Recently in Bobservations I made a point about Carlos not being funny and, I will admit, he is funny some of the time but other times he completely misses the joke.
Case in point: the Empire Today TV commercial jingle. Carlos sings it every single time it comes on really mangling the word ‘Empire’ at the end in some high-pitched howler monkey squeal. Here’s that part of the ad:
The other night I was watching an FX show called ‘Adults’ about a group of roommates—think Friends with F-bombs and adult humor and better acting. One character was newly single and had gone to a bar the night before, returning home all pleased with herself that she gotten a phone number. She lay the bar napkin on the table as a trophy for all to see and sauntered away. One roomie picked up the napkin and read the number … 800-588-2300 … and all the roomies sang the ‘Empire’ part just like Carlos.
I saved it to show him that he’s not the only one mangling the Empire jingle and when he saw it he said:
“I don’t get it.”
“It’s the Empire ad and they’re singing just like you.”
“Okay.”
I got out the cartoon frying pan and gave him a good thwack.
Where are the 29% and how can I avoid going there?
ReplyDeleteLook for the red hats and turn the other way!
DeleteCruise gave an interview to GQ and he was so vague more people talked about how vague it was than about him, which was probably not his goal. Sam's interesting, maybe with a little facial hair. People are now wondering how low into the 20s Trump will go, and if he'll fall into the upper teens.
ReplyDeleteThe teens are his happy place, or so I've heard.
DeleteHA! You go, Bob.
DeleteI hope you gave Tuxedo a belly rub!
ReplyDeleteHa! Not a dull minute with Carlos, huh?
ReplyDeleteAnd jokes are culturally bound and if you’re not embedded in the culture you’ll miss them (like the Friends dig, natch).
I find that Cankles’ 29% approval rating is still way too high. Too many MAGAts.
Cake!
XOXO
Thank you for being tasteful enough not to put Tuxedo below Boebert. Ick.
ReplyDeleteI've heard somewhere that Tom Cruise is allegedly dyslexic. Maybe he's too proud or egotistical to admit it.
My inner cougar is yowling no to Sam Wartson. He's a bit too scrawny for me.
I don't think anyone who has heard that ad doesn't know that jingle. I hope that rating gets down into the teens.
ReplyDeleteYou know, for the first time since I started following here, Nope. Wouldn't hit it.
Perhaps What's Is Face can't read so he has to con someone to read to him because he doesn't want to admit the fact and has to create some fake story to cover up.
ReplyDeleteThe fact that his approval rating is that high is a testament to the stupidity of MAGAts. Makes me think of the frog put in a pot of water and brought to a boil. They don't get it until it is too late.
ReplyDeleteTuxedo was the king of relaxation.
That Jerome Bettis Pittsburgh Steeler shirt costs a whopping $227.50. The cake is probably free.
ReplyDeleteSad one has to bribe with money to get votes....instead of on merits. And the poos suckered will never see the money like you said.
ReplyDeleteAnd Lauren Robert muff diving!?!? Maybe she can go rub her titties up against Bryon Noem's!
the dog's mother
ReplyDelete(Carlos) (Tuxedo always)
xoxo :-)
And then the flattened cartoon Carlos toddled away, only to return for the next joke. Deedles mentioned Tom Cruise might be dyslexic. If that's true, he wouldn't admit it because of his so-called religion. It suggests weakness. Tuxedo could have read the books if you hadn't been too lazy to open them for him and turn the pages while feeding him treats. I hadn't thought about Boobert in a while. Please make her go away. I'll take those buns with cinnamon and icing, please.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
Carlos watching people mangle the Empire jingle the same way he does and just saying, "I don't get it," is comedy gold. Break out that cartoon frying pan! Despondent reader Tuxedo is an absolute legend, and the comment about the teens and Trump was brutal. Great Bobservations!
ReplyDelete