Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Architecture Wednesday: Modern Truckee Mountain Home


A while back, I took y’all to an A-frame at Lake Tahoe and now were going back to that neck of the woods for this modern forest getaway. Located in Truckee, California, this one is much larger than the cabin, with both indoor and outdoor living spaces to enjoy the mountain air.

With some 8,000 square feet of living space, the home was divided into four zones: an open concept living, kitchen and dining area; a separate wing for the children; a private master suite; a detached guesthouse. A gorgeous forest setting adds to the overall beauty of this home, lending a feeling of tranquility.

What do I love? The setting… the soaring ceilings …the walls of glass … that stainless steel fireplace in my bedroom … the space for everyone to come out and stay. And while it’s not that close to the lake, it is a gorgeous setting and the prefect home to get away.


Click to emBIGGERate ...

7 comments:

  1. The setting and exterior on this one are spectacular. Love the oversized windows. But now feeling the interior. I feel as though I'm in Home Depot looking for the paints aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one, but Truckee, nooo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A separate wing for the children?!
    Would have never worked for youngest
    escape artist...
    Pretty location, will go look up
    Truckee. xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree 100% with Mistress Maddie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's huge!
    And yes, I think there's a children's wing. I really like how people incorporate the indoor/outdoor living in their designs. And that master suite and bathroom! It's the size of my place! LOL

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting, but not my style, to many stairs, in a house that really didn't need that many trip points, the room with the computer screens appears empty and a lot of expensive space for people to stare at screens around the outside walls.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......