Thursday, March 17, 2022

Bobservations

Well, I’m blogging from the hospital this week, but don’t worry, the doctor says I’m gonna be just fine.

But be advised, the Dyson Ball Cleaner has a very deceiving name.

Carlos is part of a DHEC [South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental] group working with the Hispanic community in regard to healthcare. His team is part of a larger convention and will be having a panel discussion in May. In the lead up to the event, several people have been interviewing Carlos about his thoughts and ideas, and the other day we have this discussion:

“I have another Zoom interview tomorrow at 10AM. I really should start charging them.”

“Why would they pay you to talk to you?”

“They pay Bill Clinton. They pay Barack Obama.”

“They don’t pay Bill Obama.”

“Who’s Bill Obama?”

“Exactly.”

Took him a minute.

I’m fairly certain he gets it from me because I have been known to have that same look on my face from time to time.

SIDENOTE: After many months of not being able to sleep with his two Dads because the bed is too high and he can’t jump up, and I don’t like him jumping down from it lest he hurt his legs, we put an old step stool beside the bed and Tuxedo climbed right up and onto the bed. I woke up this morning, sleeping on my left side with Tuxedo sleeping on top of my right side, and one of his paws resting on my cheek.

Heaven.

Ginni Thomas, the QAnon wingnut wife of sexual harasser and Supreme Court Justice, Clarence Thomas, now admits she attended the January 6 rally but left before Thing 45 spoke and before her brethren attacked the Capitol because she got cold.

Fucking snowflake. But she also wants to make it clear that she “played no role [in the attack] … There are stories in the press suggesting I paid or arranged for buses. I did not. There are other stories saying I mediated feuding factions of leaders for that day. I did not.”

Funny, Ginni, if you’re so innocent, why it did it take you over a year to say one damned word?

In the words of our Immortal Anne Marie: FOAD.

Dejah Bennet, a 22-year-old mother is dead after being shot in an Illinois grocery store parking lot.

She was accidentally shot and killed when her 3-year-old boy got hold of a gun in the back seat of his parent’s car and it discharged, hitting his mother in the neck. The boy’s father, also present at the time, is in custody as police determine whether there are any charges to be filed against him.

Oh there should be.

Places I won’t travel to: Mother Russia and her stepchildren Texas and Florida and Tennessee … that’s all, for now.

Carlos hates to use the last of anything. They will be a paper-thin sliver of soap in the bathtub soapdish which he will continue to use, but he'll set out a new bar, still in the box, on the edge of the tub, for me to put out. We’ll be running low on toilet paper on the roll, and he’ll use one tiny square—he has squares to spare … extra points if you get that—and put a new roll on the back of the toilet for me to put on the spool.

The other morning, I said I was going to have fruit for breakfast. I made a delicious bowl of honeydew, banana and pineapple, and Carlos told me he’d saved some strawberries I’d gotten at the market if I wanted.

“Yes, please. Where are they?”

Second shelf from the bottom.”

I took the container of strawberries and, inside, rolling around all by its lonesome was one strawberry about the size of a pea that he had saved for me.

Bless.His.Heart.

All 133 Virginia public school superintendents have urged GOP and QAnon Governor Glenn Youngkin to scrap the “tip line” he set up to let parents snitch on teachers and principals, and have asked him to stop his campaign against the teaching of “divisive” content in schools.

It’s called history; it’s called facts. And trying to deny that is called White Fragility.

After expressing “concern” for Ukraine in its war against Russia, these 31 GOP Senators voted against an aid package for Ukraine:

Marsha Blackburn and Bill Hagerty, Tennessee ... John Boozman and Tom Cotton, Arkansas ... Mike Braun, Indiana ... Richard Burr and Thom Tillis, North Carolina ... Bill Cassidy and John Kennedy, Louisiana ... Tom Cotton, Arkansas ... Kevin Cramer and John Hoeven, North Dakota ... Mike Crapo and James Risch, Idaho ... Ted Cruz, Texas ... Steve Daines, Montana ... Deb Fischer and Ben Sasse, Nebraska ... Josh Hawley, Missouri ... Ron Johnson, Wisconsin ... James Lankford, Oklahoma ... Mike Lee and Mitt Romney, Utah ... Cynthia Lummis, Wyoming ... Roger Marshall, Kansas ... Rand Paul, Kentucky ... Mike Rounds, South Dakota ... Marco Rubio and Rick Scott, Florida ... Tim Scott, South Carolina ... Dan Sullivan, Alaska ... Pat Toomey, Pennsylvania

Vote them all out. Cast a GODDAMNED vote.

