Thursday, January 13, 2022

Bobservations

Another tale of Carlos and Siri … the other night I was leaving work, and I texted Carlos:

“Leaving soon.”

He responded:

“OK, dinner is ready.”

“Okurrrrr.”

“OK, dinner is ready.”

“Um, you said that twice.”

“I think Siri is getting snippy with me.”

“He probably was.”

Now I have to contend with Carlos and Snippy Siri. Oy.

Once again, Tuxedo has been slogging through my Twitter feed and struck Comedy Gold!

Always remember to tip your bartender, especially if you’re going to commit arson later that night.

A tourist made a big impression in a Key West bar by running up a New Year’s Eve bar tab without leaving a tip. See, after that tourist left the bar a webcam showed him, and a couple of other vandals, set fire to a Christmas tree which also damaged Key West’s landmark buoy marking the southernmost point in the United States to the tune of $5,000.

When the video hit the news, the bartenders the tourist stiffed recognized him and informed police.

Always tip.

I got a new hat for winter but it doesn’t go with anything I own so I choose to wear it  that way.

I have a birthday coming up, and this week that little chocolate gift arrived from one of my besties, Laura, from California.

For some reason, and neither of us remembers why, I call her Nora … so, Thanks again Nora!

Emily Hernandez from Missouri has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor for entering the Capitol on January 6. Hernandez was one of the morons who posed for pictures with objects stolen from the offices of members of Congress—well, not the ones who helped plan the insurrection—and was seen holding a fragment of a sign from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office. She faces a maximum one year in prison and $100,000 fine.

And then there’s her drunk driving arrest; Hernandez was driving west in the eastbound lanes of Interstate 44 when she crashed into a car heading east. Victoria Wilson, a passenger in the car, was killed, and her husband Ryan, who was driving, was seriously injured and taken to a hospital.

In the words of MAGATs everywhere: Lock. Her. Up.

The Texas Republican Party put out an odd message on Twitter that immediately sparked a wave of criticism because it said:

“If you can wait in line for a covid test, you can wait in line to vote.”

The Texas GOP employees behind the account took note of the fast reaction to the tweet and followed up with two replies, both ignorant and clueless and rude:

“Wow, this made the pronouns in bio people big mad.”

“Masks are dumb.”

The Texas GOP has chosen to run on the very populist platform of “you should wait on long lines for everything.”

Texas, where everything is bigger, and more ignorant.

The other day as I was walking out of the Goodwill store, I noticed a woman crying because she’d just lost $200. So I gave her $40 of the $200 I’d just found.

When God blesses you, you need to bless others.

Kilian Izaak Zeugin, who simply goes by Killian Izaak, is a Swiss-Spanish model and begs the question: Would you hit it?

15 comments:

  1. I read about those morons in Key West. The video is crazy -- they're so clearly identifiable! As much as I agree with the "always tip" philosophy, I hope the bartender would have turned them in even if they DID tip. Because vandalism like that should not be tolerated no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet old Greg Abbot doesn't have to wait in line for anything - he's like the creepy villain in Scooby Doo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    That hat...
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh Karma biting the idiots in the ass? Priceless.
    Also, I love your friend and I don't know her.
    That tweet needs to be printed on a hoodie.

    And of course I'd hit it. Hard.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a snippy Siri at our house as well.
    I blame the kids.
    But she does make me laugh when I ask her to fart.
    Tipping karma strikes again.
    I also hope karma strikes Emily Hernandez.
    Hope you have a wonderful birthday, Bob!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling, that hat is fabulous...and it stands alone...you don't even need to wear anything else with it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That hat looks a little to Georgia O'Keefeish, don't you think? Kilian doesn't do a thing for me. I'd hit it, with a Mack truck maybe. I'm feeling a little churlish today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy early birthday! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Steve
    I kinda like to believe anyone in Key West would have turned in the fools who burned that iconic marker down!

    @Helen
    This may be cruel, but I'd like to BabyJaneHudson Greg Abbott down a flight of stairs.

    @Debra
    It is giving Flying Nun vibes ... perhaps Flying Monk???

    @TDM
    I really could rock that hat!
    xoxo

    @Six
    My friend Nora-Laura is a great one.
    And this Killian is totally adorable.
    xoxo

    @Mr. Shife
    Carlos has turned his Siri snippy. My Siri is sweet as pie!!
    I'm with you on Emily Hernandez.
    Nora-Laura's gift came quite early--from California--so I've decided bmy birthday celebration starts today and runs through the actual birthday and the following weekend ... January 31!

    @Maddie
    I think you're right. Why take away focus from the hat!

    @Deedles
    Put Killian in that hat and having lunch with Georgia in a Mack truck and churlish might be a good thing!

    @Michael
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!

    If you put a strap on that hat you might be able to fly! On your birthday... wearing only your birthday...

    Emily is toast.

    And Rudy? He'll end up back at the garden center with a th in each hand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That‘s a very gratifying story about the jerks in Key West. Karma.

    Rudy and his fifth. Tuxedo!

    I never thought of that fashion decision. It makes so much sense. I have a hat... and some scarves... that don’t go with anything I own. My fashion choices for the week.

    IT’SUGAR has so many great gifts. Very kind of Noralaura.

    Emily Hernandez, what a waste of space.

    What a coincidence regarding that $200. And how kind of you.

    Killian Izaak: Although I don’t have a type, he’s not it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe Rudy should check into Betty Ford and blame it on the 5th? It is only a matter of time until Siri and Alexa turn on us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. MAGAts are all over the map with their explain away of Jan. 6th. Truth hurts.

    Kilian. Hard pass.

    I love hearing about these insurrectionists. That real estate lady was on NBC claiming that the video of that day gets it all wrong... that there weren't that many people there and everybody was just nice and standing around. Denial much?

    Great hat.

    I always tip. They are in charge of my evening. Piss them off and you will not have a good time. Plus... they work really really hard.

    LOL Tux.

    Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Dave
    I quite like the idea of Rudy and Emily being cell mates and sharing drinking stories.

    @Mitchell
    Key West Karma!
    Sometimes a hat and scarf is all you need.
    I have been sharing that photo of the candy bar [not the actual candy] all around town and making people smile.
    Emily Hernandez is everything wrong with this country in one MAGAt.

    @Travel
    Thankfully we have no Alexa, I shudder to think what that would be like!

    @upton
    Those insurrectionists wanted to attack the Capitol but now say they didn’t because they got caught. Effing snowflakes.
    Is that a HARD pass, or a hard PASS?
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......