The president of Mexico is right. And all the fuckery going on? A distraction from the looting of the country and the mismanagement of anything and everything that has to do with it. Cankles does live the easily duped. And on to look for info about Bass Reeves.
I listened to a very interesting podcast. A clinical psychiatrist who has worked in the field of dementia for decades was the guest. His take is that Cankles doesn't have much time left, and when he's gone MAGAts will break into a hundred splinter groups. I really hope he's fairly accurate in his timeline.
I think I learned about Bass Reeves from watching an episode of Drunk History. Most of this stuff I learned from word of mouth. They certainly didn't teach it in school.
There is a mini-series currently on Netflix titled Lawman: Bass Reeves. Pretty interesting. Bass, former slave, became the first Black deputy U.S. Marshall. In the series he pretended to be a runaway slave, approached a home, befriended the mother, the sons came home, and fell under Bass's spell, the sons, Bass, and mother had a lovely evening, the sons got drunk, he told the mother to go on to bed and he would ensure the sons are tucked in for the night. As the sons woke up the next morning they discovered they were in handcuffs. His shooting skills were above par. Good series.
The president of Mexico is right.
ReplyDeleteAnd all the fuckery going on? A distraction from the looting of the country and the mismanagement of anything and everything that has to do with it. Cankles does live the easily duped.
And on to look for info about Bass Reeves.
XOXO
Scream, then VOTE
ReplyDeleteNow I want to know more about Bass Reeves!
ReplyDeleteI listened to a very interesting podcast. A clinical psychiatrist who has worked in the field of dementia for decades was the guest. His take is that Cankles doesn't have much time left, and when he's gone MAGAts will break into a hundred splinter groups. I really hope he's fairly accurate in his timeline.
ReplyDeleteI went to grammar school with Mary Doria Russell! I was Ellen Wiora back then... What a coincidence to see her name in your post, Bob.
ReplyDeleteI’m off to read about Bass Reeves.
ReplyDeleteHe will certainly go down in history.
ReplyDeletethe dog's mother
ReplyDeletexoxo :-)
I think I learned about Bass Reeves from watching an episode of Drunk History. Most of this stuff I learned from word of mouth. They certainly didn't teach it in school.
ReplyDeleteThere is a mini-series currently on Netflix titled Lawman: Bass Reeves. Pretty interesting. Bass, former slave, became the first Black deputy U.S. Marshall. In the series he pretended to be a runaway slave, approached a home, befriended the mother, the sons came home, and fell under Bass's spell, the sons, Bass, and mother had a lovely evening, the sons got drunk, he told the mother to go on to bed and he would ensure the sons are tucked in for the night. As the sons woke up the next morning they discovered they were in handcuffs. His shooting skills were above par. Good series.
ReplyDelete