Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Architecture Wednesday: Tribeca Manse

Last week was an over-the-top beach house in California, but this week I need my city life, so I’m thinking of this 13,500 square-foot triplex penthouse that is built within a magnificent 1862 limestone Loft Mansion in the heart of Tribeca.

There are four bedrooms and six… only six? I prefer one for each day of the week … bathrooms in the home that is spread out over the 4th, 5th and 6th floors of the mansion; but the floors are open so that light from the rooftop …oh yeah, there’s a 2,775-square foot terrace up top … can fill every floor, and shine through the home’s centerpiece: a glass staircase.The house retains the original 12-15-foot ceilings and cast-iron columns and has a private gym and a half basketball court in the basement!

Now, I don’t play basketball, so I might use it as a fabulous party space instead ….


Click to emBIGGERate

10 comments:

  1. can you IMAGINE how much this place must cost?????

    that glass staircase would creep me out (vertigo). where's the elevator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little too open and "lobby like" for me, but i do love the libaray type room. But the views are nice I'll bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, maddie and me can hang out in the library.
    Is an amazing place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:57 PM

    It’s gorgeous - especially the second picture, but it looks more like a townhouse hotel rather than a home.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exhibit A in the case of Why We Need an Estate Tax?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This reminds me of parts of a big cruise ship, nice to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I could live in the library with an elevator to the swimming pool! Anyone want to sublet the rest?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd split it into 6 units and decorate it so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can imagine Batman living in a place like this. It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A bit too industrial looking for my taste. Although, that kitchen space would make a damn fine art studio. A somewhat aside: every time I see something like this, I say to myself, think of how many homeless people could be housed in this space. Even if I could afford it, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it, with that nagging at me.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......