into the yard where a chase ensues, and treats are used to goad him back inside. 

One morning, Carlos left a door open when he was going into the yard and I couldn’t find Tuxedo. I called all over the house and he wasn’t there ... but I could hear him meow ... over and over again. It was coming near the sunroom, where the door had been left open ... I heard his plaintive meows and called him and then looked down ...

I guess he was playing Hide-and-Seek and I was ‘It.’”

It used to be a game when you couldn’t find Tuxedo to discover where he was hiding and all you could see was that face!

As part of the ongoing  I Should Be Laughing Public Service Announcement Protocols please read the vowels in Celine Dion’s name out loud.

You’re welcome.

A Boise, Idaho bar has drawn national attention for creating Heterosexual Awesomeness Month in response to LGBTQ Pride month, which has been celebrated during June for decades:

“Each Monday will be Hetero Male Monday and any heterosexual male dressed like a heterosexual male will receive a free draft beer. Each Wednesday is Heterosexual couples day and each heterosexual couple will receive 15% off their bill.”

Two things: fuck off, and …

How does one dress like a heterosexual male?

I have long found Orville Peck to be really hot … oy, that voice … and wished I could get him to take off that mask. So imagine my surprise when, instead, he removed his pants!

Nice cakes.

Florida’s fascist Governor, and Gogo dancer, Ron DeSantis  declared summer to be Freedom Summer in the state and said all state bridges must be lit red, white, and blue, while banning any bridge from displaying Pride colors.

But seventy community members is San Marco had their own idea and gathered together to display their own version of Pride by lighting up the Main Street Bridge with rainbow colors. I imagine Miss Ronnie stomped around the governor’s manse in his Gogo boots until Casey could have him sedated.

The other day I put a fried egg on my Croque Monsieur to make it a Croque Madame and the next thing I know JK Rowling is yelling outside my house.

It’s not funny cuz she’s a transphobic b*tch.

Antonio Medugno is a 25-year-old Italian TikTok “star” and model, but the question still remains: Would You Hit It?

35 comments:

  1. Orville's becoming quite popular. My surprise about Pulse was that smarmy DeSantis ordered that flags be lowered to half mast. He must have some ulterior motive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orville is quite something and DeSantis is a pandering POS.

      Delete
  2. Florida, what a swamp these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And apparently getting swampier ... literally!

      Delete
  3. Poor Carlos. You always get the last laugh! And if I recall many of your cats are escape artist!!!! But you gave me a good eye roll with the Celine Dion. Were you very bored at work when you figured that one out???

    Love the bridge story. I just bet Ronnie had a stomping tantrum in his go go boots!!!! The straight pride thin gets me too. Just why do they need one? Too my knowledge as a whole they were not spit upon, profiled, harassed, insulted, beat up, discriminated upon, fired for being gay, kicked out of housing for who they sleep with, can adopt and get married without the dramas and have to the right too, called slurs, don't get turned away from medical help, mamed, cut, shot at, raped and even killed for a lifestyle we have no choice of from birth. Save me the pity of wanting their own Hetro Pride Month.

    And you need to ask if Id tap Antonio Medugno ??? You had me at the name alone toots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie thinks he gets the last the last laugh but he's getting laughed at instead.
      Straight pride is the biggest joke ever.
      Yes, I figured you'd like some Antonio!

      Delete
  4. Will that photo be Orville Peck's new album cover, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From Paper magazine and there are several more .... Orville nude on a horse!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:26 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    !akFlorida!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida is getting hit by all kinds of weather related disasters but you dare not call it climate change.
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Oh, Carlos....I get to laugh at that because I know exactly what he's going through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He also finds it funny, which is good.

      Delete
  7. Oh, Orville had all the gays up in arms (and more) with those Paper magazine photos. You know how much I like him. He's currently my phone wallpaper, BTW.
    And those Carlos stories!!! OMG.

