Friday, June 27, 2014

I Didn't Say It ...

Bill Maher, on The View, addressing the recent allegations of brain damage that Karl Rove used in an attack on Hillary Clinton:

“I mean look what Karl Rove did to her a couple weeks ago, bringing up brain damage and just saying, ‘well, I’m not saying she does, I’m just putting it out there.’ I wonder if Karl Rove’s gay lover that he murdered …. Oh, I’m not saying that’s definitely true, I’m just putting it out there.”

Thanks to Maher for showing up Karl Rove and his ignorant asshattedness.
Stephen Hawking, on death:

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark."

Could be true, but no one knows until they die, eh? I mean, if you die and it’s all nothingness then there is no Heaven — though you won’t know that.
But, if you die and there is “something”, well, you’ll be dead so it’ll be hard to get word back to those of us on this side.
Mike Huckabee, failed presidential candidate, at NOM’s Hate March for Marriage, warning that God will punish everyone who supports the LGBT community’s fight for equality:

"There is no doubt in my mind that this country would not exist had it not been for the providential hand of God. And I'm also convinced that if we reject his hand of blessing, we will feel his hand of judgment …and it’s time for us as an American people to say to our own government 'Enough of you restricting us, enough of you redefining our institutions.' We are not under an obligation to defy God in order to obey you. We are under an obligation to obey God and the law and, if necessary, to defy an institution that is out of control."

God created America, y’all. Though, apparently in the delusional minds of wingnuts like Huckleberry Hound, God had no hand in creating any other country on the planet.
Yeah … right.
Francis Slay, the mayor of St. Louis, on performing the weddings for four same-sex couples in his office this week:

“It makes me proud as a citizen and as a mayor. I, and all of us standing here, are doing this to force the issue and to get the law settled for everyone who wants to get married in the state of Missouri.”

Every day another step forward; every day. In courts, in voting booths, in County Clerk’s offices, in mayor’s offices.
The march goes on. 
Rick Santorum, on marriage equality:

“We haven’t even lost yet and the majority of Americans still believe in marriage, and yet our side is willing to fold our tent and go away. We have to understand that this is a war and if we don’t engage in this war we will lose this war.”

Frothy has obviously attended the Michele Bachmann School of ‘If You Say It Enough Times, Then It Must Be True’ because there is nary a poll of late that doesn’t show support for marriage equality above 50% of the people in America.
But, maybe, Rick’s not so got at The Math?
Gary Oldman, apologizing for defending in which he defended Mel Gibson's racist and anti-Semitic remarks and Alec Baldwin's homophobic slurs:

"I said some things that were poorly considered. And once I had seen it in print, I could see that it was offensive, insensitive, pernicious and ill-informed...From my heart, I am profoundly, profoundly sorry...I should be an example and an inspiration, and I'm an a-hole. And I'm 56, and I should know better."

In this day and age of wanting everything instantly, it seems people don’t even take the time to think before they speak. There is political correctness and there is hate speech; Gibson and Baldwin’s rants fall into the latter.

5 comments:

  1. America was truly blessed to have been created by God; us lesser nations, that exported God to the US, can only stand back in awe.....at the ridiculous idiots in the GOP so busily trying to ruin it

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a teenager my Great-Aunt told me about what happened to her some 50 years ago, so in the 20s.
    Great Aunt and Uncle lived on a farm in SE WA, very remote.
    She was giving birth to her first child and Uncle was the only one there. Things were not going well and he was losing her and their first child.
    Uncle left, saddled up one of the horses and rode as fast he could thru the dark to get the vet.
    Yes, the vet. Only person nearby.

    My Aunt had left her body and watched the arrival of the vet and Uncle and all the drama that ensued from the ceiling. She decided to go back to her body and get on with the birth.

    She did not tell a soul. She thought she was going nuts. It took 50+ years before she would even mention it. She had read of other stories like this and decided she wasn't nuts.

    I can tell you it made a big impression on me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Helen
    Lucky us. Right?

    @TDM
    I truly believe stories like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On Santorum: "the majority of Americans believe in marriage" - yes including a majority of LGBT citizens. Obviously he doesn't consider LGBT citizens to be Americans or part of the majority that believe in marriage.
    On Hawkings: I'll go with John Lennon's, "Imagine".

    ReplyDelete
  5. the teabaggers are losing ground fast; bwhahahahahahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......