Speaking of voting Blue, I need Democrats to stand up and speak up and speak out and remind this country that Russia and Putin have sanctioned many, many politicians in this country, and around the world, for their support of Ukraine and condemnation of Russia, but they have not sanctioned one single Republican.

Which means the GOP is the party of bombing hospitals and maternity wards and apartments complexes and people waiting in line for bread. The GOP condones the murder of innocent Ukrainians because Putin wants to swing his microdick around. The GOP and the rightwing media are being heralded in Russia as allies Of murder and mayhem.

Vote every one of them from office.

I don’t know … is it underwear as outerwear, cuz I’m getting garters out of this; or it  just plain strappy under wear? Either way, I’m intrigued ….

We began watching HBO’S The Gilded Age, created by Julian Fellowes who also gave us Downton Abby. But this one takes place in New York City as the nouveau riche start moving in the same circles as old money and a sort of one percent class struggle ensues. But enough of that, let’s talk men—clockwise from top left: 

Blake Ritson is playboy, and perhaps gay boy, Oscar van Rhijn, the son of old money; Claybourne Elder is John Adams, with whom Oscar has a thing; Sullivan Jones plays a real person, T. Thomas Fortune, the editor of the New York Globe, a prominent Black newspaper; Ward Horton is Charles Fane, another son of old money; Morgan Spector is George Russell, the new money millionaire who built the monstrosity mansion on The Avenue; and Harry Richardson is Larry Russell, son of George Russell.

Which One[s] Would You Hit?

17 comments:

  1. Yes, in Canada, conservatives (even the most far right Tumpster wannabes) do NOT overtly support Putin as they do in the USA. Canada has a huge Ukrainian population (largest outside Ukraine and Russia) and they know it would be political and social suicide to appear to be on Putin's side.

    Glad Tuxedo can get up on the bed again! Sounds like he's glad too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh. The Repugs ARE Russian assets. People are just catching up with that little factoid.
    And I'm going to need that pic of Tux with THAT caption on a t-shirt. I wanna wear it everywhere when they lift the mask mandates.
    And now we know why Thomas was so against the Jan6 investigation? Duh.
    The Gilded age, huh? Yum.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take note and vote those bastards out. Heartless bunch!!!!!!

    I sure hope your balls will be back in working order Bob. The Dyson has quite the suction.

    So I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Bob and Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sold vacuums for Sears a long, long time ago, if you had asked, I would have told you Dysons really suck.

    Ginni Thomas? The barren wife of that famous Oreo Clarence Thomas? I understand the January 6 committee has her number, phone number, that is.

    The Pro Putin crowd is have a tough time selling their message. As a result, you have MTG and the Q crowd shrieking for the Ukraine to surrender, and the Miss Lindsey Belle crowd shrieking for an assassination. A large majority of Americans are proud we're standing up to that stupid dictator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG ... Tidbits had me laughing out loud! Now you know why certain instructions are included with certain machines! LOL
    Fashion pic: Good grief, Gertie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really shocked me when I discovered that the Supreme Court did not have a list of ethics to follow. I suppose that harks back to the days when a man's word (but not a woman's) was his bond. Shame the Repugnants don't believe in HONOUR nowadays. You'd think all those Repugnant veterans and Christians in the GOP (Ghastly Old People?) would think of the Ukrainian citizens being bombed and feel some empathy....but that's way too much to expect.

    Damn it Thomas C. - recuse yourself when your terrorist wife or her friends turn up before you! In English law the judge failing to recuse himself when a friend or relative has an interest in the case, or when the judge owns shares in company before him or her, would most likely end with the judgement being overturned and a retrial ordered. And the suggestion that the judge might like to step down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I take issues with television programs which only concern themselves with 'the struggles' of the 1%. F 'em. Even historically. Tired of that being what I am force fed. If it's not that, it's white men or women in power and their struggles. Such privilege? Well, we deal with it in real life... I will not idolize it by supporting television programs that portray it... especially as 'struggle.'

    Handsome cast, though.

    Yes, George - the GOP belong to Putin now. They are all fascists. The media won't call them out on it because corporations pay the salaries of news pundits.

    That undergear? Nope. Too much going on for comfort.

    I love your term... white fragility. And it's so true. The law in Florida where history teachers have to be careful not to hurt the feelings of white kids while discussing the horrors their race have inflicted upon other cultures... precious.

