Wednesday, October 03, 2018

Architecture Wednesday: To The Tower!


Lotsa folks are looking to downsize and are aiming for those co-called ‘tiny houses,’ which really are just trailers and campers.

We could use a downsize, and this home, well, part of a home, in Mtunzini, South Africa just might be the way to go. It’s only about 800 square feet and the idea was to house two teenage children since the existing family cabin was too small. The solution was to either build another floor above the existing home, or find a site on the small lot to build the addition.

And so what we’ve got is a tower … Hey Rapunzel … reached by a circular staircase. And with wide open spaces, the tower rooms can take the views of the sea even higher. It’s not a huge space, and not a huge lot, and I wonder about navigating the stairs after wine, but still …living in a tower?

The ultimate tale for a fairy, if I do say so myself.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful view but AK! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's is about the same size as I have now, but a little more. I love it and would gladly live there. When I was young, I always wanted a huge mansion, but as I got older, I like a have a swanky small place, then a huge empty mansion filled with "stuff". I love the tower feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have to pull a Shawshank and bust out of the place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's Traitor's Gate?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......