Thursday, May 18, 2023

Bobservations

The other night, after we’d finished dinner, Carlos and I sat at the table chatting about this and that, and I said:

“I’m going to get some bread out of the freezer so I can have toast in the morning.”

“You’re going to bed?”

“What?”

“You said you were going to bed so you can have toast in the morning.”

“Yes, my life is so full, and the thought of toast thrills me so much, that I want to go to sleep At 7PM so morning comes sooner and I can have toast.”

“Okay … are you gonna clean the kitchen first?”

As he likes to remind me, I signed the papers so I’m stuck with him.

Tuxedo and MaxGoldberg always got along, but every once in a while had a little spat; this is from September 2009:

Tuxedo Carrington and MaxGoldberg Carrington Colby Dexter.....I can't wait until one of them pushes the other into the fishpond on the Carrington Estate!”

I love the look on Max’s face and the way Tuxedo is sitting up on his hind legs ready to pounce. I think the fight lasted about three minutes and then they were buddies again.

A sixth-grade teacher in Floriduh asked her class how many were Thing 45 fans, and despite most of them not knowing who Thing 45 was, they wanted to be liked by the teacher so they all raised their hands … except for little Bobby. The teacher looked at him and asked:

“Why are you being different again?”

“Because I’m not a Thing 45 fan.”

“Why aren’t you a Thing 45 fan?”

“Because I’m a Democrat.”

The teacher sniffed:

“Oh really? Why are you a Democrat?”

“Well, my mom is a Democrat, my dad is a Democrat, so I’m a Democrat.”

“Well, what if your mom was a fool and your dad was a jerk—what would that make you?”

“A Thing 45 fan.”

Be like Little Bobby.

Speaking of being like Little Bobby, graduating students at New College of Florida will hold a student-led “Commencement On Our Terms” after Dr. Scott Atlas was scheduled to be the commencement speaker for the regular graduation. You see, Atlas worked in Thing 45’s administration as a special White House advisor during the pandemic. His views contradicted all medical advice on how to combat COVID making him one of the head COVIDIOTS who denounced COVID testing and masks as millions died.

Students at the school have chosen civil rights leader and CEO of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights Maya Wiley as the keynote speaker at their alternative, woke, graduation.

Cuz they don’t need another idiot in Floriduh.

I have come to the realization that there are two Carlos’ in our house. One is a hard-nosed diva … Tear down that bitch of a bearing wall and put a window where a window ought to be … and the other is the martyr who, when you ask what he’s doing, mutters … I’m just doing my chores so I can still live in the house.

Yes, one minute I’m terrified he’s going to beat me with a wire hanger and the next I’m wondering if I should start a bonfire and burn him at the stake.

Joan Crawford or Joan of Arc. Tis a puzzlement.

An 18-year-old shooter fired indiscriminately while roaming a residential street in Farmington, New Mexico this week killing three people before the police arrived and killed the suspect; six other people, including two officers, were injured.

In Texas, the apparent capitol of Mass Shootings, police have charged a 12-year-old boy with murder after he shot and killed a Sonic employee who was arguing in a parkin g lot with the boy’s twenty-year-old friend. The 12-year-old boy used an AR-style weapon and fired at least six rounds at Davis.

Just another day in the United States of Guns. Thoughts and prayers in the hopes that Congress will one day grow a spine and do something but we all know thoughts and prayers fix nothing so ... 

Officials in Kansas City, Missouri are hoping to declare the city a sanctuary for people seeking or providing gender-affirming care, defying anti-transgender state officials bigots who are intent on banning it for minors and restricting it for adults.

Kansas City Council members acted after the GOP-controlled state legislature gave final approval to a bill banning gender-affirming care for transgender minors.

This could be a good first step, but the march goes on …

When Senator Joe Manchin scolded the EPA for requiring power plants to reduce their carbon emissions, he didn’t mention that the agency’s rules might threaten his personal income.

In fact, the risk to one plant, in particular, could threaten a lucrative source of money for Manchin. His family business Enersystems Inc. delivers waste coal to the Grant Town power plant, a financially struggling coal facility that Manchin has spent much of his political career protecting.

It’s not about protecting jobs at these plants it’s about protecting Joe Manchin’s bank account.

Fuck him.

Eli Bernard is a model, personal trainer and student but really all one needs to know is: Would You Hit It?

28 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:15 AM

    TDM
    (Carlos) (Kitties)
    Nikki Haley.... sheesh!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki is just a mess of a politician.
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh, Bob, dear Bob,
    So much wisdom packed into your post, but I confess my favorite was the story of little Bobby in Floriduh.
    I think little Bobby must be kin to you!
    If so, he's so very lucky. We need more of him - and you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have a Little Bobby in me, and I'm good with that!

