Thursday, July 23, 2020

Bobservations

Not so much a Carlos story, but he’s in it … a lot.

Last week I drove him up to the Lancaster Country Courthouse for an interpretation. I waited in the hall while he did his thang, and when it was over he walked outside with one of the attorneys who asked him for a business card. Then the lawyer said:
“Gimme your number and I’ll shoot you a text.”
I died a little; we are not phone people, and while we have cell phones we have … wait for it … it’s epic … it’s so last century … we have flip phones. Now, that’s fine for me being that I enjoy, er, enjoyed, being a luddite.

Anyway, I suggested to Carlos that we look into getting him a smartphone so that he can use it for business—Tax Deduction!—and he contacted AT&T who we bundle our “stuff” with. Turns out we have been such good customers, we were able to get two phones with a nice little package and our monthly bundle will would only … go down by about $25 a month.

And that’s how, in the Year of our Good Lord He Finally Upgraded, Carlos and I have iPhones.

Now the hardest part was trying to make Carlos, whose one bad habit is that he thinks he knows everything and doesn’t need to read instructions or take his time, slow down and not fuck this up.

It’s a process.
Ain’t it funny how government—made up of mostly old white men who think they control the bodies of more than half the electorate—works?

Two GOP Senators Dan Sullivan and Marco Rubio posted about the passing of Congressman John Lewis last week. It was nice, except they each posted pictures of themselves with Not-John-Lewis, but with Elijah Cummings.


It looks like Sullivan and Rubio fit the description as morons and asshats.
When it rains …and boy, did it rain on Monday. I had to run into work in the early afternoon for a few minutes and as I was getting ready to go, we had a massive thunderstorm in town. Carlos asked me not to go out in bad weather and I reminded him that I’ve been driving for well over 100 years and could handle a little rain.

BOOOOOOM! A massive lightning strike hit close to our house and Carlos claimed it was God agreeing with him while I said it was the Goddess agreeing with me; so out I went.

Well, the strike was, in fact, awfully close to the house and fried our DVR. No big; a quick call to AT&T and a new one was sent out … and arrived less than 24 hours later, how’s that for service?

But … I came back from work and did a few things on the computer before dinner. Then we ate and after that I went back to the computer and … no internet.

Luckily, again, it was a minor fix—some kerfuffle about a battery and a loose cable or maybe hamsters getting off their wheel—and we were back online, until ….

The next morning the AC went out; the fan was blowing but the AC was not in attendance … on a day when the weather would hit in the high 90s and higher humidity.

Luckily, again, a repairman came out and fixed that in a jiffy; we still need a servicing done, and a new computer board, but we’re back to living cool and easy.

Until that next storm???
Let this sink in … Jenna Ellis, a top _____ campaign adviser appeared on the Russian-government funded TV network RT, which U.S. intelligence agencies have said played a role in the Kremlin’s plans to undermine American democracy.

During her interview, Ellis defended _____’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic, bashed the American media as “propagandist activist media” and claimed Fox News—the news network most friendly to the president—of having an anti-Trump bias.

Why in the world is a _____ advisor campaigning for _____ in Russia?
Missouri Governor Mike Parson has announced that he will likely pardon Mark and Patricia McCloskey, AKA Ken and Karen, that white St. Louis couple who came out of their houses armed with guns and aimed them at peaceful BLM protestors in the street.

White couple pardoned for threatening Black protestors.

Racist governor.
Jim Justice, what a misnomer that is, is listed in Forbes magazine as a billionaire. He is also the richest man in West Virginia and governor of that state. In addition, he owns a vast array of businesses—coal mines, resort hotels and agricultural interests—many of them regulated by the state agencies he now runs.

Please explain then, why companies owned by Jim Justice and his family received up to $24 million from one of the federal government’s key coronavirus economic relief programs.

Oh yeah … Republican … Swamp … Liar … Thief. And a billionaire with his hand out for that guv’mint check.
Eyal Berkover is an Israeli model and actor and TV personality and an all-around hot slab of meat who seems to enjoy wearing as little as possible.


And I’m fine with that.



18 comments:

  1. Thank the Godess Hera for you posting the sexy pictures of Eyal...to get the pictures of those old stupid white men out of my head. They really are dumb shits. I sent the asshole from your post yesterday I few choice words. I'm going to get banned out!!!$

    As always tuxedo is the wise one and don't worry about flip phones...my mother still had one till she took my last smartphone. She's now a wiz...even though the text still look like a drunken sent them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a flip phone. and I don't give a damn.

    HELL YEAH, TUXEDO!

    dan & lil marco think all Black people look alike.

    jenna & mike & jim = assholes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The storm - AK!
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    I upgraded my phone to take
    pictures of Eldest son and DIL
    wedding and send them real time
    to elderly parents who could not
    come.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GO Tuxedo GO! The only person involved in decisions about an individual's uterus should be the individual themself! The only time that would not be true would be a life and death decision made for a juvenile or someone mentally incapable by the parents/guardian.

