Friday, May 07, 2010

The Good, The Bad, The Oprah

Since Project Runway has completed its season, I've been missing the chance to see some beautiful clothes, and some, well, downright fugly things. So, I was pleased to see that Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala, provided me with a much needed fix.
Let's rip.

The Hottest:

Tom Brady, with some woman. A dominatrix, I think.
I tried to crop her out but it wasn't happening.
Tom Brady.
Hot.Damn.

The Good:
Eva Longoria Parker. Old Hollywood glam.
Rockin' the train!
Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale.
She's hot. He's hotter.
I'm hot'n'bothered.
The Meh:
Anne Hathaway.
Love me some Annie, but, hon, the Princess Diaries are over.
Jennifer Lopez.
Nice dress.
Too much Botox.

The Bad:
Blake Lively.
Streetwalker chic.
Not.
Emma Watson from Harry Potter.
Bedsheet chic.
Not.
Chloe Sevigny.
This is what a marionette wears.
To a bad puppet show.
January Jones.
An anatomically correct mess. Seriously.
Study it.
Jessica Biel and her best gal-pal, Justin Timberlake.
Yeah, they look good together.
Which way is the exit?
Katy Perry.
Neon only looks good on....
Oh, hell, neon never looks good.

Kristen Stewart.
Next RuPaul's Drag Race.
Seriously, I'd look better in that dress.
Even if it is strapless and that makes me look a little linebacker.
Mary J. Blige.
Looks like she raided Aretha Franklin's closet for something from the Spanish Harlem period.

Nicole Richie?
Morticia Adams.
Taylor Swift.
The prom is next door, dear.
The Oprah:
Oprah? Honey?
A skirt of bows? Really?
Who said you could pull off a giant hoop-skirt festooned with bows.
This ain't a Mardi Gras float, honey.
Whoosh.
I fell better.

7 comments:

  1. Can i get Tom Brady & Gavin Rossdale to go, please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bodice on Oprah's dress - any extra tension and Homeland Security would have been called to the Met.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:55 AM

    The Katy Perry dress was actually lined with neon lights! It looks kinda cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:52 PM

    Wow, I haven't seen that much drag in one place since my car got stuck in a ditch!

    And Oprah ain't going TO the prom. She IS the prom. Holla!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oprah was doing a practice run for her Macy's day float!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol, I like Oprah's dress

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:03 PM

    Oh my Gawd. What in the world was Kristin Stewart thinking with that dress?

    Tom Brady looked cute but I still get that vibe that I have to hide my sisters whenever the Patriots come to town.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......