Thursday, September 26, 2019

Bobservations


Carlos and I have an ongoing joke-battle about the kinds of TV shows we each watch. He likes a lot of what I call The Nerd Shows—How It’s Made, Monster Ship, Contact, etc.—while I like dramas and scary shows and what he calls Stupid Tv—like most, but not all, Real Housewives shows. Not that they aren’t all stupid, it’s that I don’t watch all Housewives franchises. New Jersey? Atlanta? Fuhgeddaboudit.

One show we agree on is Jeopardy, and this week, watching an episode, a question in the category ‘Ferdinand’ was this one:
“With a pick axe blow in 1859 Ferdinand de Lesseps began construction of this.”
And I quickly answered:
“The Suez Canal.”
And I was correct. So, I paused the show and said to Carlos:
“You know how I knew that? Well, on one of the Stupid TV shows I watch, way back about ten years ago, was The Real Housewives of New York, and Luann, the Countess de Lesseps was one of the housewives and told the story of how one of her husband’s grandfather built the Suez Canal!
“Not so Stupid TV now is it?”
Sometimes, rarely, but sometimes, Stupid TV is a better educational tool than Nerd TV.

Just sayin’.
I’ve had a crush on actor Tuc Watkins since he was on One Life to Life a hundred years ago, and I find actor Andrew Rannells brilliantly funny and talented.

And I love the fact that these two are a new couple, who’ve announced their Coupledom via social media.

I find them adorable. I find Tuc’s pecs adorable, too.
Speaking of adorable, Jacksonville Jaguars rookie quarterback Gardner Minshew has received a $1 million offer from adult cam website Cam Soda because Minshew is ALLEGEDLY known for doing his pre-game stretching in a jock strap or nude and Cam Soda would like to film it.

And I’d like to sign up for it.
The day the transcript of _____’s call to the Ukrainian president was released, the White House emailed talking points to allies of the president; talking points meant to show that he isn’t the biggest lying cheating traitor ever.

But, since this is the _____ White House, and shit hits the fan at a record pace, the email was also sent to many, many House Democrats who are set to start an impeachment inquiry.

Seriously? This White House is the hottest mess ever!
I didn’t do an Emmys recap because half the shows that are nominated or win I have never seen because we don’t do Netflix and Hulu and Amazon and whatever other streaming channels exist. And, also, the show as boooooooring, except for this …

Kim Kardastrophe and her sister Kendall Jenner were to present an award and instead, well, this happened: the Category was Reality TV Host and Kim started by saying:
"Our family knows first-hand how truly compelling television comes from real people, just being themselves."
And before Kendall could recite her lines, the audience … laughed.

Kardastrophes. Real TV. Bwahahahahaha. And boy did Kim look confused, while Kendall looked pissed.

I kept backing up the DVR and listening, and laughing, again and again.
Don’t hold your breath that this will turn out the way it’s written, but NBC has acquired a comedy about a gay father and son from writers Nick Lehmann and Matt Hubbard.

This new show, called Like Son, Like Father will center on Nick, an out and proud gay man, who finds himself in the unenviable position of being his newly out father’s gay mentor and roommate.

I won’t hold my breath that the show will run as written because NBC has a history of “straightening” gay characters, as they did a few years ago with Rise, a story inspired by high-school teacher Lou Volpe, who was closeted and eventually came out later in life. In the NBC show they made the character straight because, well, some bullshit reason about stories because, you know, we gays don’t have stories.

Just sayin’ NBC.
Alaska now joins Nevada, South Carolina and Kansas in cancelling the GOP presidential primary in 2020 because they don’t want to annoy, bother, make fun, show the world that some Republicans hate,_____.

So, if you’re a Republican in those states and you want to cast a vote for anyone one else, the GOP is taking your vote away.

How wonderful for you, eh?
Bruno Endler. He’s a Brazilian model with a face to die for … I mean look at that profile!


And Bruno can wear a suit, even a birthday suit, better than anyone else.


And he can rock the briefs. Thanks Bruno, I needed that.


Just sayin'.



14 comments:

  1. I'm with Mrs Betty Bowers; our very own loudmouth had the gall to say that MP Jo Cox, murdered because of her siding with the remain/Brexit brouhaha, would want us all to get on with Brexit, crashing out at the end of next month with no deal which could see lack of food on grocery shelves and lack of medication (including insulin) for those that need it (like me). Nice going playground bully Alexander Boris Pfeffel Johnson who has enough money to manage while the cost of necessities go up. Pfeffel, unlike most of us in the UK, probably has private health care....but then he can afford it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore you and Carlos! My taste in television seems to fall between the two of you. I don't watch "real" housewives from anywhere. I'm a real housewife, (okay homemaker, I'm not married to my house) and I don't need to see any of this fantasy reality crap.
    I love Jeopardy, but sometimes Alex Trebec makes me miss the late Art Fleming. He just talks too much. The categories have gotten a little boring too. Just my two cents, since the screen stopped just short of the "BlogSpot is not responding" point. Yay!
    The man candy is sweet and spicy! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a teenager, I learned to tie my tie from watching Different Strokes, so you never know what you will pick up lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Steven
    TV can be educational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pretty much only watch BBC and public tv, and American Horror Story and that's about it. And I mean the FX show, not the news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU, MRS. BETTY BOWERS!

    "compelling television comes from real people, just being themselves." - BITCH PLEASE! EVERYTHING on/about you and your fucked-up family is FAKE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Carlos)
    Gardner Minshew is from our very own WSU.
    They never talked about his stretching routine
    then... ;-)
    xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you are basically ME when watching tv but I do Netflix and Hulu all the time! The Kardastrophe is my word of the day!
    And yes, I’d pay to watch him in a jockstrap, that Brazilian modes DOES have a profile I’d like to explore closely and Andrew arandela has all my envy right now.
    Btw, the cartoon of the elephant sucking his own... trunk? Priceless.

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad all your "Housewives" viewing FINALLY paid off, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't watch TV, thoug I do have Netflix and Amazon Prime.

    It doesn't make a difference if Alaska cancels their primary, after this week no one's going to show up anyway.

    Minshew's cute, but I don't think he'll do it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Helen
    Hopefully we can rid ourselves of ours, and you can do the same.
    Your Boris is our _____.

    @Deedles
    We are cute, Carlos and me, aren't we?
    And Bruno makes everything better.

    @MM
    I love the BBC too.

    @AMday!
    I wanted to keep just that clip of Kardastrophe so I could go for a laugh whenever I needed one!

    @TDM
    I'm more than a little curious about the, ahem, stretching!

    @Sixpence
    I will give credit for Kardastrophe to Margaret Cho, who said it first.
    And the self-sucking elephant I found by accident online and saved it for days like today.

    @Debra Knowledge can be found everywhere, eh?

    @Dave
    I'd be stunned if her did it, but the offer is a nice thought!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Jeopardy although not a fan of Trebek. Anyway, I learned about Jean Lafitte from Capn Crunch commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ... And Boris Godunov from Rocky and Bullwinkle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Mitchell
    It's ALL educational. It's just how you look at it!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......