Thursday, May 11, 2023

Bobservations

Y’all know by now that Carlos and I love us some Jeopardy, and I am constantly stunned by the severe lack of knowledge some people have; it scares me for the future of the world that last week two out of three contestants could not answer a simple question about ::: gulp::: The Golden Girls in a category called Everything’s Coming Up Rose:

“In 1986 she won an Emmy for playing Rose Nylund on The Golden Girls.”

Naturally, Carlos and I shrieked:

“BETTY WHITE!!!”

The first guy answered:

“Who’s McClanahan?”

And then Carlos and I screamed:

“BETTY WHITE!!!!”

The second guy, a self-professed homosexual who was subsequently asked to turn in his Gay Card, said:

“Who is Bea Arthur?”

And we screamed and threw our shoes at the TV:

“IT'S BETTY FUCKING WHIIIIIIIIIITE!!!!!!!”

The third contestant did not offer an answer but gets no props for not knowing that it was FUCKING BETTTY WHITE!!!!

It took me several hours to calm down.

Carlos is still annoyed.

This is a post from August 2009 and is Tuxedo through and through:

“Sunday Morning Tuxedo.”

Again, I was constantly amazed at how he would decide to sprawl out on a rug or chair or windowsill. He was all about comfort.

On the PBS show, Finding Your Roots, Henry Gates traced the ancestry of famous people. Every week is an interesting show, but one time he featured actor Tamera Mowry. Mowry is biracial—her mother is Black, her father is white—and learned that on her mother’s side, her family were slaves in the Bahamas and then in America.

But on her father’s side she was told her ancestors originally lived in England and were victims of religious persecution until they fled to the US aboard a little ship called the Mayflower. Mowry let all that sink in and then held her left hand UP, saying:

“This side of my family started this whole thing, and then … [she held up her right hand] … they enslaved this side of my family.”

What an amazing perspective on her ancestry.

It's a fascinating show if you aren’t watching.

It’s official, Thing 45 has been found guilty of the sexual abuse and defamation of E Jean Carroll and ordered to pay her $5 million.

I wonder how the MAGAts will feel paying this bill for him.

Ah, Murphy's Law ... Last Sunday was a housekeeping and yard cleaning kind of day; lawns mowed, hedges trimmed, laundry done and the oven cleaned. I tackled the lawn first and it went bad quickly. The week prior Carlos had been pulling these invasive vines out of some trees in the side yard. He would then take the vine and roll it up like an electrical cord and tie it up in a bundle and toss it on the ground with some leaves. I didn't know he'd left them there, under the leaves, and so I ran the mower over the leaves to mulch them, but one of the coiled vines wrapped itself around the mower blade and jerked the whole machine to a standstill. 

We tried to get the vines off to no avail, and then called a lawn mower service to fix the problem and do the routine maintenance on the mower. To the tune of some $400. Ah, well, we learned a lesson to not tie up vines into little bundles and to not run the riding mower over a pile of leaves because we don’t know what’s under it.

Next, I'm back in the house setting the oven to clean; a three-hour process which means the oven and stove are unusable until about 3PM. I wanted to grill salmon and do it up with all kinds of veggies and serve it over rice, so I set about prepping the dinner. I sliced onion, poblano pepper, mushrooms, fresh ginger, garlic, carrots, celery, broccoli, scallions and fresh cilantro. 

After the oven was cleaned, and wiped out, I decided to start dinner and took the prepped veggies out and set them on the counter. I then thought, to keep it light and fresh, I’d drizzled a little Rice Wine vinegar over the veggies when they were sautéing so I grabbed the bottle of vinegar off the top shelf. It slid out of my hand and landed on the plate of prepared veggies, shattering the plate and sending veggies sailing all over the kitchen.

Oy, the curse words that rained through the house as I cleaned up the mess and then meticulously set about slicing more veggies for my dinner.

At least it tasted good; I think. I was still kinda seeing red at my clumsiness.

First Thing 45 and now this … federal prosecutors have filed criminal charges against New York Representative George Harrison Takei Lucas Michael Orwell Kitara Ravache Pinocchio Santos whose blatant lies about every single facet of his life stunned everyone … except Republicans who honor liars.

He has been indicted on 13 counts, including seven counts of wire fraud, three counts of money laundering, one count of theft of public funds, and two counts of making materially false statements to the House of Representatives.

And he swears … foot stomp, head snap, hands on hips … he’s innocent.

Federal prosecutors investigating Thing 45’s handling mishandling of classified documents have obtained the confidential cooperation of a person who has worked for him at Mar-a-Lago, part of an intensifying effort to determine whether Thing 45 ordered boxes containing sensitive material moved out of a storage room there as the government sought to recover it last year. The name of the confidential informant is not being released but I have an idea …

Italian actor Stefano Gianino is famous for his role as Niccoló in The White Lotus. Where he showed off all his goods. But this isn’t about that, it’s … Would You Hit It?

41 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:35 AM

    (Carlos) (Tuxedo forever)
    Bob! mowing and cooking adventures
    much ak-ness (and a bit of chortling...)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a Sunday around here!
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I remember the Betty White incident on Jeopardy. Hubby and I were both flabbergasted! On the other hand, the writers are coming up with some very obscure, esoteric, "clues" that neither the contestants nor I can decipher. And I assume they are much smarter than me, as they are on Jeopardy and I am not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the clues have a hint to the answer in them and, you're right, some are so far off that I have literally no clue.

      Delete
  3. As for things going wrong...welcome to my world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, a Murphy's Law day is not a good one, but at least it has passed.

      Delete
  4. is it just me, or does Sarah look like a younger Caitlyn Jenner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's got a head shaped like Frankenstein. Square!