      Delete
  3. Nimrata is a first class ass licker. She knows there's a better chance of Pence being a candidate than her, but you know there's a very lucrative career post-running. So she's running. Whore. Also see, Manchin.
    You know Carlos (like Tuxedo) can do no wrong. Resign yourself.
    And BRAVO for Kansas CIty!
    And Eli laying just so on that sofa? Of course I would.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree wholeheartedly about Nimrata and Manchin. Fuck 'em both.
      Yes, Carlos and The Late Great Tuxedo are two of a kind.
      Eli has something, and I like it!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I wonder if Trump is reminding Haley that he can grab her pussy and do anything he wants to because he's a star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous1:04 PM

      🥇🏆🏅

      Delete
    2. I think she forgets he said that because he didn't say it TO her.

      Delete
  5. Yes, I'd hit Eli, and Nikki? She won't even be a footnote in the history books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki will be remembered in SC for taking down the Confederate flag and then saying she thought it a mistake to do so. She plays both sides because she has no spine.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. We should all be like Little Bobby!

      Delete
  7. Has Mr Bernard glued popcorn to his winkle? Let's hope that, if so, it's not gorilla glue.

    If those really are Haley's comments (rather than Halley's Comet) then I wonder if she has early onset dementia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki did say she had no thought on Thing 45's sexual abuse trial because she wants to be his running mate so she's still got her lips to his fat orange ass.

      Delete
  8. The photo of Tuxedo & MaxGoldberg is a classic in a two-cat home! Love Little Bobby!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cats were two of the best friends ever.

      Delete
  9. Well I can certainly synthesize with the Jim Crawford part, that's me to a T. And I absolutely love the Max and Tuxedo story. It's funny how cats can fight bitterly and then make up.

    And in my opinion Eli is way overdressed. And as far as Joe Manchin.... you can take his coal and smoke stacks and shove them up his ass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can Carlos Crawford of Arc.
      That picture of Max and Tuxedo reminded me a little of that video on your blog the other day.
      And yes about Manchin.

      Delete
  10. Carlos Crawford du Arc told me to tell you you should have cleaned the kitchen first. Yay to Little Bobby. The Tuxedo and MaxGoldberg photo is a treasure. When I try to catch Dudo and Moose like that, they both stop what they're doing and stare at me as if to say “We weren't doing anything.” Eli is a nice surprise when he's unwrapped and I like his horn of plenty. What was the question?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a video on Maddie's blog with a cat and dog spat, and then saw that photo of Tuxedo and Max and it made me smile remembering how they were with one another.
      Eli leaves very little to the imagination in some of those shots.

      Delete
  11. *We LOVE Carlos!! I believe he has perfected his act. Time to take it on the road. It is his world and we are just living in it.

    *Nikki H. It's the mindset like hers that has placed this country in the messes we have been through and still today.

    *I become so frustrated with Manchin, and like elk, for holding the country back for short-term gain-money. Our country can't be forward thinking in so many areas because of a selected few-top 10%. Just think, with all of our talents harnessed we can be a light, a beacon for a better society-transportation, housing, addressing homelessness, alternative energy, education, paid child-care, better wages and benefits, unions to keep businesses honest, collecting taxes that his owed and closing loop holes, doing away with subsidies, a sound healthcare systems that benefits ALL... The US can and should do better.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haley is the worst, flip-flopping her every opinion--several times, even--and thinking she has a shot at the White House. Eff her.
      Manchin is a greedy motherf__ker and that's all he ever will be, even when he's voted out.

      Delete
  12. Two cats tussling is always fun. It amazes me how quickly they can be biting and scratching and the next curled up napping next to one another.
    I hadn't heard about the 12 year old in Texas, but am not surprised. As for the guy in N.M. - I wish these f*kers who want to die at the hands of the cops would just walk up to the police station and leave the innocent alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the asshats who want to die just taking themselves out. Done.

      Delete
  13. Carlos for Congress!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love you and Carlos. It is some much like my relationship with My Robert that it is like reliving all those memories in the best way. Oh, and the tale of two Joans just blew me away with giggles. As for the rest of the post...gag...except of course Eli who I would hit or beg to be hit by but only after I licked off all that whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hadn't heard that about New College! That's AWESOME. I hope they fight DeSantis all the way to block his attempt to create the "Hillsdale of the South."

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......