Thursday, April 25, 2024

Bobservations

No Carlos story, but a funny story about a repairman.

Last Friday our oven stopped working; wouldn’t heat up or would take far too long to reach the desired temperature. So Carlos calls a guy we know who has repaired appliances in the past; he doesn’t work weekends but Monday morning he called early to say he’d be out at 9AM.

On the dot he shows up and heads into the kitchen, and as I enter the room he is walking to the refrigerator and opening the freezer door, and says to me:

“What’s the trouble here?”

And I say:

“That’s not the oven.”

Man, he was embarrassed, because his second call that morning was for an ice maker that wasn’t working; he turned all shades of red and so I said:

“If you want something to eat just ask.”

He didn’t, but he laughed and then he did get the oven back up and running for a mere sixty bucks.

This Tuxedo Memory is from September 13, 2015:

I Can't With This Cat ... Tuxedo Kills Me

First off, what's with the 'Don't shoot,' pose?

And then why does he always lay down like he's trying out for the US Luge team for the next Winter Olympics?”

That boy knew how to pose down the house!

I have seen this sign at our local recycling center ever since we bought our home, but this last weekend I finally took out the phone and snapped a picture.

First off: FlATTEN? Why all caps except for the “L”? And CARDboarD? What does that mean? And then to add to the confusion, “Squished, STOMPEd, etc etc etc.”

It boggles the mind.

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer was all about impeaching Joe Biden; so much so that he even had a book deal at the ready to make some coins off the impeachments. And just last week when asked about the impeachment evidence he said, “Wait and see.”

And now he’s saying, “I give up.”

After 15 months of coming up short in proving his claims against Biden, Comer recently told one of his GOP colleagues that he was ready to be “done with” the impeachment inquiry.

Cuz there’s no there, there.

As Taylor Swift accepted the Grammy Award in February for best pop vocal album she told the crowd that she had a new album, “The Tortured Poets Department,” coming in April.

First off, “tortured” poet? Bitch please. It's billionairess bitching about mean boys.

Anyway … she spent a lot of the album dogging her last two boyfriends—pre-Travis Kelce—even though she claimed she was never happier; seriously, while dating Matt Healey she declared she was the “happiest” she’d ever been. And now she sings about him in a song called “The Smallest man In The World.”

Here’s the deal: sing about all your old boyfriend if it sells your albums, but admit you are also to blame for the breakup because it don’t happen alone. And pay attention, Travis, because if history teaches us anything, it’s that your songs will be coming sooner rather than later.

Okay, I am all about interesting and different clothing, but whoever came up with these shorts needs a good smackdown. What in the ever-loving culotte-drapery hell is going on here?

And then these flip-flops … unless you’re leaving a trail for people looking for dick, maybe rethink your footwear?

Well, well, well … dozens of migrants that Florida Governor, and Head Gogo Dancer, Ron DeSantis tricked into flying from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard  for a $615,000 taxpayer funded political stunty, have now been granted visa as human trafficking  victims of Ron DeSantis.

This is Leon Nieuwoudt, a model and actor and realtor … really, realtor? Whatever he might be the question remains: Would You Hit It?

33 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, he did; if he saw it near him, focused on him, he would suddenly perk up!

      Delete
  2. The repairman!!!!!! That is too funny!!!!!I loved your reply!!😂😂

    Tuxedo!!!! Your right. He can pose. He'd be a good candidate for ballroom.

    Those shorts? I'd wear them!!!!! It would be easy access for the boys to service me!!!!! Too much TMI?

    And yes...Leon Nieuwoudt. He could sell me the house and then show me how to break in the bedroom! MAJOR WOOF!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuxedo in the ballroom would have been epic!

      Delete
    2. I meant to add I love how the dick flops story is followed up by an even bigger dick!

      Delete
    3. Both are dick flops, right?

      Delete
  3. Imagine wearing those pants and then trying to get them open due to having an urgent need to pee.... I guess if you're former Navy, you'd know how to get them open in a hurry.
    Comer is probably all excited today, though, waiting with bated breath for the SCOTUS to let him know he can go after Biden for, oh, I don't know, maybe wiping his ass wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be ripping those shorts open!
      Comer, after months of "Oh we have all kinds of proof" to "I think we're done."
      Typical GOP.

