Thursday, May 04, 2023

Bobservations

I don’t have a Carlos story this week because, to be honest, I haven’t been home an awful lot until Monday of this week, so I’ll share my first experience with an Airport Karen.

Flying home, I went from Portland to Atlanta—long flight—and arrived to find I had to take a train and a hike to my gate to catch the flight from Atlanta to Columbia. As I tend to book flights that have at least an hour layover I had the time and soon I was at the gate for my next flight. I sat down, took out a bottle of water and began to wait when a woman rushed up to the gate attendant shrieking that she’d missed her flight:

“They just closed the fucking gate! I was there and they closed the fucking gate! The plane is sitting right there and they won’t fucking let me on.”

When I say she was shrieking, think of what you believe to be shrieking and multiply it by a hundred. But the man at the gate simply said:

“Ma’am, go to the Delta counter and they will get you rebooked as quickly as possible. I cannot do anything right here.”

“NO! You are gonna give me a free flight. You’re gonna give me a free fucking shuttle to my house and get my luggage off that plane and onto the new flight—"

“Ma’am that plane is leaving. There’s no way I can get them—”

“Fuck that! Get me someone to talk to right now!”

“Ma’am. Go down to the Delta counter and they can get you on a flight and take care of your bags and any questions you may have. I cannot do that for you here.”

The woman looks around and sees me and shrieks:

“Do you hear this? He won’t even fucking help. Do you hear this?”

And I said:

“No, ma’am, all anyone can here is you screaming and cursing at him—”

“Fuck you, too.”

“Well, now, if I was interested in that, which I am not, I at least arrived at my gate in plenty of time to make my flight.”

“Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuu!!!”

And then she ran off through the airport.

This is a repost from August 2009:

Trying to help with the laundry. He's such a good boy.”

I don’t know what it is about the laundry basket that made him crawl into; even if the clothes were still warm from the dryer or cool from sitting for hours, this was his spot.

Shout out to South Carolina Senators Katrina Shealy. Penry Gustafson, Sandy Senn, Margie Bright Matthews, and Mia McLeod—three Republicans, one Democrat and one Independent—for standing up for women and their RIGHT to make their own healthcare choices.

Not all of these women are pro-choice but all know that men should not be telling women what they can do with their bodies.

Speaking of South Carolina, GOP Senator Tim Scott says he will make a “major announcement” on May 22 about his presidential bid.

And on May 23 we will all become acutely aware that he has no chance of ever being President.

The other day a co-worker said to me:

“Everyone thinks you’re a grumpy old bitch.”

I smiled and replied:

“Odd, because I Googled ‘Who gives a fuck’ and my name wasn’t in the search results.”

Don’t come for me peasants.

Dwyane Wade spent years living in Florida and playing basketball for the Miami Heat before retiring back in 2019. But now, as a supportive dad and advocate for his trans daughter, Zaya, Wade and his family have decided that a Florida under the thumb of the likes of Ron DeSantis is no place to live, so the Wade’s have packed up and moved away.

Too bad more people don’t follow suit.

What’s good for the floral goose is good for the floral gander … Nashville’s FLWR Shop is refusing to serve a Republican National Committee [RNC] fundraiser featuring Thing 45 in protest over lack of action on gun control laws.

FLWR Shop said it hopes to encourage other Nashville businesses to refuse money from the RNC “until they begin to make the changes to gun laws that most Americans are calling for.”

To be completely fair the Met Gala isn’t about fashion, it’s about costume and showmanship, and this year the winner, for me, is Janelle Monae.

The theme this year was Karl Lagerfeld: A Line Of Beauty and some interpreted that nicely, and some took it to the Jetsons and beyond. Amirite, Janelle? Bitch looked like a dolled-up Rosie the Robot in a look that transformed itself on the carpet. At first glance, it looked like a very ornate overcoat designed to keep the wind chill away but then a pair of handlers stopped in and began removing the coat to reveal that she was wearing essentially a sheer wireframe gown with glittery bikini beneath.

I do hope there was a third look, otherwise Ms. Monae would have been standing the entire night.

Last week classical music lovers headed to the Walt Disney Concert Hall to hear the Los Angeles Philharmonic concert perform, among other things, Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony and apparently one member of the audience was so overcome with, er, joy, by the performance that she experienced a full body orgasm.

Journalist Jocelyn Silver was the first to break the news on Twitter and even claimed that the orchestra stopped playing as the woman screamed and moaned, but others say that while the orgasm was loud, the band played on.

That must be some horny musical movement, eh?

This is French singer, songwriter, social media influencer and model Manu Noraced. And while he clearly has many talents this is a simpler question: Would You Hit it?

35 comments:

  1. Airport Karen picked the wrong one when she aimed at you. ROFLMAO! Did the gatekeeper give you a high five for that brilliant retort?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gate agent smiled and shook his head; as did I!

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:58 AM

    TDM
    ak! The airport karen!
    (Tuxedo forever)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Tuxedo is forever.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. I'm imagining myself still working for my last corporate employer and saying: “Odd, because I Googled ‘Who gives a fuck’ and my name wasn’t in the search results.”

    Sorry. I'm not hittin’ it today. He’s all yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all the Hits are for me, but there is a little something about Manu ....

