Thursday, April 04, 2024

Bobservations

We had our taxes done last week and our accountant was also going to do my Dad’s taxes as well. So she needed a copy of the will and the Death Certificate and my driver’s license to be able to access certain things and I handed them over to her.

“Is this your age?”

“I’m pretty sure it is.”

“I thought you were younger than this.”

“Is that because I’m child-like?”

And this point Carlos interrupts:

“Maybe it’s because you’re childish.”

“Well, one thing is for certain. She doesn’t think you’re younger than you actually are.”

Snap.

PS I’m a year older than Carlos.

This Tuxedo Memory is from August 2015 and is entitled:

Hairballs and Flip-flops and Giggles, Oh My!

I'm a child ... I admit it. 

Yesterday morning, while having breakfast in the kitchen with Carlos, I overheard Tuxedo relieving himself of a hairball in the living room. Since the rule at Casa Bob y Carlos is that I take care of what goes INTO the cats and Carlos takes care of what comes OUT of them, I went to see what happened.

A hairball ... all over Carlos' flip-flops ... which is when I started laughing hysterically ... and when Carlos began muttering 'motherf**ker' under his breath.

I almost couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.

Again, I am a child. Carry on ....”

And how could you be mad at that punim anyway?

Shares of Inmate # P01135809’s Truth Social plummeted some 23% this week, wiping out the gains from its debut last week, after disclosing some $58 million in losses in 2023.

Say what? The billionaire isn’t a billionaire—his alleged net worth fell by more than $1 billion in a single day—and apparently not even a good businessman?

Color me shocked.

You can't set a Hallmark movie in the South because unexpected snow isn't magical down here. It's terrifying and always leads to grocery store fights. I know … I still have the bruises.

If you thought Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was a loon, take a gander at Nicole Shanahan, his choice as a running mate.

Shanahan has been a harsh critic of in vitro fertilization, calling it “one of the biggest lies that’s being told about women’s health today,” and has looked into no-cost interventions to help women conceive, such as exposure to sunlight.

Sunlight. This Third Party should be dubbed the Wack-a-Doodle Party.

Don’t know if this is true, but it would be perfect …

A wealthy white man walked into a bar in Miami. As soon as he entered, he noticed a Black woman sitting in one corner. He walked over to the counter, removed his wallet and shouted:

"Bartender! I'm buying drinks for everyone in this bar, except that Black woman over there!"

The bartender collected the money and began serving free drinks to everyone in the bar, except the Black woman but instead of becoming upset, she simply looked up at the guy and shouted:

"Thank you!"

This infuriated the wealthy guy. So once again, he took out his wallet and shouted,:

"Waiter! This time I am buying bottles of wine and additional food for everyone in this bar, except for that African sitting in the corner over there!"

The bartender collected the money from the man and began serving free food and wine to everyone in the bar except the Black woman. When the waiter finished serving the food and drinks, the woman simply smiled at the man and said:

Thank you!"

That made him furious. So he leaned over the counter and asked the bartender:

"What is wrong with that Black woman? I have bought food and drinks for everyone in this bar except for her, and instead of becoming angry, she just sits there, smiles at me and shouts 'Thank you.' Is she mad?"

The bartender smiled at the wealthy man and said:

"No, she is not mad. She owns the place.”

May our enemies work unknowingly in our favor.......

Okay Beyhive, come for me, but Beyoncé singing country is the most hilariously, thirsty desperate thing I’ve seen in a long while.

PS Of note is that Beyoncé rewrote some of the lyrics to Dolly Parton’s classic ‘Jolene’ so she could take a writing credit on the song.

Again, hilarious, thirsty desperate.

This week Wisconsin Governor, and Democrat, Tony Evers, vetoed a bill that would have banned transgender and gender nonconforming youth from participating on school athletic teams that align with their gender identity, saying:

“This type of legislation, and the harmful rhetoric beget by pursuing it, harms LGBTQ Wisconsinites’ and kids’ mental health, emboldens anti-LGBTQ harassment, bullying, and violence, and threatens the safety and dignity of LGBTQ Wisconsinites, especially our LGBTQ kids.”

For more of this kind of politics, CAST A GODDAMNED BLUE VOTE.

