Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Architecture Wednesday: Tropical California Getaway

It’s cold in Smallville this week and so I was looking for something tropical and warm and beachy. But who has the time to fly to a South Seas resort? I don’t; and so this tropical getaway is perfect because it’s in California, just a hop, skip and a plane ride away.

And it’s big, on big coastal land; an 8245-square foot house on over eight lush acres. But just three bedrooms and three bathrooms, a gym with steam room, a studio a library and office and wide-open spaces to take in the view of the infinity pool and beyond, plus His and His living rooms ate either end of the house, you know, incase Carlos works my last nerve… or I work his.

I can relax and warm up by the koi pond, or stroll through the gardens o swim in the pool; a fire on the terrace as we watch the sunset …

I need a plane ticket.

5 comments:

  1. Now this isn't really me.....but who am I to complain about those views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The views! Hope it is not in the next fire zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the inside more than the outside. I'm going to assume that big box of water is the infinity pool. During the summer in some places here, all you have to do is add veggies and yourself to the pool and you'd get a mighty fine stew! I live in California, and all I can see on the outside are hiding places for tarantulas and rattlers. But it is a beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee..... there's enough room for the dogs to run, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too much house for me! My kids and grand-kidlets would probably skate in the open living space.

    I love the library and wonder who would go into the gym and dust; neither of us would probably use it. Hell, we had a treadmill 10' from the bed and almost never used it.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......