Thursday, May 27, 2010

You Reject ME? I Reject YOU!



Once again, ExxonMobil steers way clear of equal rights for all their employees.

At this year's shareholders meeting just 22% voted in favor of adding sexual orientation to the company's nondiscrimination policy; that means, 78% of ExxonMobil shareholders deemed LGBT employees as "less than". This is a shift in the wrong direction, seeing as last year 40% were in favor of amending the nondiscrimination policy.

ExxonMovil is one of the few companies ranked by the Human Rights Campaign with a score of zero.

Before the merging, Mobil had a gay-inclusive nondiscrimination policy and domestic-partner benefits, but after the merger with Exxon those policies ended. As did any chance that I will purchase so much as a soft drink, much less gas, from any station with an ExxonMobil sign out front. They don't want to protect my rights in their company, I don't want their stinking gas in my tank.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:24 AM

    Make me glad there is a Lukoil, Khout and Irving station near to me.

    But then I don't own a car so it's not a big deal.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......