    Love all the Carlos stories. The Boyfriend won't finish anything. He eats all but say four grains of cereal in a box and then, not throw it out, but open a new one.

    Red States... and yes, the color of their country - Russia. Must avoid. I don't want to contribute to their economies.

    Clarence needs to resign. He's compromised and has never had any interest in actually doing his job.

    So glad Tux can sleep with you again. We use pet steps for our elders.

    I would pay if Carlos would speak to me... (he'd have to call me names, though.)

    Hope all is well with you, dear. Be in good health. Wishing you the best. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love your relationship with Carlos. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is there really a senator in Idaho called Mike Crapo? Perhaps he changed his name in order to reflect his right wing credentials. You might consider changing your name to to Bob Guevara. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it wasn't the Dyson Ball cleaner, then my guess is it's the "Bill Obama" crack that landed you in the hospital. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you heal up quickly and don't have to stay too long in the hospital. I knew Big Vacuum was all about profit over people. I love the tales of Carlos this week and that is a damning tweet from Mr. Takei. He pretty much nails it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed reading this post. Virginia has moved 20 steps backward. The tip line is unbelievable. And, you put a smile on my face when you referenced the Great Anne Marie...FOAD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Debra
    Our GOP has no backbone or conscience or courage.
    And having Tuxedo sleep with us again was just lovely. He’s such a sweet boy.

    @Six
    I like the idea of the Tuxedo shirt … I may have to see what I can do!
    Morgan Spector is all kinds of dreamy. And Blake Ritson, too!
    xoxo

    @Maddie
    Vote ‘em out or learn to speak Russian.
    I think my balls have recovered, but they cringe a little when Carlos runs the vacuum!

    @TDM
    The Great Tuxedo is back on the big bed a=nd he is quite happy!
    xoxo

    @Dave
    Dyson’s do suck. Or so I’ve heard.
    Half the GOP wants Zellenskyy to give up and the other half wants Putin dead. Talk about your mixed messaging.

    @Marcia
    I will never look at a vacuum the same way again!
    Fashion can be painful, as well as hideous!

    @Helen
    Funny, Clarence wears the black robe and Ginni wears the white one, and Clarence acquiesces to the white one.

    @upton
    I like this show because of the history aspect of it. Especially old New York City, which seemed like a Golden City but was really quite the political cesspool.
    The undies seem better suited to loungewear!
    White Fragility isn’t my term. I don’t know where I heard it but it perfectly explains white people being butt hurt when they aren’t portrayed as saviors and heroes.
    Carlos slays me non-stop!! That lone strawberry was a hoot.
    We had tried to step stool with Tuxedo before but he wasn’t interested so I began looking online for something and then we tried it again and he took to it like a champ.
    Don’t tempt Carlos, he may start an OnlyFans site!!!
    Best to you as well.
    xoxo

    @Treaders
    It’s a lot of laughter and goddess knows I love a good laugh … and so does he.

    @Yorkshire
    Michael Dean Crapo, to be precise, though I think of him more as Mike de Crapo!
    Hmmm, I like your idea for my new name …. I need to ponder that!

    @Boots
    Maybe a combination of the two??

    @Mr. Shife
    Big Vacuum Sucks!
    Carlos had some good ones this week, as did Mr. Takei!

    @Michael
    I hear Anne Marie in my head a lot when I write about politics and the GOP.
    She may be gone, but she will never be forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Claybourne Elder (I think it was the pecs in an early bedrooms scene) and Harry Richardson (who can smile at me any time).

    It only took Carlos a minute? SG would still be scratching his head.

    When my sister was a little girl, my mother told her that eating the last of anything meant she would die an old maid. (Yes, she said that.) Dale NEVER ate the last of anything, although she opened every package, which I wouldn’t do. I would find one OREO cookie, one cupful of cereal, one pretzel. It drove me nuts.

    SG claims he doesn’t know how to remove the old roll and install the new on our paper towel holder.

    But did you enjoy the Dyson ball cleaner just a little before it sent you to the hospital?

    ReplyDelete
  16. A clean ball, is a happy - oh no just don't go there. Voter turn out is the key, vote to get us out of the handbasket.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Re. Carlos and the strawberry -- DAVE DOES THAT SAME THING TO ME! He's famous for eating a box of crackers and leaving one, or eating a package of cookies and leaving one. It drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......