    The word magic is missing from the Trumposaur's plan is it not?

    It's amazing how many UK & US politicians from both left and right end up on Russian TV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry, Bobulah. I don't mean to defend asshats, but Cummings and Lewis looked enough alike to be at least fraternal twins. I got them confused all the time! In fact, I thought that Lewis had died when it was Cummings. Mrs Cummings has said that they'd been confused for each other for years and she isn't upset about it. One was taller than the other, but a picture of their faces side by side and it's like whoa!
    Phones and iThingies, every one I own was bought for me, against my wishes, by Balder Half. I keep my landline because it is more trustworthy as a phone. Fascinating, huh?
    Tasty Man Candy today. Yummy!
    The tweet, perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our cable and internet are bundled together and a tech showed up at our house yesterday, saying they were detecting a "buzz" coming from our house. He opened the line box and it was full of wasps' nests. Oddly, that wasn't the buzz they were hearing. It was a loose cable in the house. Lightning might be better than wasps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eyal would make MY clothes fall off, mind you...

    And the Repugs confused the two Black politicians because all Black people look the same. Didn't you know? Also, they're idiots.

    And racists are gonna do racist shit. There's nothing new there.

    Tuxedo for president!!!

    And welcome to the Apple Fanboy family! I need to know ALL THE DETAILS of Carlos learning how to work with the iPhone. All. Of. Them.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the world of iPhones! I upgraded from a flip phone last fall and now I'm kicking myself for waiting so long to do so. Texting is great! Especially with the microphone feature although sometimes you end up with some weird looking words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @MM
    Yes,Eyal does clear the mind of idiots and GOP Cowards while filling the mind with all kinds of pleasantries.

    @AM
    I didn't mind mine because it did what I needed it to do, but this upgrade is a bit nicer, though to me it's still just a phone.

    @TDM
    Ugly storm.
    And I will like the camera feature on the new phone.

    @Deedles
    But these two asshats WORKED with both men and had pictures taken with both men and then used the wrong one in a f**king tribute. If you can't tell 'em apart, doublecheck before you post!!!!! Ooooh, I feel better!

    Now I'll look at Eyal again.

    @Sadie
    I'd take lightning over wasps any day!

    @Six
    Eyal does the same to me.
    And we've already gone back to the phone store because Carlos did something to his phone. I love the man but his patience level with things electronic is almost non-existent.

    @Debra
    I'm not sure I will text, but who knows .... and I love the microphone feature so I don't have to drag my neanderthal thumbs all over tiny keys!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bob, honey, I've known Balder Half since we were 15. We're coming up on our 45th year (August 2) of wedded bliss (cough). I still mistake other men for him! I've gone up to bald Black men and grabbed them thinking they were him. At conventions we've been to, there's been several bald Black glasses wearing men, who all look alike to me, and I can tell my people apart. Just sayin'. You can work with a person and take pictures and that person still may not imprint on your mind.
    I won't say anymore. I love you too much to cause an explosion :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My older brother didn't even have a phone until we nagged him half to death after his wife died 4 years ago - and then it was PAINFUL!! When he realized he could leave a message on my answering machine it was like frickin' morse code. And don't even get me started on trying to teach him to send an email. Think yourself lucky Carlos is more with it than that and yeah maybe he doesn't need to read the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love my iphone and I have no regrets about upgrading when I did. You will enjoy it. Sorry about the storms...I hate them in the summer. And thank you for ending that post with Eyal. Those eyes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Flip Phones. How old ARE you? Button ugh, I would not want to be around for those iPhone sessions. Jerry had his for 6 months when he announced, “Did you know I have a camera on my phone?!?”

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Mitchell
    Don't tell anyone this, but Carlos was looking at an email on his new phone, and enlarged the screen because of his eyesight.But then he had to scroll side to side to read it. I gently took it from him, turned it sideways and he could see the whole sentence.
    He let out the most sincere, "Oooooooooh!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. @DeeDahLah
    I won't utter a sound about your unimprintable brain! =)

    @Michael
    Yeah, I'm getting used to it.
    And Eyal has among other things, gorgeous eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Step 4: claim victory how well he did.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thankfully, SG knew to turn his phone horizontally for a different view thanks to his experience with his iPad. One day he said, "Why is there a 37 next to my WhatsApp?!?" I said, "That's because you have 37 messages you haven't looked at." "Well, how am I supposed to know THAT?!?" "Well, for one thing, there's a 37 next to the WhatsApp icon."

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just turned my cell on for the first time since Monday. Welcome to the modern world.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......