      Delete
  4. Oh, yeah, and I wish I could have been a witness of that exchange in the airport. I would have applauded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to enjoy my water, some solitude and a large airport cookie and she was ruining my layover!!!

      Delete
  5. Hahahahahaha
    And then she stormed off through the airport?? OMG And she told you to go fuck yourself?? Poor Karen.
    Same thing is gonna happen to Nimrata and Tim Scott: they'll be ask to kindly fuck off. There's no chance any of those two would make it even to the primaries. They're in it for the money.
    And looking for fucks to give on Google? *chef's kiss*

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, she was dropping f-bombs all over the place so I guess she aimed one at me.
      Yes, having lived in SC I know that Nimrata has flipped and flopped more than I care to remember and for the life of me I cannot think of a single thing Tim Scott has done while in office except to keep running for office.
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Wolfie likes to supervise hanging the washing on the line, from inside the laundry basket. He prefers to do it with muddy paws.

    The Sun newspaper (strictly for thickos) had one of the K crowd (I forget which one) on their front page, claiming she looked classy while wearing an abbreviated bikini with bubble wrap would over it. Classy it was not; more hooker under the streetlight look if truth be told.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kardastrophes are the lowest of the low. I can't with any of them.

      Delete
  7. Jennifer Barlow11:40 AM

    I thoroughly enjoyed your Karen story, and your response to her! Hahahaha! I just love you, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't get the going off on a stranger because something bad happened to you. That never resolves the situation. I did laugh, though, that she seemed to think they could just bring the plane back to the gate and open the doors just for her.

      Delete
  8. That airport story with the Karen has me thinking it's a shame but didn't turn into the airplane movie. Everybody could have just lined up and slapped the bitch!!!!!

    And Manu!!!! I guess if I had my arm twisted I could hit it, or he could hit me,and and we could take turns all day.....

    And Nikki and Tim will be lucky if they make it past one debate. I don't think they're going to get off the Runway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would'a slapped her and then gotten back in line to do it again!
      Manu has something, yes indeed.
      Nikki and Tim will flame out quickly and hopefully never be heard from again.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous12:14 PM

    Brilliant handling of Airport Karen. Bravo! Kudos to FLWR Shop in Nashville. Google and blogger have decided, again, that I don’t exist, so I’m forced to comment as Anonymous. - krayolakris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you KrayolaKris!
      And it's nice to see a business stand up against the GOP love of weaponry.

      Delete
  10. So many Airport Karens these days but yours was the extreme version! I can't leave my clean laundry out because my kitty likes to curl up on it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first up close and personal Karen!
      Tuxedo would hop in the laundry basket and because he had me whipped I was unable to remove him and fold the clothes.

      Delete
  11. Well done in the airport. My go-to would have been to keep my head down. I have expressed my annoyance to counter staff before and that generally gets one nowhere. Only once was I loud and rude...yelling Delta sucks as we literally ran through the Minneapolis airport after they sent our luggage to Las Vegas without us - we were stuck in the customs hall for 90 minutes before they let us go to our gate, where of course, we missed our flight.
    I understand Nicki Hailey has decided IQ45 is good again.
    Glad to hear some businesses are standing up for their principles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just over her dropping the f-bomb every couple of words, and this comes from a man who LOVES an f-bomb!
      I usually fly Delta and have no problems, but I remember once hearing that Delta stands for Doesn't Ever Leave The Airport.
      Nikki changes her mind like most people change their underwear.

      Delete
  12. Tim Scott is on his way to being the laughing stock of the Republican party. I wish I could match your airport story, but that must have been simply awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand getting frustrated traveling, if you miss a flight or connection, or something happens, but when you start taking it out on someone and screaming like a banshee, all bets are off.

      Delete
  13. Nikki Haley looks only marginally less silly than Michael Dukakis in the tank.

    I'm glad you pointed out to that woman at the airport how crazy she was being. Perhaps she'll reflect and think about her behavior. Or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikki is a joke; even the people of South Carolina see that.
      And I don't think that Karen will rethink her crazy because she doesn't see it as crazy; she sees it as white victimization.

      Delete
  14. aussieguy5:48 PM

    Too hilarious (and too sad) about your Karen. As for me, I blame it all on the Orange Moron, figuring once people saw how he got away with saying the absolute most insane fuck-twaddle that they could do so themselves.

    Manu shows promise…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thing 45 did set the Karens free ... like the Wicked Witch sending her Flying Monkeys into the forests.

      Delete
  15. Tchai 5 often gets me close to orgasm too, though in my case NOT literally as in this woman's case, though nevertheless as near as dammit - getting my heart racing like almost no other piece. Even though the composer himself dismissed it as "insincere, which any audience will recognise" it really is a barn-stormer of a symphony - only I do wish his motto 'fate' theme hadn't been shoe-horned in quite so many times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to find a recording and see if it "moves" me.

      Delete
  16. I can swear with the best of them but I would never swear in public with strangers present. The woman at the airport wanted to blame somebody else for her own stupidity. If she was a proper grown up, the only swearing she would have doing would have been inside her head and to herself. I applaud the way you dealt with her. Was it Marjorie Taylor Greene?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was an MTG wannabe!

      Delete
  17. Dearest Airport Karen, the louder you scream, the more you curse, the more connections the airline staff are going to add to your new flight - I have seen them do it - they are human - Atlanta to Orlando via Detroit and Minneapolis.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......