Thursday, March 21, 2024

Bobservations

Last night I was watching the new season of Top Chef and Carlos came out and sat down so I told him about the show. I looked over and he was out. I said:

“What’cha doin’ sleepy?”

“I’m not sleepy. I was listening to you.”

“What did I say?”

“They’re cooking something …”

And this started a conversation we have quite often where Carlos falls asleep and I tell him that means he’s tired and should go to bed, and he, like a kid, says he’s not tired and wants to stay up a bit longer.

“Go to bed!”

So off he went at about 10PM and I followed about a half hour later; he was out like a light, a slight snore—either from him or Rosita—filled the room.

This morning, over breakfast, he says:

“I was tired last night. I’m glad I went to bed early.”

“You WENT to bed? I TOLD you to go to bed.”

“I don’t recall it like that.”

He’s such a child.

This Tuxedo Memory is from April 10, 2015when we had some weird wild weather here in Camden and Tuxedo was not playing:

#TooHot4Tuxedo

We went from the cold, with the heater on last Sunday, to running the AC on Wednesday because we were nearing ninety-degrees outside.

And Tuxedo was not having it ....”

I love his ‘Woe is me’ pose!

The American Bible Society will be closing down its Faith and Liberty Discovery Center in Philadelphia, just three years after the $60 million museum opened.

The ABS announced that the center was ending operations on April 1 after struggling from the jump, receiving just $54,000 in ticket sales for the tax year of July 2021 to June 2022, while reporting total expenses of around $11 million.

I guess God saw what they were selling and even She was buying it.

I love all these moans and whines about inflation and eggs and gas and everything else, but please to explain why people are paying hundreds … hundreds … of dollars for a canvas Trader Joe’s tote that costs just $3.00 originally.

Seriously people. First it was the Stanley cups and now this.

Maybe it’s like Swifty, who rerecorded all her albums  to 'reclaim' ownership of copyright in the master recordings of her musical works, following their sale by her former management company.

But then her fans, who had already purchased her music, purchased the new rerecordings, and then they paid for her Eras tour, and then they paid to see the Eras movie and now they’re paying to see the latest version of the Eras movie.

There’s a sucker born every minute.

Republicans on the House Oversight Committee tabled a motion to subpoena Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of, and former White House adviser to Mr-Former-Fake-One-Term-Twice-Impeached-Currently-Four-Time-Criminally-Indicted-Not-My-President-Gurl.

See, the GOP doesn’t give a damn that, while, working for the US government Jared Kushner and his husband Ivanka made some $2,000,000,000 from the Saudis when they are busy trying to prove that Joe Biden made $50,000 on a Hunter Biden deal.

That sounds about right, eh?

Arizona’s House Education Committee advanced a bill to allow public school teachers and administrators to post and discuss the Ten Commandments in the classroom.

This is Christian Nationalism at work, people, and it must be stopped.

We are a nation with Freedom of, and from, Religion.

I saw this on Facebook and it fits the South to a T:

“I know Mother Nature is going to put the South in an oven this Summer, We just got seasoned with Pollen and then stuck right back in the refrigerator to marinate.”

Funny, cuz it’s true.

In high-larious news, Mr-Former-Fake-One-Term-Twice-Impeached-Currently-Four-Time-Criminally-Indicted-Not-My-President-Gurl has not been able to get a bond to secure the $464 million fraud judgment against him.

Funny, a billionaire doesn’t have the cash on hand, and funnier that no one wants to help him because they know he’ll never pay that money back.

Özkan Görmez is a model and actor, or maybe a scientist, I don't know; but this is mostly me wondering, Would You Hit It?

28 comments:

