Friday, January 14, 2022

I Didn't Say It

MJ Rodriguez, reacting to her Golden Globe win as Best Actress  for her role as Blanca Rodriguez-Evangelista  in Pose and being the first Black transgender woman in history to win that award:

“OMG OMGGG!!!! Wow! You talking about sickening birthday present! Thank you! This is the door that is going to Open the door for many younger talented individuals. They will see that it is more than possible. They will see that a young Black Latina girl from Newark New Jersey who had a dream, to change the minds others would WITH LOVE. LOVE WINS. To my young LGBTQAI babies WE ARE HERE the door is now open now reach the stars!!!!!”

Brava, MJ, brava, and well-deserved.

photo

Franklin Graham, faux-christian, urging people to pray for Jesus to stop the Voting Rights and Social Spending Bills

“The U.S. Senate returns to session today and Democrats have said two of their highest priorities are pushing President Biden’s climate/social spending bill and working on “voting rights” legislation. These are both extremely important issues that can greatly affect our nation. Let’s start the new year off praying for these elected leaders. Join me in praying for members of our Congress, in both political parties, that God will give them wisdom and direct the decisions they make that impact all of our lives, families, and futures.”

Pray to Jesus so people of color have a tough time voting, and low-income families are pushed even further down.

Yeah, Frank, Jesus would love that. I mean, if he existed and was a Republican.

photo

Brian Kilmeade, Fox, says Thing 45 needed to “learn to lose” regarding the results of the 2020 election:

“I think that in life, you have to learn to lose. And if you did, in fact, get screwed out of this election, put together an A-team list of lawyers—not the ones we witnessed—and show us the districts and show us how. Is it anti-[Thing 45] by the media to report the fact that there is no significant evidence of widespread fraud? It isn’t.”

Cue Thing 45 meltdown on Kilmeade Any second now.

photo

Ron Johnson, GOP Senator from Wisconsin,  on why he decided to run for Senate again despite promising to impose term limits on himself:

“There are many factors [about why I changed my mind]. It wasn’t an easy decision. But I think probably the easiest way to put it is that I love America dearly. I love the American people. I love the folks in Wisconsin and I think this country is in trouble. I think Democrats in power in Washington have put us on a very dangerous path and I think I’m in a position to help improve things. It really just boils down — it’s that simple. We need to restore confidence in so many institutions within — throughout America, whether it’s in governmental agencies, whether it’s in media, in big tech. People have lost confidence. And the only way I can see restoring confidence is we need to ask a lot of questions, we need to get some answers, we need accountability. We need the truth and unfortunately the truth is being censored today at an alarming, very disconcerting rate. And so, I’m just one of those truth-tellers. I ask tough questions, I try and get answers. But when I tell the truth, the truths that the media elite, the governing elite don’t want to hear, I get censored, I get attacked, I get vilified but it doesn’t deter me. And I think we need people who are willing to seek the truth.”

In short, Ron Johnson knows he could never get as cushy a job as one where he does very little actual work and thinks he can fool the people of Wisconsin into keeping him in the Senate.

Do your job, Wisconsin, and send crazy home.

photo

Lucas Bravo, Emily in Paris, actor, complaining how hard it is to be so beautiful:

“I’m, like, this objectified overnight thing. It made me very self-aware. Because when you think about that word and the people it encapsulates, you see always a healthy, good-looking, ripped person [but] you can’t be aesthetically beautiful, and be smart or have depth. I kept getting roles like the dumb gym teacher. It’s hard to break that image. ‘I don’t want to be perfect. I’ve been working against that. In France, they don’t want good-looking. They want broken faces. I’m not complaining, of course, but it’s a reality. I think being famous is the worst thing that can happen to you. It’s just smoke. It doesn’t mean anything.”