    The thing is Death Santis is effing up Florida so good that it'll be a miracle if he's got any life left in politics. Did you hear about the merciless flooding? After he rejected flood relief. Idiot.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orville's speaking voice and that smile rock my world; and I can even get past the tats ... [I have some, but sometimes I think enough is enough].
      I love how DeFascist is asking for all kinds of gov=enremtn aid in the same week that saw record high temperatures, a long long drought come to end, and a deluge of rain.
      But don't say "gay" or "climate change."
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. e i e i o 🤣 very clever of you to come up with that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda stole it, but I'll take credit for the share!

      Delete
  9. My deepest apologies from Boise, Idaho. Unfortunately, the world is full of stupid people and it seems that a lot of them like to call Idaho home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't with the hetero pride ...

      Delete
  10. Cleora Borealis1:14 PM

    😠😠 I am just so tired of white assholes making me embarrassed to be white and hetero assholes making me embarrassed to be hetero!! All the bile and stress these bigots cause their bodies are supposed to be killers, but the bigots aren't dying young enough!! I don't get how you win the game of being better than "those other people." I consider myself a multi-hued androgyne and my world seems very rosy from that perspective! And speaking of a rosy world, it's better with Tuxedo in it...as you say, "oy! the punim on that cat!!" 😻😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree ... we are all "those other people" and as soon as those on the right realize that we're all different and that's okay, the world might be a better place.
      And yes to that punim!

      Delete
  11. A real mix today of laughter and anger (looking at you, Idaho and GoGo de Satan)! I think the bit about Colorado might be the only time Bobo followed through on a promise! Well done, sweetpea! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boebert did help lower crime by leaving her district, but is that the way to do it? Of course not!
      xoxo

      Delete
  12. aussieguy3:58 PM

    Ah, our pets amuse us and seemingly know more than we give them credit for! And Carlos? One of these days he's liable to place on sticker on you! Boebert is one of a kind...unless you count all of the other dim bulb Rethuglicans, including GoGo Boots! Pulse 🩷💙💚💛🧡❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Carlos gets me every now and again!

      Delete
  13. Antonio? A definite yes. Tuxedo WAS the sweetest cat in the world. I’ve seen many people wandering around with those stickers still on their glasses. Doesn’t it say do not remove under penalty of law? Oh wait that’s pillows. Antonio? Still waiting. Antonio?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe give Antonio a nudge???

      Delete
  14. That's very funny about Celine Dion's name. But how to people work these things out?
    This week's plastic man is not for me, although he does look nice in a cowboy hat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does look good in THAT hat!

      Delete
  15. Oh poor Carlos, he certainly provides fodder for your blog.
    I laughed at the vowels - it never crossed my mind, nor her parents' notice either.
    One does hope that we're seeing the last of Boebert and her family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos gets slightly annoyed if he finds out I don't have a Carlos story!
      I hope Gropert gets her ass handed to her in the upcoming election!

      Delete
  16. One dresses as a heterosexual male in exactly the same way that homosexual males dress. One puts on one's underpants followed by one's socks, one's shirt and one's trousers. It's quite easy really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is THAT simple, and yet some folks don't get it. Sad.

      Delete
  17. You do have to leave off the glitter and the ruffles though. Gotta love a cat that plays hide and seek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuxedo used to love to vanish and make you hunt for him

      Delete
  18. Anonymous12:09 PM

    A heterosexual month, well tra-la-la.
    Florida is a mess, poor building code enforcement, skyrocketing insurance and now record flooding. Now the red state has its hands out for Federal aid and assistance that they supposedly abhor. What happened to pulling up your own bootstraps, that so called conservatives embrace ? Of course the red states love sucking the blue state tax payers teats. And despite all the taxpayer aid they receive, the red states are among the poorest in the nation. Or like Texas and Florida, well off , but still hands out for Federal dollars. Perhaps it’s time to cut them off, certainly they’re capable of paying their own way, as they do have the effing money.:) -Rj

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......