Thursday, December 16, 2021

Bobservations

Sometimes I’m a dick. Oh, I don’t mean to be, but my sarcastic sense of humor comes into play and … I’m a dick.

Case in point: with Carlos’ eyesight getting worse, he has chosen to stop playing with the local community band. He’s found a couple of other people to play with, at hospitals and churches around town, and that’s a better thing for him. But this past weekend our community band was having it’s Christmas concert and since Carlos wasn’t playing he asked if I still wanted to go. I said Yes, especially because I could sit in the audience with him.

The morning of the concert, I sarcastically asked what time he wanted me to drop him off; he said we didn’t have to go if I didn’t want to, but I said I was kidding and of course we were going. I spoke to my Dad that day and told him we were going; I was doing chores and making Spicy Asian Chicken and Rice soup that we could have after the concert. I planned on getting the soup all done, then letting it simmer from 3 until 3:45, before the concert, and then it would be ready to eat when we got home.

At 3PM, I set the soup to simmer and walked back to the office where Carlos was working on the computer, and said, again, ‘What time do you want me to drop you off?’ He turned around and said, ‘You don’t want to go, so we won’t go.’

“I do want to go, I was just kidding. I’m gonna take a shower and we can leave about 3:45.”

“The concert starts right now.”

Yes, I had screwed up the times, and then made stupid jokes all day about not going, and now it looked like I was doing it on purpose. I told Carlos I wasn’t showering; I was going to jeans-and-ball-cap it and we’d go.

Long story short: we were about 10 minutes late but saw most of the concert and had a really wonderful time.

Lesson learned: don’t be a dick unless you absolutely, positively, have the times right…or maybe don’t be a dick, period?

Yeah, that won’t happen.

Tuxedo is amazed at the way Republican politicians like Banks seem to lie so easily, and without batting an eye.

Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Carl Nassib, left,  isn’t shy about being the first out gay player in the NFL. He donated $100,000 to The Trevor Project organization and has now created custom cleats for football players as part of the NFL’s My Cause My Cleats campaign. The program gives NFL players the ability to design custom cleats supporting a charitable cause or organization of their choosing, and Nassib’s  custom cleats highlight The Trevor Project, featuring the colors of the Pride flag along the laces, along with The Trevor Project logo, the organization’s suicide prevention lifeline [1-866-488-7386] and the message “Protect LGBTQ+ Lives.”

Good on him for standing in his truth. And good on Cleveland Browns fullback Johnny Stanton, right, a self-described LGBTQ ally, who wore Nassib’s cleats when the Browns played the Raiders and Nassib was sidelined with a knee injury.

It looks like former Minneapolis Police Officer, and convicted murderer, Derek Chauvin will be pleading guilty to violating George Floyd ’s civil rights. The federal docket entry shows a hearing has been scheduled for Chauvin to change his current not guilty plea in the case.

Good; you’re guilty.

James and Jennifer Crumbley, the complicit parents of Oxford High School shooter Ethan Crumbley will have no influence, and no insight, into their son’s criminal case or life in the near term.

According to his court-appointed lawyer, Paulette Michel Loftin, Crumbley and his parents are deliberately estranged, and Loftin does not plan to cooperate with the parents’ legal team despite a long tradition of attorneys following formal and informal agreements to share information.

Lovely family.

Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky has begged President Biden for expeditious federal relief aid to victims of a deadly 200-mile tornado that struck his state last week.

This is the same Rand Paul who, in 2017, was one of 17 GOP senators to oppose an emergency $15.3 billion federal relief bill for victims of Hurricane Harvey. This is the same Rand Paul who, in 2013, was one of 31 GOP senators who voted against a $50.5 billion relief aid package for Hurricane Sandy.

Pandering fucking hypocrite.

Anne Rice, author of “Interview with the Vampire” and so many other novels, passed away over the weekend due to complications from a stroke.; she was 80.

I met her at Tower Books in Sacramento during the last century when she was signing books; I brought several and was told she would only sign one. When I got up to the desk she remarked at the handful of hardcover books I had and said:

“Set ‘em down, I’ve got a lot of signing to do.”

And she signed every single one.

RIP.

