Saturday, January 16, 2021

I Ain't One To Gossip But ...

The No Ring is a thing again. This week media whore Kim Kardastrophe went out and was photographed :::gasp::: without her wedding ring, signaling that maybe she and Krazy Kanye were finished.

Who cares, but … then Matt Damon was photographed without his wedding ring on for the second time in a week.

Matt has been married to Luciana Barroso  since 2005, but lately Matt has been hanging out in LA with BFF, and soon-to-be-divorced, Ben Affleck and photographed twice sans band. But is it a signal of divorce, or is it a signal that we’re in the middle of a pandemic and washing our hands a hundred times a day and sometimes we forget to put the band back on … ?

Here’s my take … Kim Kardastrophe is photographed without a ring so people will keep talking about her, while Matt gets photographed without his ring because he left it on the bathroom sink.

Media whore or human person.

photo

Khloé Kardastrophe is at it again.

After years of changing her face so she looks like Beyoncé or Mariah or, well, anyone but herself, she recently posted a new photo to Instagram where she looks almost exactly like … half-sister Kendall Jenner.

That’s Khloé-dall on the left and Kendall on the right. Now, I have no issue with anyone having a little Bo or a peel or a nip or a tuck, but when you change your face so completely that you look more like other people than yourself, maybe you need a rethink.

Of course, if you’re a Kardastrophe, it’s all about the attention, so …

photo

My BFF—mostly because she loathes GOOP as much as me—Martha Stewart recently got her COVID-19 vaccine, normally reserved for front line workers and essential-type people, and the internet tried to drag her saying she pushed her way to the front of the line.

It all started when Martha posted that picture to her Instagram account, saying that she was given the COVID vaccine in an inoculation pod at the Martha Stewart Center for Living at Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan. But … Martha didn’t use her wealth to skip the line, she used another number … her age.

Bitch is 79, so she got the shot and y’all can get off her jock.

Now, when Paltrow gets hers …

photo

Um, I may have spoken too soon before, and then had to retract, so I say this with a bit of hesitation … it appears to be over, again, for My-Husband-In-My-Head, Luke Evans and boyfriend Rafael Olarra. He told the UK Times:

“It is what it is.”

But he did not elaborate on the cause of the breakup, but again, if he needs some comfort, I’m here.

photo

I used to like Anne Hathaway, but somewhere about the time she campaigned and begged and pleaded for an Oscar because she say a song in Les Misérables, I kinda thought she was over,

But that was then, and this is now, and now she’s really over.

Hathaway appeared on The Tonight Show recently and told Jimmy Fallon to call her Annie, instead of Anne. But it wasn’t a ‘Hey, we’re friends, call me Annie,’ because Anne Hathaway says her name has always been Annie.

Anne, sorry gurl, said that when she first started acting at 14, she needed to confirm her name for her SAG membership, and went with “Anne Hathaway” because it’s the name listed on her birth certificate … meaning it’s her name. But she says that everyone calls her Annie and hearing folks say Anne is too formal and impersonal.

Too formal and impersonal? For the last twenty-four years? She then added that only her mother calls her Anne … um, because it’s the name she gave you … and that on film sets, people will call her anything but Anne, like Annie, Miss H, or Hath.

Oh Anne, you’re just so precious to have, at age 38, decided you want to be known as Annie. And that little orphan, and the one that got her gun, were here first.

Okurrrrrrr, Anne?

photo

Don’t mess with Lucy.

But Aaron Sorkin is apparently making a film about Lucy and Desi called Being the Ricardo’s. And in the running for Desi is Javier Bardem, and intalks to play Lucy is Nicole Kidman.

Nicole what? Social media went nuts because no one, and I mean no one,  should be playing Lucille Ball except that powerhouse actress, that multi-award-winning actress of stage and screen … and TV … Debra Messing.

Yes, from Will & Grace.

The film is set during one production week of I Love Lucy—Monday table read through Friday audience filming—when Lucy and Desi face a crisis that could end their careers and another that could end their marriage. Originally, Sorkin was simply going to write the script, but then Cate Blanchett thought she should be Lucy and he decided he wanted to direct. But then Cate was out, and Javier and Nicki K said they were interested.

I love me some Kidman, and Javier is kinda delicious, but as Lucy and Ricky?

Cue Debra Messing and the internet, where people wondered TVs second favorite redhead shouldn’t be playing TVs first famous redhead. Rumors swirled that Messing, whose career is en feugo … I kid … was not available, and Messing, who does love to Tweet, instantly replied:

“Oh no, I’m available.”

Except … again … Variety reported that Messing had stated she would not do it:

“Like 15 years ago people would say, ‘Hey, do you want to do like a made for TV movie or something?’ And I always felt like, ‘Oh, I would not even touch that. Like she is untouchable.’"

And now Messing says:

“Ummmmmm, I changed my mind.”

Sorry, Deb, no change-sies, and, um, yeah, Nicole? One other actress, Frances Fisher, joined the fray and Tweeted out this photo of herself:

Sorry other ladies whose names I have now forgotten. Looks like we’ve found our Lucy … though as I said at the top … Don’t mess with Lucy!

photo 1  

photo 2

18 comments:

  1. Martha Stewart is 79? Holy moly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your Matt point.

    And Martha does have the age, but I don't doubt that every time a covid virus sees her it's 'runaway! runaway!'

    Anne hasn't been doing too much acting lately, has she?