This is, clockwise from top left, Chris Chalk, Joe Mantello, Russell Tovey and Vito Schnabel from the recent fabulous FX series, Feud: Capote vs. The Swans. It’s not so much Would You Hit It, but more of a Which One Would You Hit?

33 comments:

  1. Another funny thing about Shanahan is that she's a billionaire, but only through marriage, and she's now divorced. And I'd hit Russell any day of the week, sadly I didn't like Feud, and so only watched the first 2 episodes. And don't get me started on Beyonce, or the fact that she has at least 20 other people helping her write a song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The VP is a loon so she fits perfectly into RFKs Looney Toons Vision!

      Delete
  2. Ha!
    OMG the way Carlos READS YOU for filth is priceless.
    Wisconsin is kind of a Purple state and I just can't with the whole Trans Terror bullshit.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fear-mongering; the ignorance of not knowing anything makes people fearful and easily manipulated into hatred!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I see that a nephew of a buddy of Putrid's has been shoring up Truth Social. It can't be because it will be a good investment.....unless you count political rather than financial reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And apparently a couple of the original investors stand accused of insider trading.
      So NOT surprising.

      Delete
  4. "She owns the place" hahahahaha! And bravo to Gov. Tony Evers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real or not, I love the story!

      Delete
  5. Anonymous12:11 PM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo always)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bar story! And out of that lineup, my favorite is Russell Tovey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russell's ears are getting a lot of attention these days apparently.

      Delete
  7. The nickname IQ45 is pretty spot on. But the idiots who bought the shares of Truth Social are even more stupid than that man. They all got what they deserved.
    Poor Carlos, as a recipient of a hairball in a shoe myself, he has my sympathy.
    The bar story made me laugh - I can so easily see a privileged white man not even thinking it possible that a black woman (or another person of color) could possibly own a business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAGAts and Hair Furor's ilk have no sense.

      Delete
  8. Carlos almost had the upper hand. Poor dear. Bravo to Governor Evers. Why do the cult members not get the hypocrisy of Melanie’s poor choice of meal ticket?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be-bouncy will do anything to remain 'shame-us'. Let's face it, she didn't want Lil Nas X to have that limelight alone. That said... oh, she stinks. So bad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Carlos and Tuxedo double feature is always a pleasure.
    None of this week's hit list is in my particular tastes.
    It seems to escape (deliberately maybe) that this whole country was caused by an immigrant infestation. It practically wiped out all of the native life found here for its own protocols. That's probably not the right word, but I'm slowly losing my word memory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of these rightwingnuts believe they come from immigrants; they all think they're 'Murrican.

      Delete
  11. No matter how old I get, sweetie bear will always be older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how it works out that way.

      Delete
  12. Can't take Beyonce doing country either. Nope. Jazz? maybe, but not country.

    That joke was priceless and a huge SNAP!!!!! I hope it is a true story too.

    And I am a little fond of Russel Tovey.....

    And good luck to Kennedy Jr. and Nicole Shanahan. They will be lucky to even MAKE IT to the runway.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot take Beyonce at all.
      RFKJr and Nicole are going to be the laughingstock of this race.

      Delete
  13. Ouch. Poor Carlos this week. Taken down in front of the accountant and then a blast from a past hairball. Sometimes I feel like I am in an elaborate prank because I am still amazed that people still get in line to buy anything from Don the Con.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, the accountant knows us well and gets our senses of humor!
      Never underestimate a con man and his marks, er, MAGAts.

      Delete
  14. I’ve always considered Beyonce just another talentless but somehow successful entertainer, but kept my opinion to myself because I didn’t want the Beyhive coming for me. I’ve never liked her voice. Like it even less doing this country thing. Hopefully, it's a phase and she'll move on soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as country music gives her an award and she can stroke her ego, this will become a thing of the past.

      Delete
  15. Sunlight? Where do these people get these nutty ideas?
    Has anyone tried to remind Trump that he and his children are the product of immigrants?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Family are descendants of WHITE immigrants; to them that makes them different, better.

      Delete
  16. Carlos must be an extremely tolerant guy to cope with you Bob. I guess it's all about ying and yang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is. But, he also gets my sarcasm and knows it's all in fun!

      Delete
  17. I'll go for the Chris and hope he fits the black stereotype of being an absolute animal.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......