Alex Jones, the loon who claimed the Sandy Hook School shooting, where children were murdered, was a hoax, is now claiming that President Biden used, ahem, “weather machines” to spawn those tornadoes in Kentucky:

“So, they just think you’re stupid and they don’t want you knowing they are doing all of this, and they’ve got carbon systems they are putting in … that are sucking carbon dioxide out of the air when it’s a trace gas that we need … That’s why plants and animals were so much bigger and healthier.

[The] question is, did [Joe] Biden last February, this year, order the power turned off in Texas. They did officially; they wouldn’t let them up the power. Now, we know that. So the question is did they use weather weapons to cause the tornadoes? That’s a legitimate question to ask.”

Wait, so now Sleepy Joe, can’t stay awake Joe, suffering from dementia Joe, too old to govern so he’s the face of a shadow government Joe, has built “weather weapons”?

Bitch. Please.

We’ve all done stupid things to get out of something we didn’t want to do but a 50-year-old man from Italy has taken the top prize when he bought a prosthetic arm to avoid getting a COVID-19 shot.

The man—whose name is being withheld—went through all the formalities at the clinic, and health workers did not notice his fake appendage until she touched it. She asked the man to remove his shirt, and immediately realized he had been wearing a faux limb.

I mean, c’mon, he paid for a fake limb to avoid getting a free shot? Are they sure he wasn’t an American loon on holiday?

This week in Would You Hit It we feature Brazilian actor and model, Arthur Sales—born Arthur Sales Gouveia. That’s all you get, so Would You Hit It?

10 comments:

  1. Or Don Junior knew that daddy wouldn't return his eldest's phone calls which just goes to show what seriously strange dynamics that family suffers from. Evil Trumpian waves disrupt your brain cells!

    PS What's the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob... your bad and I love it.

    This post this week almost looked like all mug shots!

    And Authur Sales?!?!?!?!?! Im SOLD dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best way not to be a dick is to remember that, if a joke is funny at all, it is only ever funny once. Don't belabour it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (All the family! - even if
    you are pushing it...)
    We got snow! Just a little
    bit as we are classified as
    in an extreme drought.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha
    Oh, I was biting my nails with that story... because I can be JUST LIKE THAT. Thank goodness everything worked out fine.
    Tuxedo is right. Ugh Repugs.
    Love Nassib's idea! Yes!
    And the family of the killer seems to have changed their tune, huh? Lovely.
    *barfs* Rand Paul *barfs* wish his neighbor would have hit harder.
    NOOOOOO Anne Rice noooooo *slides down wall*


    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Helen
    Standard Chicken and Rice soup, but with extra garlic, fresh ginger, mushrooms and bok choy!

    @Maddie
    I felt pretty bad that day but we didn’t miss much of the show!
    It was a lot of ugly mugs up in here!
    I figured I had you at Brazilian!

    @Debra
    Well, it WAS funny more than once, but not when I learned that I had the times wrong!!

    @TDM
    I was pushing ....
    xoxo

    @Six
    Yeah, I took the dickage a bit far, especially having the times wrong!
    When I met Anne Rice, she was so nice and friendly and down to earth; she seemed to love that people read her books.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carl Nassib is great!!

    The Crumbleys made a monster out of their stupidity, at least Ethan's lawyer recognizes that much.

    What ever Arthur's selling, I'm buying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd hit it--as usual. Yeah, you were a dick to Carlos, but you aren't the only dick. I can be a wee bit sarcastic and sometimes my humor confuses people. I'm trying to share my humor judiciously at the new job. The Crumbs ruined their son's life, so it's probably a good idea not to involve the two crazies in the kid's trial. Speaking of kid, am I the only one concerned about him being charged as an adult? He's 15 years old! He needs help. I'm not saying he shouldn't be locked up, but he needs treatment and the chance to learn that his parents did not serve him well. Rand Paul probably thinks Puerto Rico isn't part of the U.S. I would laugh at Alex Jones except for the fact that a lot of people believe all the crap he spouts.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also try to not be a dick. I’ve done surprisingly well in recent years. But, just imagine, if there were no dicks, there’d be no dick picks.

    Praise to Nassib and Johnny Stanton!

    I loved Anne Rice’s writing and her heart.

    Arthur Sales gives good face... and other things. So, yes, I’ll help him with his sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And Loons elect the Loon (Rand.) Shudder. Be kind to others,

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......