Thursday, July 30, 2020

Bobservations

Earlier this month I mentioned to Carlos that actress Olivia de Havilland had celebrated her 104th birthday, Carlos gave me that look so I said …
“Olivia de Havilland? Gone with the WindThe Heiress? She took over Joan Crawford’s role in Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte when Crawford faked an illness? Olivia de Havilland?”
“What about her?”
Oh Carlos … but cut to the end of the month when Carlos, in the living room watching CNN, comes back to tell me that Olivia de Havilland  has died.
“Yeah. I just read that.”
“She was 104.” 
“I know. I told you that a few weeks ago and you had no idea who she was.”
“I knew her. She was in … in … Gone with the Wind!”
What role did she play?”
“She was the star.”
No, that was Vivien Leigh. Who did Olivia de Havilland  play?”
“She was … she was … one of the girls.”
That’s my Carlos, and just one of the many reasons I’m keeping him.
Like his two Daddies, Tuxedo is completely over the Covid-19 Hoax bull shiz ….


An as-yet-unnamed Minnesota man and woman followed the rules and wore masks while shopping at a Walmart. But their masks featured a Nazi flag and, needless to say, shoppers were not amused. One person yells:
"You can't be American and wear that mask. We literally had a war about this." 
The masked woman replies:
"If you vote for Biden you're gonna be in Nazi Germany. That's what it's going to be like."
No, what it’s going to be like is Nazi Ken and Karen have been banned from Walmart … every  Walmart … for a year.

Oh lord, where are they gonna get their Curs Lite and Pork rinds now?

Free Speech is free, but Hate Speech has consequences.
Oy, the week … DVR s and internet go down; the air conditioning went out; Friday we took Ozzo to the vet for a checkup and to get more heartworm meds for him, and they found two bad teeth that need to come out … to the tune of $1,000.00. I’m trying to find a way to whore out a neutered Black Lab-Dachshund mix …and then Saturday our refrigerator quit working; the freezer was all good, but the refrigerator was all, “I’m’a get hot now.’ And then Monday, after the AC guys came to replace a part and get us set again, the AC stopped working on Tuesday.

It’s been a Murphy’s Law kinda week for us, but here it is Thursday, and everything seems to be working out … except for whoring out Ozzo.

::::sigh:::
This weekend, when asked if he planned a visit to the Capitol building to pay his respects to late Congressman and Civil Rights hero, John Lewis, the Occupant of the White House said:
“No, I won’t be going. No.”
Instead he went to North Carolina.

What did you expect? He’s a racist.
In Sorry Not Sorry news … GOP governors like Greg Abbott in Texas, Doug Ducey in Arizona, Brian Kemp in Georgia, and Ron DeSantis in  Florida all saw their approval numbers drop in the wake of the _____-like bumbling of the pandemic.

When you follow stupid …
In Petty Betty News … an hour before Dr. Anthony Fauci threw the first pitch at the season opener between the New York Yankees and the Washington Nationals, the Occupant of the White House appeared in the Briefing Room to announce that he, too, had been invited to throw out his own opening pitch.

Except … no one at the White House and no one at the Yankees confirmed it. It was just the effing President acting like a spoiled baby and lying, blatantly, about the honor.

And, of course, he later tweeted that he couldn’t throw the first pitch because he was too busy working on the China virus.

He tweeted that while playing golf.
And finally, some good news … swimsuit and underwear model Alexandros Kaltsidis. I could purr that name all day.



And he’s Greek, like Kalamata Olives and Feta Cheese; I imagine he’s a delicious snack too.



Just sayin’.

1


13 comments:

  1. (Carlos) (Otto)

    Predicted to be 112 here today.
    Hope all your appliances hangeth
    in there!
    take care, xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell, girl Im still in black and veiled and will be for 6 months over Olivia...still makes me so sad. That Carlos!!!!

    Don't like or shop Walmart...but gld to see them step up like they have been doing to keep bubbas everywhere safe.

