Thursday, September 17, 2026

Bobservations

Sunday morning after breakfast Carlos stayed in the kitchen as I cleaned—he makes pancakes, I clean—and then announced:

“I should go change out of my cooking clothes.”

As if he dresses like Mrs. Patmore from ‘Downton Abby.’ But then he came back out dressed in a ratty t-shirt and ripped jean shorts to clean the litter boxes and I thought perhaps he does have a specific wardrobe for every chore.

How have I never noticed this before?

This Tuxedo Tale is from April 2011 and is entitled “Caturday: Leapin' Tuxedo!”

Tuxedo spots a speck of dust floating in a beam of sunlight ........

......and he's off......in a blur!

Kai Schreiber, daughter of actors Naomi Watts and Live Schreiber, has been named the Breakthrough Model of the Year award The Daily Front Row.

Kai is the first trans model to ever win that award.

The march goes on …

The Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority Board of Commissioners voted unanimously to rename Nashville International Airport after legend Dolly Parton.

The news comes after Tennessee Governor Bill Lee said he wanted to rename airport in honor of the “9 to 5” singer, whom he called “our state’s favorite daughter,” in order to “greet travelers with the enduring legacy of Dolly’s music, generosity, faith, and kindness.”

Sounds perfect.

The other night I happened to flip through the TV channels and came up the Creative Arts Emmys so I watched for a moment. And Actress Shailene Woodley won an Emmy Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series for “Paradise.” That’s her up there on the left looking cute.

Two nights later at the “real” Emmys Shailene came out to present in that outfit on the right and I lost it. The hair pulled back is giving Almira Gulch vibes from the Wizard of Oz, but then the way, way, waaaaaay lowcut blouse is giving me hooker while the sequined pants are giving me Valley of the Dolls sleepwear and the gloves are giving me Dollar Store Dominatrix.

How could you go from so right to so wrong in a matter of days??

Speaking of fashion, iconic designer Bob Mackie died this week at age 87. He began working for film costume designer Edith Head straight out of school and then branched out on his own designer for everyone from Carol Burnett—that’s Carol in the “Went With The Wind Curtain dress from her TV show—to Cher and her Serious Actress look for the Oscars to Diana Ross’ sultry gown. He also designed for Mitzi Gaynor, Tina Turner, Ann Margaret and Elton John, among many others.

Fabulous talent.

RIP sir and thanks for the looks.

And now that we have seen Sweet Looks and Hideous Looks, Costume Looks and Revenge Looks and Glamour Looks, let’s look at Cakes and how wonderful they look when paired with a simple t-shirt.

Andrea Manzoni is an Italian model who works mostly out of Paris and Milan so if you traveled to either place Would You Hit It?

7 comments:

  1. Krayolakris8:32 AM

    Bob Mackie - genius. Nothing makes me laugh like Carol Burnett’s Went With The Wind. Thanks for another great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a good laugh at today's "Tales of Carlos," "Dollar Store Dominatrix" and also that Billionaires meme. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kai Schreiber should cheer up! It's nice to smile at the camera when someone takes your picture. I am sure that you always smile for your work colleagues when they are snapping pictures of you Bob. Do they sometimes request selfies with you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, maybe Carlos is like a Method actor and needs to get in character?
    Kai is away. I’ve seen her walk. And I can’t believe ANOTHER wrong octogenarian was taken! Cankles is RIGHT THERE! And McConnell too, btw.
    They need to name even more things for Dolly. Streets, parks, buildings….

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a great supporter of a wealth tax; I pay taxes that are calculated on the money I have made in the last tax year. Why is it so dreadful that a multi-billionaire is asked to do the same?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whomsoever dressed Woodley for the Emmys telecast should be flogged and put in prison. Even if that means her.
    Very nice... every once in a while they do something right in TN.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you know we will need to know what other outfits Carlos comes up with for household chores. :)
    It's ridiculous to me that the ultra wealthy get a tax break. If the US tax code is similar to Canada's there are numerous opportunities to reduce their tax burden through legal means. When one runs out of the options, it seems to me they can pay more.
    I may have to make a trip to Nashville - it's been on a maybe list for years.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......