Thursday, December 09, 2021

Bobservations

Some of you may remember the day I got a strange call about a “Health Alert” alarm regarding my father, and how I tried calling him all day, both home and cell phone, and couldn’t get through. I came very close to calling the police in his town to check on him, but then I found him at home and everything was fine and he didn’t know why we had gotten the alert.

Well, this week, while I was at work, Carlos called to tell me we got another “Health Alert” on my dad, and again we called his house and his cell and again we got no answer. I called; Carlos called; no response. I asked Carlos to call the police and they did a check; no one was home and my Dad’s truck was gone and the driveway gate was closed, all normal things; the police even said there had been no reports of accidents so, for now, it all seemed fine. Except we didn’t know where my dad was, so I called the hospital in Newport and as I was waiting, Carlos called; Dad was home, he had been running an errand and blah blah blah … again.

So, I called my Dad and chewed his ass out, telling him when he is not at home I want his cell phone on, and here’s the story of the “alert”:

My Dad has a Health Alert system, but it had some issues so he canceled the service and was told he needed to FedEx the system back to the company. He boxed up the system, loaded it and his dog into the truck and took off to the nearest FedEx office, a couple of towns away. But, he had set the box on the floor of the car while driving and his dog stepped on it, which sounded the alarm, called my house, and set all this in motion to scare the bejeesus outta me.

I told my Dad I’m’a need a health Alert button just to get through this.

Tuxedo wonders why anyone would need a gun when you can just get a cat with a punum like his; that face alone tells you to stop what you’re doing right now!

Over at Amazon, the bestselling LGBTQ+ Book on their site is Johnny the Walrus, a hateful picture book by Matt Walsh that compares the gender identities of trans youth to a young boy who imagines he is a walrus.

Amazon ALLEGEDLY mislabeled the book into its LGBTQ+ Books section and, as a result, is promoting harmful anti-trans views to its consumers interested in LGBTQ stories.

Just one more reason to boycott Amazon, though I didn’t need one. Jeff Bezos.

Flori-duh Governor Ron DeSantis announced a series of steps to improve drainage, raise sea walls and take other steps to fight defend Florida against rising sea levels .

But he says “climate change” and “global warming” are used as a “pretext to do a bunch of left-wing things.”

Then why all the effort to fight rising sea levels, which are a result of both climate change and global warming you unhinged ignorant tool.

A 10-month-long review of Wisconsin’s 2020 election, conducted by the Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty, an ultra-conservative group, has revealed no signs of widespread or significant election fraud.

And that means Thing 45 lost Wisconsin again.

Pope Francis has accepted the resignation of Michel Aupetit, the archbishop of Paris, because the monsignor could no longer effectively govern thanks to the “gossip” about his relationship with a woman a decade ago.

But Priests who rape children … ? 

You cannot make this stuff up, but Robert Gieswein, a member of the Three Percenters militia group accused of assaulting police officers at the Capitol on January 6, is seeking his pretrial release from jail because, and this is rich, it’s “not healthy” to be “stuck in a bubble” with other insurrectionists who share his views.

Um, Gieswein? You should’a thought about that before committing treason, you asshat.

Way to go Chile!

By overwhelming majorities in both chambers, lawmakers in that country legalized same-sex marriage this week in a landmark victory for LGBTQ+ rights activists that underscores how profoundly the country’s politics and society have shifted in the past decade.

Chile is now the 31st nation to allow same-sex marriage.

Ponysaurus Brewing Company, a Durham, North Carolina  brewery has launched a fundraiser for the LGBTQ+ community in the wake of rabidly homophobic comments made earlier by Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson. A portion of profits from each pint of its "Don't Be Mean to People" beer will be donated to the LGBTQ+ community:

"The Lt. Governor said some not very nice things. But Don’t Be Mean to People believes in the goodness of everyone. So we know in his heart he doesn't believe other North Carolinians are 'filth.' We’re so sure of it, we’re helping to fund the good work that could be his greatest act in public office. That’s right—a portion of profits from every pint of Don't Be Mean To People will go to help the LGBTQ+ community grow, thrive, and find acceptance. All in the name of his illustrious title."

I’m getting thirsty for some Don’t Be Mean to People.

This week we discovered MaxGoldberg had a snaggle tooth sticking out of his mouth, so off to the vet we go, to be told that his tooth is loose and needs to come out. The vet prepares an estimate for the extraction, which will require blood work, anesthesia, perhaps more than one extraction, and hands us the cost breakdown” $982.00. Clearly she saw the look of shock on our faces and said:

“It looks like it may come out on its own if you want to wait a few days. Call me on Thursday if it hasn’t and we’ll see what next steps we need.”

Wednesday night Max is staring at me, snaggletooth sticking out, and I think, let me get a picture of this crazy mess before we take him bath to the vet, and as I set the camera on him to snap a photo, he sneezes and blows the tooth on my leg.

And we saved nearly a thousand dollars!

