Friday, May 31, 2019

I Didn't Say It ...


Pete Hegseth, Fox & Friends co-host, on _____’s response to investigations:

“It’s interesting you hear the narrative from the left that they’re getting under his skin. I think it’s opposite. This guy has the thickest skin considering the investigations and the resistance he’s been under. And when he gets asked a question, he answers it.”

Does Hegseth get paid by the lie?
Seth Rogen, actor, saying he regrets the homophobic jokes in some of his earlier films:

“We do not want people to feel bad when they’re watching our movies. I’ve had people come up to me and be like, ‘That made me feel like sh*t when I was in the movie theater and everyone was laughing about that.’ Like the ‘How I know you’re gay’ thing [from The 40-Year-Old Virgin], it’s something people have been like, ‘It’s not fun to be in the theater when people are laughing at that, knowing what they’re probably actually laughing at.’ And I don’t want anyone to have that experience watching our movies.”

Too bad it took him so long to learn it, but maybe others will now learn the same thing.
Pete Buttigieg, on Colin Kaepernick’s right to take a knee during the national anthem, and on _____ going after the protesters:

"The way I feel about it is the flag that was on my shoulder when I served represented, among other things, our right to free speech. You don't have to like it, but one of the reasons we serve was to defend that right, the right of peaceful protest and the idea that we can protest what is wrong with our country. If the president had served, maybe he'd feel a little more strongly about some of those freedoms. And, I get that there's a lot of strong opinions about this, but that's part of why we served."

For freedom, something _____ wants to take away.
Use your right to Free Speech, often, and loudly.
Scott Pelley, former CBS Evening News anchor, on being ousted for complaining about the news division’s “hostile work environment”:

“I lost my job because I wouldn’t stop complaining to management. Four or five years ago, I went to the [David Rhodes] president of the news division and explained to him that this hostile work environment couldn’t go on, for women and men. And he told me if I kept agitating about that internally then I’d lose my job. I went to [ousted CBS president Les Moonves], who told me he didn’t share my concerns, and so, having exhausted the possibilities in the news division, I went to the chairman of the CBS corporation who listened to me very concerned for an hour, asked me some penetrating questions about what was going on. I didn’t hear back from him but in the next opportunity in my contact, I was let go from the Evening News.”

Looks like CBS doesn’t want anyone to know about the way they treat their female employees?
Of course, with Moonves in the picture is anyone surprised.
Grant Stinchfield, NRA TV host, in a money beg for the Hate Group:

“The battle for the soul of this nation has to be won. We have no choice but to win. So today I declare this: you are either with us or against us. The NRA fights for all our freedoms, protecting the Second [Amendment] first, because once the Second is gone, they all implode. That’s why they come after us. That’s why they pounce on the NRA like hyenas feeding off prey. They want us destroyed. The only problem is, we aren’t prey and we can’t be destroyed. So here is the reality, the NRA wins, the NRA is the most successful civil rights group in the history of this nation. They can kick and scream about how we get it done. They can try to make all of us, the members, look bad. But in the end, we do get it done. We always have and always will. To feed this machine, of course, takes money. It is a massive engine that runs on all pistons firing. The NRA’s winning record cannot be disputed.”

First off, any group that wants to continue selling assault weapons after children were murdered at Sandy Hook literally has no soul, so STFU.
Secondly, actually, it’s without the First Amendment that everything crumbles, because not everyone wants or needs a weapon, but everyone wants and needs to ability to think and say what they choose, so, again, STFU.
Lastly, STFU.
Mackenzie Bezos, ex-wife of Amazon billionaire, and adulterer, Jeff Bezos, promising to giveaway $17 billion to charities over the course of her lifetime and in her will:

“There are lots of resources each of us can pull from our safes to share with others—time, attention, knowledge, patience, creativity, talent, effort, humor, compassion. In addition to whatever assets life has nurtured in me, I have a disproportionate amount of money to share. My approach to philanthropy will continue to be thoughtful. It will take time and effort and care. But I won’t wait. And I will keep at it until the safe is empty.”

I like that, a lot, but let’s be clear, Mackenzie could give away 95% of all her money this instant and still be set for life, so, yeah, you know.
Still, it’s nice …

10 comments:

  1. I saw that about Mrs Bezos and thought how principled she was; shame her money-blagging husband doesn't follow suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great quotes, but the Seth Rogan one... It's hard to believe how quickly things have moved. I know that gay rights and women's rights have taken generations, but over the past decade, the language that is acceptable in civil society has changed rapidly. Movies I consider relatively new contain jokes that give me pause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duh. Of course they get paid the lie at faux news!
    Seth’s heart is in the right place. Let’s hope more follow.
    Pete is awesome. Enough said.
    I really really hope the NRA is in the deep trouble they say they’re in in their money begs.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. When _____ comes on the news I mute.
    (Prefer to read about his crimes)
    When 20Pete20 comes on I turn up
    the sound. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your opinion - pete hegseth: gay or not gay?

    and the NRA can go fuck itself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Pete does get paid to lie like that.

    Grant's a desperate ass who sees his job going down the toilet.

    What else is Mackenzie going to do with all of that money?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some good and revealing quotations here today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anne Marie
    Hegseth is giving the gayest of faces so .......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hagseth looks like he tap-tap-taps in airport mens rooms. Not that there's anything WRONG with that...unless you're a fucking hypocritical right wing asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hegseth does seem to have a classic case of gay face, but I wouldn't want to claim him!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......