Thursday, March 14, 2024

Bobservations

Carlos uses something called Voice Over on his phone to read his texts and to also read emails and websites on the phone to him. The other day he got a text and his phone told him; Carlos asked to have the text read and it was, and then Voice Over told him he had one unread text from Bob and asked if Carlos wanted it read.

“No.”

I was sitting in the room and told him it was a text I’d sent a few days earlier when I was on my way to pick him up from somewhere and he called to tell me he’d arranged a ride home. As I was on my way, I texted back:

“I’m almost there.”

And so I picked him up and drove him home. The following week we were having some plumbing work done in the house and I texted:

“How are the repairs going?”

He replied:

“This early?”

“What does that mean? Is Craig still working on the plumbing?”

“Yes, but he went to Lowes to get a part.”

“Okay.”

Cut to a few hours later and Carlos texts me:

“I thought you were coming home?”

“No. I’m here until four, and then I’m coming home.”

“You told me you were coming home.”

It took me a minute to realize that since Carlos hadn’t asked Voice Over to read him my texts from a few days earlier, the one I sent on Saturday wasn’t read until Monday and he thought it was a new text saying:

“I’m almost there.”

We went round and round on when that text was sent and when it was read.  Technology is a good thing … if you use it.

This Tuxedo Memory is from March 2015and is entitled “It's A Thin Line Between Utter Boredom and Sheer Joy” because … look at that face!

Oy, I miss that face.

When they presented the acting awards at last weekend’s Oscar’s they brought out five past winners in each category to introduce this year’s nominees. When it was time to present Best Actor, one of the former winners was Matthew McConaughey who looked a little too much like a beloved comic character, Fire Marshall Bill.

Someone needs to lay off the spray tan, stay out of the tanning bed, and ease up on the teeth whitening.

Alright? Alright? Alright!

Someone needs to hold her down because when Maddie sees this all Hell will break loose:

Crocs. Not just for your feet anymore.

A new word has joined our lexicon in light of the so-called Christians trying to use their faith to lead this country, and that word is:

Evangenitals; noun

evan-gen-i-tals: fundamentalist Christians who are constantly interested in what’s in someone else’s pants.

Use it proudly.

John Cena was a nice semi-nude welcome to the Oscars this past Sunday, and that meme put it perfectly; but then I found this photo of what Cena was hiding behind the Oscar envelope:

No wonder he needed a big envelope!

Madonna once again put her foot in her mouth, this time during a concert in California when, from the stage, she called out a concertgoer for sitting down:

“What are you doing sitting down over there? What are you getting [by] sitting down?”

It took a moment before Madge’s ego stepped aside and she could see that the seated concertgoer was, ahem, in a wheelchair. And once she realized her error she attempted to apologize:

“Oh, OK. Politically incorrect. Sorry about that. I'm glad you are here.”

Not politically incorrect, but kinda rude, because there is no law that says concertgoers must stand during a Madge performance.

This past Monday afternoon one of the most influential LGBTQ+, HIV/AIDS activists and political strategists in our community passed away.

David Mixner, 77, was a longtime formidable presence in both Democratic progressive political circles and within his beloved LGBTQ+ community.

RIP David and thanks for fighting with us and for us.

This is British actor and model Danny Griffin, but it’s not about any of that; it’s just Would You Hit It?


34 comments:

  1. LOL. That last one? That there is a perfect description of all the rethuglicans promoting Thing 45.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why allow foreigners to rape our women when we have homegrown rapists of our own???

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:44 AM

    the dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo always)
    Yes, that last one!!!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that Tuxedo.
      Still tugs my heart.
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. JESUS H CHRIST, JOSEPH AND MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!? WHAT??????? What in HELLL is this!!!!!!! And WHO IN FRESH HELL is buying it??????? SIGH. Bob hold my earrings and wig....Im going to slap the hell out of the designer and Crap , ERR.... CROC company!!!! CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!! Looks stiff as a board and probably just as bad for your body!!!!!! OH MY GAWD! What next, the chaise lifts for storage of one's Croc's!!!!!!!!!! I feel unwell....the distaste.... an affront to the very delicacy of my nature.

    And Madonna should always carry a bottle of water to wash that foot down with. She proves this is why the gene pool needs a lifeguard.