    I'm right there with you on the big purchases. I am currently looking for a new stove and frig..just because there old and I know their gonna go.

    I'm surprised trump didn't try to eat the baseball thinking it was a snack.

    Buster saysto leave Ozzo alone!!!!!! He already put up with three cats and two gays in a house and is still living to tell about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And thanks Bob...Alexandros Kaltsidis has made the temp in the house go up by 6 degress. He is so damn hot and I can see his perfect Greek "personality" coming through just fine in those swim brief's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT TWEET AND TUXEDO!

    you two have had a shitty week. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Carlos. I love El Gato Guapo and his pearls of wisdom. And Ozzo, dear sweet Ozzo. Poor widdle ting! My Bella, who had sixteen teeth removed, feels for you! I dearly hope that the lab part of Ozzo is the mother.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Oh Bob, what a horrible week you and dear Carlos have had at your casa. We have had so many of those Murphy's Law experiences we have had to rename them!
    The latest item of mega importance today was the Twitterer-in- chief referring to the possibility of moving the election because of the possibility of voter fraud by mail in ballots. Somebody save the democracy...please.
    Thank you for all you do, Bob. Your posts are excellent, informative, entertaining. What else is there really?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear there's a Dem gay man writing the chyrons at CNN.
    Carlos is a treasure.
    Tuxedo is right, as always.
    Ignorant Americans are the WORST. The stupid Walmart couple is just one example.
    And yep, it's Murphy's Law all the way. Always. Who knew doggie dentistry was that expensive!!
    Cheeto and his idiots will pay for their handling of the pandemic, if there's Karma in this world...
    Alexandros is everything I've ever wanted in an underwear model. Really.

    I love Petty Betty! Come sit with me!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Tweet of the Day says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only $1000 for Ozzo to lose two teeth? Bargain! I paid $1400 for Wolfie to lose two teeth 3 weeks ago!

    As for the demon sex doctor....she clearly has some rabid dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @TDM
    Fingers are crossed that the universe is done effing with us!!

    @MM
    Oh, believe, Ozzo is the treasure of the house. Consuelo loves to snuggle and kiss him ... when he lets her!
    And today was a good day for some Alexandros!

    @AM
    It's been a loooooong week, for sure, but I think we made it!

    @DeeDahLah
    It is quite the odd little family we have here, no?

    @Sheila
    I'm just glad we made it through, he said, fingers crossed and knocking on wood.
    And _____'s latest move is more than enough to get him and every GOPer removed from office.

    @Six
    I wanna write the chyrons for news shows!!!
    We've already paid about $1500 to have some of Ozzo's teeth pulled. i think removing his head would be cheaper ... ?

    @Debra
    Sadly, yes.

    @Helen
    This'll be Ozzo's second time tooth removal, so it does add up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a shame about the teeth...

    It ain't just Republican Governors who's approval ratings are dropping. The whole damn party looks like it's going to hell.

    Now you know why I want to go to Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We used to call that domino effect of badness the Jones Curse. It hasn't happened in a while, so I've probably just set us up.

    And Alexandros, in the blue towel, at the beach. The game is played like Clue, but instead of someone dying, someone gets lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Bob

    I dread to think how much I've spent on cat bills this month alone what with one ailment and another. I am now looking for someone to fix my roof (bits keep falling off), so I can commiserate with you for all your outgoings in a short time).

    Regards

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, god, Carlos and San Geraldo. Identical twins born many years apart (their poor mother). SO sorry about all the shit that hit you this week in addition to all the shit that's been hitting every week lately. I can't comment on any of the negative shit because, well, it's all been said. But, Alexandros. OK, first of all, I love Greek names. I used to think of changing my name to something Greek like Niko Tsismanakis. Doesn't that sound good. Anyway, I used to think about buying myself a yellow square cut or brief bathing suit. Then I saw a guy wearing one and he looked kind of like Alexandros and I said, "Never mind."

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......