Thursday, April 02, 2020

Bobservations

Kent Taylor CEO of Texas Roadhouse, is giving up his base salary and incentive bonus so that those funds can be made available to assist front-line hourly restaurant employees.

Just sayin’, when this is all over, I may just have to find a Texas Roadhouse and have a bite to eat.
One of the first deaths of a Virginian from COVID-19 was Landon Spradlin, a Christian “musical evangelist” who shared a meme that compared virus deaths to swine flu deaths and that it was a plot against _____, writing:
“It will come and it will go.”
Not before you did, sir.
Billionaire David Geffen took to Instagram to say he is self-isolating during the pandemic and wants y’all to know that he’s safe … on his $590 million yacht:
“Sunset last night … isolated in the Grenadines avoiding the virus. I’m hoping everybody is staying safe.”
To be fair, Geffen’s foundation is a major contributor to LGBTQ rights groups, health clinics, and charities for the homeless in L.A., but, c’mon man, did you have to prove yourself so out of touch?
The Empire State Building debuted a flashing red and white light display, and lit up red, Monday night, an effect intended to represent America’s heartbeat, according to the building's Twitter account:
We’ll never stop shining for you. 
Kinda breaks my heart a little.
Well, now we know, and in November we need to make sure _____ knows we know.

Way back on February 5, _____ administration officials rejected an offer of emergency coronavirus funding from Congress. In that meeting was Democratic Senator from Connecticut, Chris Murphy, who Tweeted that day:


They knew in February; were warned in February; and they did nothing.

November is coming 
Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross is working from his estate in Florida, while the _____ administration tries to limit the economic fallout from the coronavirus outbreak.

Ross said in January the pandemic could be good for U.S. jobs and manufacturing, arguing it might give businesses “another thing to consider when they go through their review of their supply chain.”

Wilbur Ross is a fuckmonkey.
Great news …  Christopher Meloni is bringing his Law & Order: SVU character Elliot Stabler for a new  upcoming NBC crime drama series. Like SVU, Meloni’s series will also be set in New York, centering on “the NYPD organized crime unit led by Stabler.”

I was hoping it would be set in Scotland so we could get Meloni in a kilt.

Life Tabernacle Church was packed for services on Tuesday night after its pastor, Mark Anthony Spell, was charged with six misdemeanor counts of disobeying the powers of the governor for defying the state’s ban on public gatherings amid the coronavirus crisis; he said:
“We have a mandate from the word of God. … We have a mandate from God to praise God in his sanctuary. This is the sanctuary.”
Perhaps COVID-19 is God’s way of thinning the religious wingnut herd?
And now, even though we had Scottish beef[cake] earlier, I need a little more of a palette cleanser, in model David Taylor.


He gets my motor running …floats my boat …tightens my screws …lights my fire … maybe I’ve been cooped up too long.


Still …

20 comments:

  1. Chris Meloni's post "Law and Order:SVU" career went nowhere fast, so I'm not surprised he's back reprising his old role in a new series. Hey, we all gotta eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it immoral to hope that lil' ole Wilbur catches corona flu? Couldn't happen to a nicer guy - don't forget that he was on the board of a Cyprus bank that was playing Putrid's games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wilbur is such a ghoul. Barf.
    And anybody who downplayed or denied COVID19 was a danger gets no pity. Nope.
    Any CEO who puts his employees first: hats off. David Geffen can fuck right off. Ugh
    We all know that IMPOTUS or this administration did squat in January when they could because ‘numbers’. But Her Emails. Amiright?

    Chris Meloni any time, anywhere, anyhow. That’s the comment. Yep.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. November can't come soon enough!
    otoh it was 29 here this morning...
    stay safe, stay well,
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've gor one mega-church here, and a few small ones, where the pastors are claiming the same bullshit ... and being arrested and fined. It would please me more if they ended up like that "singing pastor" from Virginia.

    Meloni back as Stabler? I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Argh, funda-Mentalists. Is this god’s message to them for being so hateful and ignorant? Kent Taylor: Good man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Texas Roadhouse one of my favorite eateries. Yay for Kent Taylor!
    David Geffen- tone deaf, how ironic.
    David Taylor, my palette has been thoroughly cleansed, waxed and buffed!
    Thank you dear Bobulah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was talking with mother Nature. I believe Wilbur Ross's name is on her list.

    And David Geffen, company does ALOT for the LGBTQ...but him personally I have always loathed. I only wonder if he is having boys shipped to the yacht now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Helen...again I love you!!!! We can only hope right, I mean ole"Wilbur is just the ripe age.

    ReplyDelete
  10. don't know if we have any texas roadhouses round here. the tweets are good. all religious freaks must die!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Helen and Mistress too. I'm already hell-bound so moral schmoral (insert dismissive handwave), add it to my list!

    I'd suggest letting the churchers gather as often as they like and let Nature have her way with them, but the collateral losses would be too awful.
    Unless they go in, then never let them out... just thinkin' out loud here...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed reading this post. The silver lining in this tragedy is that this is what might put the kibosh on Trump's reelection.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Debra
    We saw him in several different shows, all really good.i don't think he was hurting for work.

    @Helen
    No.

    @Six
    Me.You.Same.page.

    @TDM
    I wanna vote now!

    @whkattk
    I think if you wanna gather when you're told not to gather and you get sick, well, that falls under, "Should'a listened."

    @Mitch
    Those Faux Christians should get what they deserve.

    @DeeDahLahDiDah
    Yes, David Taylor gets me ...

    @MM
    Geffen just proved how out of touch he is.

    @AM
    I don't know if we have 'em here, but I'll be looking.

    @Jake
    I think we all can agree about Wilburrrrrrrrr.

    @Micahel
    Here's hoping ....

    ReplyDelete
  14. In case you didn't know, Mark Anthony is one of those dumb shits photographed in the Oval Office turning the Idiot jerk into a messiah.

    Meloni… ah, I remember him well.

    On the Chris Murphy Tweet - Nancy's starting an investigation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have students who look like David Taylor. Just an observation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anne Jackson is a lucky bi....uh lady! I had teachers who looked like Kent Taylor and Wilberrrrr Ross! Probably why I got good grades, no distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Dave R
    And Nancy's investigation will get no traction because the GOP will cover it all up. Their trying that now.

    @Anne
    I might audit your classes when school starts back up, said the pervy guy withthe blog!

    @DeeDahLahDiDah
    Wilburrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete

  18. Oh, Bob. So many folks out of touch in your Bobservations today I find I must take to my bed with the vapors. Seriously David Geffen, self isolating on your yacht?
    When all is said and done, my friend Bob, we will get to the bottom of who knew what when about Covid-19...if we're alive to watch it on MSNBC.
    By the way, I lay everything wrong already at the feet of Mitch McConnell and the rest of the Republican Senators who voted against impeachment.
    Dear Susan Collins, how concerned are you right about now?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beefcake, proves you are still alive.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Sheila
    I'm with you on Moscow Mitch!

    @Travel
    Yes it does!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......