Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Architecture Wednesday: Wooden Lake House On Stilts

I like the idea of a lake house; someplace cozy and quaint and not at all like this place. But then why do I want this one?

This is the 2Y House in Colico, Chile, and it puts a new spin on lake homes with its unique shape, its interesting layout, the way it hugs the hillside, the materials used to build it, and because it’s also environmentally friendly.

Approaching the house, you’ll notice it’s built on stilts to keep the floor level despite being built on the side of a hill; it almost looks like a treehouse at one end. Inside, it’s glass and wood, and light and shadow, and levels and angles.

It’s not your mama’s lake house!

And that’s another reason to love it.

6 comments:

  1. Oh norman.....you old poof.

    I don't like the under construction feel to the interior, but do like the layout and the creative window pane design in the glass. But the setting is certainly breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The aerial view looks like a private plane crash. The interior looks like it is still under construction. To each his own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The views are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! View, wood, trees, lake. All my favorites, BUT the shadows of the windows would give me such incredible vertigo, I would be tossing cookies all day long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me this is one of those: great locations, fascinating designs, nice views, but it just doesn't work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with @Toni on the feelings of vertigo and I don't suffer from that malady

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......