Friday, May 19, 2023

I Didn't Say It

Chasten Buttigieg, husband of Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, describing his struggles growing up gay in a small town:

“When I was growing up in conservative rural Michigan, I thought I was the only gay person in the world. I thought something was twisted and wrong with me. I thought something in my DNA was compromised, and I spent 18 years of my life hating this fact about me [but] when you embrace the qualities about yourself that make you weird or make you different or make you feel like you stand out from the crowd, you start to see what actually makes you truly powerful and unique and beautiful. [You see] you’re not defined by the opinions of other people.”

You make yourself; other people don’t get to create you and put you in a box of their making. You make yourself, and once you learn that, and become all right with yourself and who you are, the rest of the world falls away.

photo

Marjorie Taylor Greene, racist and traitor to America, telling reporters that at a recent New York City protest rally against Thing 45, Democrat Congressman Jamaal Bowman was “shouting at the top of his lungs, cursing, calling me a horrible—calling me a white supremacist;”

“That is like calling a person of color the N word which should never happen. Calling me a white supremacist is equal to that and that is wrong. I think there’s a lot of concern about Jamaal Bowman, so and I am concerned about, I feel threatened by him. He not only let a mob there, but his boisterous lies. I am very concerned about Jamaal Bowman, and he’s someone that people should watch.”

Hey Marge, being called a white supremacist only bothers you because it’s true. And, just so you know, it is nothing like using the n-word. Nothing. You’re offended because it was a person of color who called you a white supremacist because he sees you, and hears your words, and knows what they mean.

So it might be better if you simply STFU.

photo

Jamaal Bowman, New York Democrat Congressman, responding to that attack from Large Marge, which many are calling racist:

“Marjorie Taylor Greene at her press conference this morning said something incredibly dangerous and incredibly reckless about me, talking about my demeanor as being ‘aggressive’ and saying that she feels ‘intimidated’ by me. Unfortunately, this country has a history of characterizing Black men who are outspoken, who stand their ground, and who push back as being threatening or intimidating. This is the same reason why Mike Brown was killed. This is one of the reasons why Emmett Till was killed. And throughout history Black men have continued to be characterized as aggressive because … one because of our skin color, but two because we happen to be outspoken and passionate about certain issues. It’s reckless and dangerous what she said, Okay, characterizing me in my interaction with her yesterday. I never invaded her personal space. I was laughing and gregarious the entire time. How was that intimidating? What was intimidating about that? So she goes to a press conference today and says that she’s intimidated by me and my mannerisms are aggressive. Anyone who’s interacted with me, anyone knows me, even reported this, you know, I’m middle school principal energy, always loving and engaging and friendly, except when kids [are] killed in our streets. Everyone should be outraged about that. But she knows what she’s doing when she does that, and unfortunately white supremacists historically, this is what they do. They try to dehumanize Black people, black skin and black humanity so that they could be you know, more likely to be targeted for harm.”

Snap.

photo

Brian Kemp, Georgia’s GOP governor, urging Republican leaders to set aside Thing 45’s obsession with the Big Lie:

“Not a single swing voter in a single swing state will vote for our nominee if they choose to talk about the 2020 election being stolen. To voters trying to pay their rent, make their car payment or put their kids through college, 2020 is ancient history, [and voters] couldn’t care less about anyone’s sour grapes.”

Oh but you’re wrong, Bri … one person cares and he’s going to continue to make it an issue unless the rest of the party shuts him down.

And, sadly, the GOP has no balls so …

photo

Kellyanne Conway, Cryptkeeper for Thing 45, on Fox, explaining why the GOP will lose election after election:

“The Republican Party cannot wait for the young to get old and the single to get married to find new voters. We can’t be beaten on this, policy-wise. I think that we have already won the policy arguments on the economy, education, on several issues. I think we’ve got some work to do on the young people who think differently on abortion, perhaps, or guns or climate change. But even there, the Democrats’ messages are usually cynical. The thing I’m really concerned about on this is that the left becomes a turnout machine with young people. Influencers have this domino effect, the lemming-like effect of people just all wanting to be part of the same crowd. And if they succeed that way, we are not doing a good job competing for ballots; we’re just competing for votes…We need to compete for ballots, not just voters and not just minds.”

She says what we all know: that young people ... whom she thinks are ignorant lemmings ...  will vote against the GOP until they get married and get old. What poor Kellyanne forgets is that there will always be young people voting, so maybe rethink your policies and try collaborating with women and minorities and the LGBTQ+ community and immigrants and such.

Try doing something.

photo

25 comments:

  1. We need more Chasten Buttigieg and Jamaal Bowman. Kemp is a day late and a dollar short. Greene and Conway should both STFU and withdraw from public life. I'm sure their bunkers are waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kemp is probably trying to make a play for running in 2028 but the GOP will still be MAGAts and racists then, too.

      Delete
  2. MTG is a white supremacist through and through. Ugly. Real ugly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I love her playing the victim after spewing her racist filth.

      Delete
  3. Chasten nails it: MAGAts and conservatives do NOT want LGBTQ kids to know that they are not alone. They want them isolated and desperate, hence their bans on books, or historic facts or help for Trans kids or... Drag performers. They do NOT like the educated.
    And Jamaal is showing Large Marge as a modern day Carolyn Bryant Donham. She KNOWS what she's doing. And she IS a white supremacist.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Chasten and Jamaal are spot on. The GOP lives in the last century while the rest of us are here trying to move forward.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11:00 AM

    TDM
    (Chasten Buttigieg, Jamaal Bowman)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As an old person perhaps I can mention that I, clearly unlike Kelly Anne Conjob, am concerned about abortion rights, climate change, guns, affordable/social housing. On every issue I would imagine I am the polar opposite of KAC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's just pissed because her party is dying and not because young people don't vote for them, but because they refuse to live in the present.

      Delete
  6. Between Marjorie Taylor green, and Kellyanne Conway they may have almost half a brain between them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MTG would be amusing if she wasn't so freaking stupid.
    As for Kellyanne...she has little to talk about as a prime lemming for IQ45.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Large Marge spews such hate but when you speak out against her she plays victim.
      Kellyanne's fifteen minutes of lies are over.

      Delete
  8. Re Kelly Cuckoo - Gen Z loves Democrats because Democrats understand them a lot more than Republicans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the Democrats aren't moving backwards.

      Delete
  9. Wise words from Chasten and Jamaal. It would be really great if the media used their soundbites instead of Large Marge and the Cryptkeeper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live in a conservative shithole, so I keep my bi status a secret to most

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they wouldn't understand, sadly.

      Delete
  11. I watched MTG act like the white trash she is hectoring Rep. Bowman yesterday and his response was kind and measured today when answering her attack on him today! The sad thing about her (ok, one of the sad things) is that she really does represent the mentality of the folks in her district which is over 70 white and voted overwhelmingly for TFG against Clinton and Biden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She shrieks and then plays the victim when someone calmly calls her out.
      But, sorry Large Marge, that's how White Supremacists act.

      Delete
  12. The cryptkeeper, knows they have a problem, just not what the solution is, change the values, not the voter. Can I be a an influencer in the next election and have 100 like minded people follow my lead to the polls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're trying to fix the problem, not themselves.
      Please use your influence!!!

      Delete
  13. Yeah, MTG playing the "scary black man" card is pretty appalling. The sad thing is, it will probably resonate with many of her voters back in Georgia.

    Hey, I'm a married old guy and I vote Democrat! So THERE, Kellyanne! (Yeah, OK, I'm gay, but still...)

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......