Friday, September 25, 2015

I Didn't Say It ...

Barack Obama, on the GOP's anti-immigration stance:

“This whole anti-immigrant sentiment that’s out there in our politics right now is contrary to who we are. Because unless you are a Native American, your family came from someplace else. Don’t pretend that somehow 100 years ago the immigration process was all smooth and strict. That’s not how it worked. When I hear folks talking as if somehow these kids are different from my kids or less worthy in the eyes of God, that somehow they are less worthy of our respect and consideration and care, I think that’s un-American.”

Remember that we are a country of immigrants, always.
And I like that Obama is speaking his mind; as someone said on Facebook, "He has no more f**ks left to give."
Simon Dunn, openly gay Aussie bobsledder — and doesn't that sound hot — -on getting married one day:

“One day I would like to meet the right guy, settle down and have kids. But I will only do this when I can get married in front of friends and family in my home country. If I can represent that country in sport I should be able to marry the person I love. I can’t believe that now the US has passed same-sex marriage, my country still hasn’t caught up with the rest of the world, which makes me angry. The law needs to be changed as soon as possible, otherwise we’ll look as bad as other countries who treat gay people like second class citizens.”

The march goes on … even Down Under.
Gloria Steinem, on Carly Fiorina:

“Trump’s greatest damage to women was to raise sympathy for Carly Fiorina by attacking her appearance. What she said about Planned Parenthood was a 100% lie — as fact-checkers have pointed out — and she accused Hillary Clinton of lying when she was in fact telling the truth. If you thought Republicans could find no woman more damaging to the diversity and needs of the female half of this country than Sarah Palin, take a good look at Carly Fiorina and what she stands for.”

Mic drop.
Grace Jones, on Lady Gaga: 

“She is obsessed! She’s been trying to get me to work with her forever. She’s even gone to my brother in L.A. to get him to try and talk me into it … I basically said: ‘Bring me something. Don’t just take something from me. If you want me to work with you, then come with an idea. Come with music. Dazzle me.’ People said, ‘Do you know how much money you can make working with her, collaborating with her?’ It’s never been about the money. And the fame, believe me, it’s a double-edged sword.”

Don’t do it, Grace, because, as we saw with Gaga’s collaboration with tony Bennett, while it was lovely, it was all about Gaga.
Finn Wittrock, on homoerotica on this new season American Horror Story: Hotel: 

“There’s a little homoerotica. My character’s not gay, but he does what he’s got to do to get by. That entails a few things.”

Finn was the Hottie McHot last year on Freak Show, so yeah, Finn, bring it.

6 comments:

  1. OMB, HAWT BOBSLEDDER!

    GO BARACK GO; you ain't got nothing to lose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the first season of Freak Show and then got distracted by something shiny. I'm going to have to start watching again.

    Yeah to Mr.President (and his lack of f*ucks) and to Ms. Steinem, whom I've always looked up to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock On Mr. President. I'm so Ready for #AHS Hotel. Grace Jones knows what she's talking about. She's a trailblazer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait until Obama writes his memoirs. I am certain he will be able to tell the world of the horrible injustices and brick walls he constantly had to deal with. HE'S SO HANDSOME IN THAT PICTURE! LOVE HIS SMILE!!

    And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gloria Steinem. She truly is a personal hero of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can a woman who drove the company she ran into the ground be a trailblazer for women? We should be ashamed that in 2015 looks still matter when we're talking politics....or anything else. We should elect our politicians for what they've done and what they propose to do, not how they look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Grace, hold your ground and don't give in to the Gaga Steamroller.

    President Obama will be hailed as one of the best, right next to Lincoln, FDR and Washington-who was basically making it all up as he went along.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......