Um, Lucas? You aren’t that hot so when you keep talking about how hot you are it looks even worse. And for the record, you are complaining.

photo

Adam Kinzinger , Illinois GOP Congressperson, refusing to be a lapdog to Thing 45 or the GOP:

"When I was six years old I became a Republican because I like the idea of strong national defense, you know, limited government," Kinzinger said. "I still believe in that. But what has changed is the use of conspiracy, the absolute lack of courage to call it out, the fear that permeates leaders of the Republican Party against a man that is basically insane, you know, sending out press releases from Mar-A-Lago. It's unrecognizable and it's sad because the Republican Party will exist and it's a major political party in the United States. We need conservative voices out there as well. But it is lost in a lot of people's minds any credibility and it's going to take a while to get it back. We have a truth crisis in this party and that is the first thing we have to get back to is truth. You can have different opinions but you can't have a different truth."

The Republican Party as we used to know it may be salvageable. Perhaps, one day the Thing 45ers and any sane Republicans will form a real Conservative Party and align with Democracy and work for the good of the country and not the good of a con artist for whom they’ve all bent over.

But that may be a long time …

photo

Tilda Swinton, gender fluid actor, on identity:

“For myself, I feel most relaxed when I think that identity is something entirely flexible, that we can choose at any moment, and that it’s nobody’s business, what we choose on any given day, but ours. It seems a bit of a waste to just put oneself in a box and cut off all one’s limbs. For me, it’s never been more interesting than to stay as flexible as possible and to just play.”

Swinton, who has 23-year-old twins Honor and Xavier with former partner John Byrne, is currently in a relationship with Sandro Kopp.

I think identity can be fluid, for those who feel that need, and isn’t so fluid for those who don’t.

Me? Gay man, through and through.

But that’s just me.

photo

9 comments:

  1. These evangelistas have a very odd idea of what Jesus wants; he has a mobile and directs them from upstairs does he?

    Ron Johnson? He needs to listen and intellectualise the answers he's given to the nonsense he spouts.

    As for Lucas Bravo - welcome to the world that many women suffer in; you just can't be beautiful and intelligent, whether a professor or a film actress. I wouldn't want to be famous for love nor money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Six year old claiming a
    political party?!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd think, with all the scam money that Franklin Graham rakes in, he could afford a better looking rug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The xtianists are power hungry and money thirsty. Nothing new there.
    There are some absolutely crazy Repugs out there. They're also hypocrites, but who' surprised?

    Love Tilda and love MJ. MJ's triumph is well deserved. Pose is great.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's time for Frankie to take that picture of white Jesus down from his wall.

    My, Lucas panties are all twisted up, aren't they?

    I like Adam. He has a future in the New Republican Party, the old one? They can't die of Covid fast enough.

    I agree with you on fluidity, it ain't for everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore MJ Rodriguez! And Tilde Swinton.

    I am grateful there are Republicans like Adam Kinziger (if there have to be Republicans). But I find it hard to believe the reasons he chose for being a Republican WHEN HE WAS 6, "... because I like the idea of strong national defense, you know, limited government..." At 6? Still, I admire his stance and honesty re: Trump and the party.

    Sorry to be unkind, but I hope Lucas Bravo is just a flash in the pan. “It’s so hard to be a beautiful, famous, overpaid actor. Poor me.”

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Tilda. Very talented.

    Adam is a small clean voice in a big pond of scum.

    Lucas who? Wow. Privilege and EGO... all on display. Nice career move.

    Ron Johnson is a turd. A dangerously stupid turd. Destroy him.

    Really? Kilmeade? A little late to cop to what everyone with half a brain figured out two days after the election. FOX hires top talent... huh?

    Graham? I don't think Sky god gives two F's about you and your political agenda. And if he did? He'd ask that the senate grant Biden what he wants. Fake Xtian.

    MJ Rodriguez.... cool.

    Thanks, Bob. Have a lovely weekend. Snow here. 6 inches. Just like prom night.



    ReplyDelete
  8. Skepticat9:47 PM

    Yes, you are, and thank goodness for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo to Kinzinger and Kilmeade. Franklin Graham (and many evangelicals nowadays) wouldn't know Jesus if they fell over him.

    I like Tilda Swinton's comment, too. I love the concept of gender fluidity, even though I don't particularly feel it myself. I think for many people, and particularly younger people, it accurately reflects their reality.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......