Friday, January 19, 2018

I Didn't Say It ....

Martin Luther King III, on _____ and the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday:

“When a president insists that our nation needs more citizens from white states like Norway, I don’t even think we need to spend any time even talking about what it says and what it is. We got to find a way to work on this man’s heart. [Former Alabama Governor] George Wallace was a staunch racist and we worked on his heart and ultimately George Wallace transformed.”

Um, all well and good, but _____ doesn’t want to change because he wants to appease his base of racists and alt-righters.
Jeff Flake, Arizona GOP Senator, on _____’s declaration that media is “the enemy of the people”:

“[He] borrowed that phrase. It was popularized by Josef Stalin, used by Mao as well—enemy of the people. It should be noted that Nikita Khrushchev who followed Stalin, forbade its use, saying that was too loaded and that it maligned a whole group or class of people, and it shouldn’t be done.”

That’s the first line of a dictatorship: malign the media and make the people not to believe what they read, but only what comes from the asshats mouth.
Don’t succumb.
Mia Love, GOP Representative from Utah, on _____’s “shithole” remarks:

“I can’t defend the indefensible. You have to understand that there are countries that struggle out there. But their people, their people are good people and they’re part of us. We’re Americans. I think [his remarks] were [racist], yes.”

Love is the first Haitian-American elected to Congress.
Yes, her family came from a “shithole” country.
Cory Booker, Democratic Senator, and Hottie, from New Jersey, to Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen over her failure to recall whether _____ said “shithole” countries:

“The commander in chief, in an Oval Office meeting, referring to people from African countries and Haitians with the most vile and vulgar language–that language festers. When ignorance and bigotry is alive with power, it’s a dangerous force in our country. Your silence and your amnesia is complicity. When Dick Durbin called me I had tears of rage when I heard about his experience in this meeting, and for you not to feel that hurt and that pain and to dismiss some of the questions of my colleagues … when tens of millions of Americas are hurting right now because of what they’re worried about what happened in the White House, that’s unacceptable to me!”

Word.We all need to be like Cory.
Speak.Up.Vote.
Seth Meyers, on _____ calling himself the “least racist” person ever:

“Why do you do that to yourself, man? If you’d just said, ‘I’m not a racist,’ then maybe you could muddy the waters and people would have to debate it. But when you say ‘the least racist person,’ you just set off alarm bells. It’s the difference between saying, ‘I’m a tall person’ and ‘I’m the tallest person on Earth.’ With one, you go, ‘Yeah, pretty tall, I guess,’ and with the other you go, ‘Oh, he’s crazy.'”

Cuz he is crazy.
And a racist.
Seth Meyers, again, because he’s rocking it lately, on ____’s demands that immigration be merit-based:

“You want immigration to be merit-based? Your job isn’t even merit-based! Your whole life has been the opposite of merit-based. You’re a celebrity billionaire despite the fact that you’ve declared bankruptcy six times and you’re president despite being wildly unqualified. If you want a merit-based immigration system, fine. But then you should have go back to whatever bog your family crawled out of and get in the back of the line.”

Damn!
Maxine Waters, Democratic Representative from California, saying she will not attend _____’s first State of the Union address following his “shithole” comments:

 “Why would I take my time to go and sit and listen to a liar? Someone who lies in the face of facts, someone who can change their tune day in and day out. What does he have to say that I would be interested in? I don’t trust him, I don’t appreciate him and I wouldn’t waste my time … listening to what he has to say. He does not deserve my attention.”

Unless it’s impeachment, right, Maxine?
Adam Rippon, openly gay U.S. Olympic figure skater, on Vice President Mike Pence leading the U.S. delegation at the Winter Olympics:

“You mean Mike Pence, the same Mike Pence that funded gay conversion therapy? I’m not buying it. If it were before my event, I would absolutely not go out of my way to meet somebody who I felt has gone out of their way to not only show that they aren’t a friend of a gay person but that they think that they’re sick. [And] if he’s okay with what’s being said about people and Americans and foreigners and about different countries that are being called ‘s—holes,’ I think he should really go to church.”

Again, bravo, sir. Stand tall.
Rippon said he might speak to Pence if he felt there was a way to have “an open conversation.”

6 comments:

  1. god forbid that Mikey should forego a holiday with mother! He needs her to fend off all those gay athletes eager for a piece of him (not)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seth Meyers on merit-based, LOL! It's funny cuz it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MLK III is WRONG about wallace; white racist pigs, ALL OF THEM! the dump, the GOPricks, scamvangelists, religious freaks, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one "worked" on George Wallace's heart. He got there finally on his own after he did way too much damage. And Trump has no heart to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My socially conservative is terrified that Cory Booker is going to run in 2020.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......