      Delete
  4. Of course Comer had nothing, Republicans never do. Those shorts are great, as long as you don't have a belly. And I like those sandals, but they're only going make an impression right by the water line, and then the tides will wash them away. I have no problem with Taylor Swift and could care less about her personal life. She says register to vote and 50,000 young women register Democrat and then vote for women's rights. Oh, and Leon's last name is pronounced New Wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just think Swift relies too much on breakups for her music, so any guy that gets with her needs to know that as soon as it's over she'll rip him a new one in a song.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous9:26 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Repairman!) (Tuxedo always)
    Much chortling about t_____'s "toots"!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stench of his toots, figuratively and literally!
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. That poor repairman - I'm sure he'll be double checking his info from now on. Too funny!
    The DeSantis story made me howl. And Weisselberger's tweet is spot-on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That guy had me laughing because I seriously thought he was looking for something to eat; he was embarrassed, at first, but then laughed, too.

      Delete
  7. That cardboard sign was too funny! And those flip-flops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot believe it took me so long to get a photo of that sign, because it makes me cringe every time I see it!

      Delete
  8. Okay Bob so there you are slapping the dyslexic sign writer at the dump and then you write this in the Taylor Swift report: " she a new album". People who live in glass houses should not throw stones my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was slapping his use of upper case and lower case at the most odd times.
      Taylor annoys me so much you're lucky I got a sentence out at all.

      Delete
  9. Perhaps Ron Disaster needs teeny peeny flip-flops?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea of having a 'local repairman''. So quaint.
    And of course Comer has nothing. No shame, no morals, no brain. Like all repugs.
    Taylor? I can take her or leave it. But when someone crashes a voting-registering site because she said: 'register to vote', I tend to like them.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will always give Swifty propr for her voter activism, but to go from saying your boyfriend has made you the happiest you've ever been to writing a diss track about him is not cool.
      xoxo

      Delete
  11. Cleora Borealis11:42 AM

    🚨 Off-topic: a few Republicans got scared enough of women who have voting power to help Dems repeal the 1864 abortion law...and the AZ AG indicted the fake electors and their unindicted co-conspirator bosses!! 🥳👏
    1. I'll host the next cardboard squishing party but BYOC! It'll be a stomping good time!
    2. Does it mean anything that the "dick flipper" has a dominant left foot? Creativity?
    3. Your "Would You Hit It?" selection appears to have nice laugh. His last name...Nieuwoudt...do you pronounce it New Wood? Asking for a gay friend.
    4. Tuxedo is a ham alright, but I think these photos show him trying out for "Would You Hit Cat?" Meorowww!! 😽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Women should be scaring every single Republican, and then voting them out of office.
      I'm not sure about the dick flipping lefty? I need more research.
      I like his new wood, and the old wood if I'm being honest!
      I love the hands up; reminds me of a child running up to a parents, hands raised, wanting to be picked up!

      Delete
  12. aussieguy3:43 PM

    I've really been trying to let the moment pass between Taylor & Travis, BUT I have told everyone I cannot imagine ANY man wanting to date her as you just know she's already writing the lyrics. And those are men's shorts!?!? And puh-lease, don't make fun of DeSantis' flip flops, cuz you know he's nothing but a flip-flopper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DeSantis is a flip-flopping dick, to be sure.

      Delete
  13. I love the "cardboard" sign. I definitely would have taken that picture!

    At least the penis flip-flops are amusing. The shorts...just no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sign irks me every time I see it.
      The flip-flops make a good novelty gift, but the shorts are, as you say, a No.

      Delete
  14. Tuxedo truly was a heart-breaker. That “cardboard” sign is a strong argument in favor of education. Those culottes are bizarre. And the dick-flops are entertaining. A realtor huh? I wouldn’t mind being taken places by Leon Nieuwoudt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that Tuxedo; he melted my heart from the day we met.
      I often tell people, who tell me that I don't sound like I'm from the South, that it's because I graduated from the 5th grade.
      Leon could show me around, indeed!

      Delete
  15. The shorts and flip-flops are some of the worst fashion mistakes I've seen this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are; both funny looking, but at least the flip-flops were meant to be humorous.

      Delete
  16. Would someone please send Ronnyboy a pair of those flip flops, in white. (Good god, I am going to be in Florida for 48 hours! Cover me!)

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......