A couple of years ago that I spent over a month at my Dad’s helping him recover from surgery and he got me hooked on Yellowstone … think Dynasty on a ranch or Dallas on a real ranch. Anyway, one of the cowboys, played by Taylor Sheridan caught my eye and then I realized he is also the creator and writer for the show, and a hot nugget of a cowboy.

And that begs the question: Would You Hit It?

14 comments:

  1. What a very fortunate sneeze - props to Max Goldberg - sounds like US vets are as money grubbing as the ones on this side of the pond (our family run vets has been bought up by a venture capitalist company!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think snaggletoothed cats are the cutest!!!! They look like their up to something...which no doubt he is.

    Let ron's state get overtaking by flooding when the sea starts invading the land....the dumbshit. It's people like him why this earth is in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can no longer look at that face either. Glad your dad is OK. I need "Tech Alert" for when I have a fit trying to do what should be (or used to be) a simple task on the computer. And how do you find the time/energy to keep up with the culture and to write about it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. (hugs to all!!)
    I agree, a Tech Alert, or a
    way to transport youngest son
    across the mountains.
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Mom had one of those health alert buttons and we could only get rid of it after she moved into a senior living facility. There were several contracts she could have signed, and, of course, they signed her up for the one that be most financially beneficial to Health Alert.

    The mislabeling at Amazon is probably true. There's another Dave Snyder who publishes Cracker Jack Crazy religious tracts, and I have to go in every few months and have them removed from my account because... Dave Snyder. I don't doubt Walsh did everything in his power to make his book seem like a wholesome children's book rather than the shit it truly is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "After the event" that's pure comedy gold about your dad! Glad he's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize it was Taylor Sheridan either until I looked up that character after he was giving Jimmy a bunch of grief on their way to Texas. I got roped into Yellowstone as well and hate to admit that I like it but it does get a little over the top sometimes. I think I need to look into Don’t Be Mean to People beer. Maybe I can buy some and donate to the cause even though I am in Idaho? Hope your week is going well, Bob, and glad you saved a 1000 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bless Max Goldberg. $1,000 to pull a cat’s tooth?!? I don’t get it. So what are you going to buy with your thousand dollar windfall. (That’s how WE manage our money.)

    Yeah, I’d need a health alert button, too!

    As for Taylor Sheridan, the jury is still out. I had never heard of him before and these few photos don’t do it for me. Maybe I’ll find a bit of Yellowstone and see what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, MaxGoldberg, for saving the boys a ton of money!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Helen
    We were a day away from paying to have that tooth pulled so Max saved the day, and many coins!

    @Maddie
    Max was kinda cute with his tooth sticking out of his mouth; he looked a little drunk.
    I find DeathSantis’ lunacy appalling that he asks for money to fight the effects of climate change but doesn’t believe climate change is real or happening.

    @Frank
    I find little nuggets and save them in a Word doc and then write about them when I have a minute; some take much longer to do, and some are simple enough for a Bobservation!

    @TDM
    Luckily we’re all back to as normal as we can be!
    xoxo

    @Dave
    My Dad’s AF insurance covered it, but he didn’t much care for some of the bells and whistles, especially when they make his son go apeshit!
    I just don’t understand how someone can think an anti-trans book belongs in LGBTQ+; they need a Hate Speech sections for that shiz.

    @Treaders
    I laughed AFTER though I was panicked DURING!

    @Mr.Shife
    I was surprised to find him an actor and the writer-creator of the show, and it does veer very far into soap opera at times.
    You may be able to order Don’t Be Mean brews online!
    Yay to Max for dropping that incisor in my lap!

    @Mitchell
    I was gonna try to pimp Max out to pay for his extraction because they are so expensive.
    I tried to find better phots, but it was him walking and talking and riding and roping that, oy, heated up my lower Forty.

    @Debra
    He was a terror, though, when it came to the oral antibiotics; he gave us a run for our money trying to get that into him!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore A Wreath of Franklins... classic.

    I'd slap Taylor a bit and then tell him to go shovel my walk.

    Hope Max Goldberg is doing well. Our fur babies... we'd do anything we could to help them.

    Surprised that Mark Robinson has not been forced to resign. You represent all the people, or you go say hateful things in a building that pays no taxes.

    Chile! Cool. I still can't believe this is an issue anywhere, but yay.

    January Sixers - rot in hell.

    That goes for the Catholic church, too.

    And the orange ogre. And Wisconsin.

    And Ron DeSantis. Azz wipe.

    Why is Amazon selling a hateful book? Why is this even on their site? Shame.

    I don't understand gun nuts. They are over compensating.

    Your Dad... you're a good son. Stay in there and keep helping. It's what we do on this side of things.

    Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of good one's this morning. Florida has really gone off the deep end since I left.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @upton
    I'd ride Taylor all over that ranch!
    MaxGoldberg is doing very well now, even with less teeth!
    Amazon can FOAD.
    I try to be a good son, and I had a good example of one growing up.
    xoxo

    @Travel
    Flori-duh says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's so much I could comment on here -- but suffice to say the cat sneezing his tooth onto your leg is the best story I've heard in a while!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......