  1. Like Carlos, I've been fighting sleep since I was three years old; I haven't voluntarily taken a nap since then (drove my mom to distraction); and I get up early and stay up late. It's a curse, but it's me. If I got to bed during the day time, Tim immediately starts taking my temperature and checking my pulse. I'm not a Taylor Swift fan in any sense of the word, but I've watched her over the past few months and give credit where due: she's mobilizing the youth to vote; she's given vast sums of money to charities; and appears to be a happy individual. That she's also a good businessperson just says she's smart. I also think she tends to be mean and vindictive but that's only part of who she is. It took me a long time to figure that out. Freedom of vs Freedom from: we've always been able to pray in schools, and learn about religion in school. No one took those rights away. What they did take away is being forced to learn one religion and no other. It's supposed to be an open discussion. So while "you" tell me about your god-fearing viewpoint, I'm going to tell "you" about my own paganism earthcentric viewpoint. And we'll both come out better for having learned something. Maybe. We're having another snow event (that's what they call them now) up in the middle of New York state. It's called Third Winter in the cycle of the 12 seasons. Much like second breakfast, it's short and to the point. The next season is mud season and I can't wait for that one to be over. Take care, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll give Swifty props for getting young people out to vote, but not for conning her fans into buying all her merch, and the buying it again in new packaging.
      I don't begrudge anyone their faith or beliefs, so don't begrudge me for having mine.
      It's that simple. Respect for other's rights and opinions.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. A spark of truth in there I think!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha Oh, Carlos!
    I cannot imagine how hard you have to stop yourself from cackling.
    And I'm giddy because Mango Mussolini may have to give up Trump Tower and hopefully more properties to pay for his megalomania. Couldn't happen to a worse person.
    As for Taylor Swift, I find her music cute. Don't own any of it, but I can understand the Swifties. After all, until recently, I had every Madonna maxi single ever sold. So there's that.
    And you know the GQP does not give a rat's ass about corruption in the Cheeto White House. They're in it with him!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My issue with Swifty is the reissuing and the repackaging and the rebranding of stuff she's already done, slapping a new title on it, and making more coins.
      Even Madonna doesn't do that!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Anonymous11:14 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo forever)
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Özkan Görmez ....yes....Id hit it!!!! And he me!!!!

    I love Trader Joe's but anyone paying that much for a tote....is either stupid or senseless or both!!!

    I've said it's pretty sad when a billionaire has to have GoFundMe pages to pay his bills. As I said to Dave if he supposedly so rich why is he begging for money like the homeless Corner person? And the idiot supporters give him money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a little something-something about Özkan that I'd like to put my finger, and so much more on.
      I cannot with these must-have items that are just totes or water bottles. It makes no sense other than proving there are suckers all over the place.
      He ain't rich; and I cannot wait to see his properties seized.

      Delete
  6. Cleora Borealis11:43 AM

    Someone reminded me yesterday that the Ten Commandments are not Christian; they're Hebrew. Yet, we never hear these folks wanting to put the Sermon on the Mount up on the wall. That actual Christian stuff is way too loving and humble for them...not enough forceful demands!!
    🤔 I never question your choices on "Would You Hit It?" but today's selection looks overcooked and plastic, so just sayin' but it ain't my business!
    👸 Tuxedo really hit ultimate drama queen in today's photo!! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Özkan isn't for everyone, and that's okay!
      Tuxedo, on the other hand .... gorgeous! And dramatic!

      Delete
  7. aussieguy1:18 PM

    Trader Joe's...Stanley cups...Beanie Babies anyone?

    Your Carlos story is one practically any committed couple can relate to. I WASN'T SLEEPING!

    And obviously, math is not high on the GOP school curriculum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything old and ridiculously collectible, is new again.

      Delete
  8. Wouldn’t it be truly funny if that was the actual conversation in that last image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate Putin as much as I hate Kale, but I like the picture where he is laughing wth the Saudi Arabian (?) over Trump asking for money.
    School is no place to be teaching and discussing the ten commandments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus, if Hair Furor got a loan from Putin or the Saudis and was reelected this Fall, he'd be compromised as an asset to either Russia or Saudi Arabia.
      Separation of Church and State; it's THAT simple!

      Delete
  10. Kale the vegetable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I got that ... I like Kale. 😁

      Delete
  11. Funny how some Christians are so un-Christian.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder what will happen when he cannot get the money he needs. Like always, he'll somehow get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Letitia James begins seizing his assets; that'll hurt his ego.

      Delete
  13. My sweet bear, can snore for an hour in the living room, then go to bed and be wide awake for 3 or 4 hours. I almost always fall asleep in seconds, I have gotten better at it as I have gotten older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say that Carlos falls asleep quickly, even during Hurricane Katrina; seriously!

      Delete
  14. Did you see that good ole Jared thinks it a swell idea to chuck all Palestinians into the Negev desert and build expensive beachfront houses along the Mediterranean shore of Gaza to make oodles of money?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Jared is like his con artists father, his grifter wife, and his criminal daddy-in-law, he wants to make his coins screwing the little people.

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......