      Delete
  5. Butter fingers and Betty White. What a life you and Carlos live. Oh, and I would thing you could have bought a new mowere for what it cost to unjam the one you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always something around here.
      Well, the mower could not be unjammed, but it only cost $360, which is far less than a new riding mower. And it only took a couple of days so I can go back to mowing, and checking for vines, this weekend.

      Delete
  6. Your tweet is DESERVEDLY Tweet of the Week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faux Christian Poisonous Huckster should be held up across the world as a woman who is responsible for 9 year olds who can now work 50 hours a week in Arkansas. I don't know what the legal maximum is in the US but in the UK for adults it's 36 hours per week. Which just goes to show how "Christian" the huckster is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Bobby (whom I got microchipped this morning) often sleeps in that very same position as the much-missed dear old Tux is exhibiting here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He loved sleeping on his back and then watching you from that same position.

      Delete
  9. OMG How DARE they?? It's Betty fucking White!
    And you know that cow has no idea of how to dress or be stylish. She's as ugly as her soul. If a Gay gets close to her, they'll melt.
    And I am still cackling at the mower and the plate. Same here, babes. Same here.
    As for Stefano, my number is 555-555-5555. Thanks!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have asked that the gay contestant turn in his card, his copy of The Gay Agenda and his Coming Out Toaster Oven; it's a disgrace!
      Sunday was not Funday at Casa Bob y Carlos, though we can laugh now.
      xoxo

      Delete
  10. I still can not believe with all the court cases Trump is found guilty....how is it possible he still walks free???? He has even said stuff from his own mouth for christ sake!!!!! It is infuriating .And with Santos....though I suspect he'll be gone soon. Even some Republicans want him gone.

    And I also didn't think it was possible there was anyone left that didn't know Golden Girls or Betty White!?!?!?!

    I love you....its nice too know i have back up on Huckabee Saunders. But she does potato sack couture so well with what....that frumpy dumpy body...turkey like neck and and knobby chicken knob knees. Just a same she didn't do something with that hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we've still got the J6 hearings and the Georgia hearings and I think one other--it's hard to keep up with criminals these days--so maybe one of them will throw his fat ass in jail.
      Poor Huckleberry; to think she stood in front of a mirror and saw herself in that drag and said, 'Yeah, this one!' Her staff must hate her since they let her go outside,

      Delete
  11. krayolakris12:04 PM

    I’d like to see Drumpf sharing a jail cell with Satanos. Oh, the potato sack couture, lovely, as befits the wearer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be Cellblock Fabulous!

      Delete
  12. And then CNN gives the Orange Asshole 90 minutes of air time. Creezus Jhist! You and Carlos learned some expensive lessons. Had your accident happened in our kitchen, we would have gone out to dinner. You're a better man than ... we. I watched White Lotus and had already decided to hit Stefano. I'm still waiting. Speaking of hitting, someone please slap Sarah Huckleberry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thought of going out didn't cross my mind; I already had salmon seasons and ready, and rice cooking so ... start over!!!
      CNN disgraced themselves; and they used mostly, or only, Republicans in the audience. Sad,
      Huckleberry deserves a smack.

      Delete
  13. I was shocked that they didn't know the Betty White answer either! It seemed so easy to me--but then I watched the show and am at the age where I would know. I do watch Finding Your Roots; I wish he would help me out with a few branches of my tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to go on Finding Your Roots but alas I'm only famous in my head!

      Delete
  14. I wonder what Sarah Huckabee Sanders was singing?
    Poh tay toe Poh tay toe Poh tay toe Poh--
    Tay toe poh Tay toe poh Tay toe poh Tay--
    Toe poh tay Toe poh tay Toe poh tay Toe--
    Poh tay toe Poh tay toe Poh tay toe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to think what's rattling around inside her empty head!

      Delete
    2. Her best asset is that she isn't Trump.

      Delete
    3. She's pretty close, though.

      Delete
  15. Santos is toast. I wouldn't be surprised if Melania dropping her name as the possible mole because she couldn't get the pre-nup adjusted in case he goes to jail. And how old were those contestants on Jeopardy? You have to remember that both you and Carlos are of a certain age and life style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of Melanie giving up her husband's secrets.
      As for Jeopardy and The Golden Girls, that show has been on in reruns for thirty years so people should know, especially The Gays.

      Delete
  16. I loved Betty White as Rose, especially when she told her stories about the people from Minnesota. I swear she could have been talking about people from my hometown.
    My Saku sprawls like Tuxedo - especially when the fan is on. I assume it feels good.
    As for Sarah, I hadn't even read the tweet and thought, what the hell is she wearing, and why? Your response is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear Hucklebrry's staff must hate her because they let her go outside like that!!
      And I think we've all known a Rose, or even been a Rose, in our lifetimes!

      Delete
  17. Y'all ain't alone when it comes to being aghast at the level of ignorance about not only popular culture, but simple general knowledge! I have no idea what y'all sound like IRL, but I can hear/see y'all yelling at the screen! Your Thursday posts are always spot-on, sweetpea! Re TFG, my money is on Melaloma, too! I have no (kind) words for Sarah Sadsack.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one learns anything any more because they just look at their phones.
      I think Melanie is trying to angle for a nice settlement when she finally divorces that rapist.
      As for Huckleberry. Pfffft.
      xoxo

      Delete
  18. For a moment I thought she was a drag queen - a bad one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't wanna defame drag queens by putting her in their category.

      Delete
  19. Anonymous1:20 AM

    Please be fair to the Arkansas governor. George Santos told her that her hair, makeup, and the outfit were good.

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if she listens to Santos she deserves what she gets ! 😁

      Delete
  20. We would have aced the Golden Girls category. I was thinking insulting things about the cow in the blue dress, but decided to be kind.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......