Thursday, September 10, 2015

Random Musings

I loved, well, love, cuz I still do, Joan Rivers, and Carlos and I would watch The Fashion Police just for her. After her death, when the show came back with Kathy Griffin for about a half-second, it was so not funny, so not the same, and we gave up.

Now the show is back again, and, well, because I like to give things a second, hell, a third, chance, I watched it and I’m here to say that if they continue to keep Margaret Cho on as a critic comic commentator, I’ll be watching.

A Cho-ism: “I don’t get all the gray balls on that dress. The last time I saw that many gray balls I was teabagging Ted Danson and Dick Cheney.”

Gold. Pure Gold, and Joan is probably loving it.

The Kim Davis Is Free rally last Tuesday was notable for thing and one thing only: the Huckabee camp literally blocking Ted Cruz from getting near Davis so that the only pictures released were of Certifiable Loon™ Mike Huckabee at her side.

The last time I saw such blatant shoving in an attempt to make sure you were the star of the event was back in 83, at the 25th Motown Anniversary show when, according to Mary Wilson and witnesses, Diana Ross ALLEGEDLY pushed her former singing partner onstage.

Anthony Fasano is a football player. I know, because I Googled him; and he’s kinda hot, you know, in that brutish He-Man sort of way, but what I found most compelling is the view from the rear of Fasano that I saw at BosGuy the other day.

Had I known that this was football, I might have been watching it.
Just sayin’.

Landon Patterson is a typical high school senior in the Kansas City, Missouri area. She’s in the choir, in student government and the leadership program; she works part-time at a beauty supply store, is a volleyball player and a school cheerleader. This week she was nominated to be homecoming queen at Oak Park High School.

She is also transgender.

Fabulous! The times they are a’changing.

The other night I watched Bravo’s Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen because the powerful Martha Stewart was a guest. Martha used to be so uptight and so full of herself and her role as lifestyle guru, but, since prison, she’s been able to laugh at herself more … like last night when she read a list of ingredients after taking several hits of helium. Funny stuff, Martha on Helium.

But this isn’t about that, it’s about the Guest bartender on the show, one DJ Ruckus.

Man Oh Man Candy. I don’t know who he is, but that man has one delicious smile.
[1.2.3]

Apple unveiled a new TV this week that you can talk to; you simply ask it to search for a program ort an actor and it will do it. I thought it was a good idea, you know, being too lazy to manually search for anything, until Carlos said:
“I’d ask it: ‘Search for Project Runway,’ and it would respond, ‘Did you say National Geographic?’”
His accent isn’t that bad, but I can foresee all kinds of problems with Carlos talking to the TV.

Now, onto [t]Rump.

This week it was revealed that in his upcoming biography — of which he had total control, of course — he actually says that being in military school was similar to serving in the military.

Yeah, like how when my Dad was sent to Vietnam back in the day is just like spoiled brat Baby Boy [t]Rump taking a math test at school.

What an ass.


7 comments:

  1. The Engineer will have to refrain from addressing the TV as 'piece of sh*t' when what he wants does not happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch football very often, but maybe they've changed the uniforms lately? If so, and with my new HD wide screen, I might start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I give you kudo's for watching Andy Cohen's show Live? For some reason he works my last gay nerve, I have no idea why. And Couldn't agree more with the football. Is this something new????

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MM I watched for Martha because, yeah, Andy can get really annoying.
    And if that's football, I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that tweet of the week! (Oh, and those hind quarters.)

    Poor Carlos. My cousin speaks with a pure "street" NYC accent. She texts me while she's driving using voice recognition. I usually have no clue what's she really meant to say. The system clearly doesn't understand her accent. She bought the car in Miami. Maybe she should have bought it in Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how these far right politicians can hold their heads up when the issue of their failure to serve in the military, despite their keenness to send others to die, comes up. Very few of them seem to have actually served. If he'd been living in the US during the draft Cruz probably would have played the 'I'm Canadian' card!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......