    Sorry, but Francis Fisher looks like Lucy in her 70's

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember watching 'I Love Lucy'
    as a kid a looooong time ago!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as he used to be, I cannot feel that Ben Affleck is a good example for anyone to follow.

    Like @TDM I used to see I love Lucy as a kid

    ReplyDelete
  5. can someone please off the kraptrashian/jenner klan once and for all?

    FEH to the rest of the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know, Debra Messing did a pretty good job of playing Lucy on that special episode of Will & Grace. Barden's face seems a little harsh for Desi, though. I do believe, however, that whoever plays her, it will all seem like a caricature. Let sleeping Ricardos lie.

    Some people would probably say Clint Eastwood shouldn't get a shot either. Celebrities should stay at the back of the line, no matter how old and decrepit they are. I do believe that those who pushed the Covid is a hoax thing, should hold off until everybody else gets theirs. Then again, these are probably the same maskless cretins who spread the disease, sooo...... Oh, screw it! Let 'em wait in cages until their turn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't see Nicole playing Lucy. She seems too cool and stoic for a role like that. But maybe she'll surprise me!

    Somehow I have managed to avoid most Kardashian-related news over the years. I just don't pay any attention to those people. I barely know who they are, and if one of them walked past me I might think WHO THE HELL WAS THAT but I wouldn't be able to name them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm. Lucy. I have always thought Debra was a shoe-in for Lucy. Frances Fisher looks like Lucy, after Desi... when she smoked, drank, and played cards a lot with her gay folk. That would make for a wonderful play, btw. Hmm. I like the sound of Sorkin's script. And Nicole? No, honey. No.

    Annie? I love her. I know she's out of favor, but she's done some really great work. So, I will always like her, no matter how pretentious she wants to be. She tries to hard to keep that common person vibe going, even though she Audrey Hepburn.

    Those two boy band hairs do not belong together. They look like a couple a few years too old to be going to a circuit part who go anyway and end up bickering the entire time.

    I love me some Martha. Man. Prison made her cool. And, yes, I can't believe anyone would accuse her of using her money to butt in line. That lady is too tight with the purse strings to waste money on such BS.

    Umm. Those two whores? Aren't they like 79 now, too? I wonder if they got their shots? Oh, I mean, as in penicillin, cuz those bitches are walking STD factories.

    Matt doesn't wear his ring when he's with Ben because Ben claims it is too rough on the shaft of his penis. Dunno... read that... somewhere... Hmmm.

    Thanks for all the gossip. LOVE IT. More, more, more. I was surprised you have not weighed in on the Sex In The City re-boot/re-start/resuscitation. I kind of want it to happen, but only if Kim is involved. Which she has refused, I know... but she was my favorite character. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A film about 'I Love Lucy' is so long overdue, the only surprise being that no one's attempted it before now. Now that it's on the way, one assumes, it's got my full attention. Watched them all on their first broadcast here going right back in the late 1950s. [I'm surprised to discover they started being televised in 1951]. If this film does get made and released theatrically it'll be quite a change to get back inside a cinema once more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:02 PM

    I believe Anne is the spelling for the royal version of Ann. Anne is my sister's given name. She was named after my grandmother, Anna. We learned growing up that addressing my sister as Annie would only get your head handed to you PDQ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Debra
    Bitch is older than Cher!!!

    @Dave
    But I think Frances could pull of I Love Lucy Lucy really well.

    @TDM and Hellen
    I still love I Love Lucy.

    @AM
    They're like cockroaches.

    @Deedles
    Let sleeping Ricardo's lie indeed!!!

    @Steve
    I think Nicole could do it; Messing would be more impersonation.
    And I have never seen an episode of anything Kardastrophe, but I still wish they'd go away!

    @upton
    Messing is caricature.
    I used to like Anne, but feel she has become very fond of herself.
    But Luke Evans revs my engine ... tall, built, British, gay!
    I, too, love Martha, especially since prison.
    I love your Matt theory, but he can do so much better than Affleck!
    As for SATC, there isn't one without Samantha and these other nearly senior citizens are all too desperate for coins. I imagine they'll one day do SATC: Retirement Home one day!

    @Raybeard
    I'd like to see a film about Lucy, as long as she isn't made a cartoonish character.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Anon
    Ha! Annie get your head!

    ReplyDelete
  13. With Messing - you lost me at 'powerhouse actress'. Maybe the tongue-in-cheek was inferred and I missed it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's Just Jake3:11 PM

    I love all the Red Heads, but I'm not sure Nicole can stretch her face the way Lucy did. Maybe the film will be from a Business Lucy perspective where she was a whole different fish, more Shark than Clown, she was the power then...

    I am tangentially(sp)related to the Ricardos I mean the Arnazes. A cousin of my dad was married to Marc Daniels who directed many episodes of Lucy's shows as well as Gunsmoke, Mission Impossible, and Star Trek.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Daniels

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just don't see Nicole Kidman as Lucy somehow. I don't get the feeling she can do funny/slapstick, but who knows. Now Javier Bardem - oh my God, he's way too sexy to be Ricky but definitely a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Blobby
    It was full-on sarcasm!

    @Jake
    I think Nicole could give the essence of Lucy, without being a cartoon version.

    @Traeders
    I see Danny Pino as Ricky ... Google him, he looks like Desi!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hadn't been a fan of Martha Stewart until she became a very outspoken not-a-fan of Gwyneth Paltrow. I can't believe she's 79.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Martha's age shows around the edges, but not in her attitude.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......