    BUT I can't UNSEE THAT SOFA! THose sons of Bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm going to need my fainting chaise and a bromide....with gin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Calm down Auntie Noxie before you have a stroke (and not the good kind)! Use your imagination. Picture that thing as something else. I certainly did. I rounded out the arms and changed the color of the thing and whammo it became an erotic sculpture of Balder Half's other half! This is an image that works for me. You can picture someone else, of course.

      Delete
    2. I hated to show that to you, but I think you need to see these things so you can work against them! And I will join you in the fight against Croc Sofas!

      Delete
    3. Calm down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The gin and the downers are helping. Finally. But my corneas are still burning. And Duchess Deedles!!!! You got my reference!!! You are a queen!

      Delete
    4. So you don't want me to order one for you?

      Delete
  4. Yay for footwear! Birkenstocks and that Croc sofa -- hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will say, watching the show, I also noticed the Birkenstocks.

      Delete
  5. I have Voice Over on my phone and never use it because it stumbles terribly when it gets to an obscenity. Cena is... nice. Thank you for that sofa... or what ever it is. And I see so many overly whitened teeth when I work. Someone should tell these people they have a problem when their teeth are white than the urinal I piss in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos' stays away from the obscenities.

      Delete
  6. That last one-perfection! I sat thru a cringy clip of that woman just so I could appreciate the SNL clip. Again, perfection.
    I never watch the Oscars anymore. Mainly because I've rarely seen the nominated movies and I can't stand the speeches.
    I would hit Mr. Griffin into next week, and he would enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Katie Brittle is really off the wingnut charts!

      Delete
  7. John Cena gave me the feels cause I really, really like big beefy bruisers. He does not take himself seriously and that's extremely sexy.
    Poor Mads. How do you DO that??? I just read her comment. LMAOOO

    Evangenitals???
    Absolutely correct.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cena is a big beefy LGBTQ+ ally, as well, which makes him even hotter.
      Madge. Stop.
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. I cringed throughout the clips I saw of Katie Watserface doing the rebuttal last week (would you buy a diamond crucifix from this woman?) I thought Scarlett Johannsen did it so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britt was so bad it was laughable, except for the fact that she and the GOP believe every word she said!

      Delete
  9. Anonymous11:50 AM

    The Oscars were more entertaining this year, though I do miss Joan River's red-carpet show. Jimmy Kimmel's dig at Trumpy was great ! Ryan Gosling and Da'Vine Joy Randolph were among the highlights of the show.
    And John Cena filled his glued-on codpiece well :)
    That croc shoe sofa and Brittle Katie have got to go.

    Bob, thank you for going on with your blog during these trying times, we need more lights in the darkness. -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just do what I can and as long as I still enjoy blogging, I'll keep it up. But, thanks!

      Delete
  10. Cleora Borealis12:02 PM

    I do not understand rock concerts! I spent a shitwad of money on my seat and I'm not supposed to use it?! I paid the performer to wear themself out, not me! Yah, I get up and move during certain times to emphasize pleasure in certain songs, but nobody thrills me enough to stand always!! For a performer to demand it is way outta line!! Yah, I'm a geezer now but I've been cranky about this for 50 years!!
    😻 Ah, Tuxedo, my dear...what devil's work were you planning as you stretched out on that sill? I shudder to think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madge is more fond of herself than her fans are, I think.
      Tuxedo. That face gets me every time.

      Delete
  11. Am I secretly a lesbian? All I noticed when I saw the John Cena video were the Birkenstocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that of myself because I wondered, WHY??????

      Delete
  12. Cena not for me.
    Griffin when younger looks terrific but even at the young age now of 27, his face is much rounder with his appealing angular face gone, along with a generally looking much more solid body. C'est la vie. There'll be a newcomer in the ranks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I like that sofa and I am waiting for two new pairs of Crocs to show up in the mail! LOL
    John Cena had shoes on? 🫣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcia, speak quietly of crocs while Mistress Maddie is in the room!
      Cena was wearing shoes, I'm guessing?

      Delete
    2. Marcia what this?!?!?! Keeping waiting.... I intercepted that shipment!!!! Bwahahahahahahaha hahahaha ha!

      Delete
    3. Sorry, Missy ... I got my new Crocs this afternoon!
      Was that you scamming me for the delivery address via a text message? Trying to get your hands on my Crocs! LOL

      Delete
    4. 🤣🤣🤣 Enjoy those Crocs and be in good health sister!

      Delete
  14. Someone please duct tape over Katie's mouth.
    I think a lot of people should lay off the tooth whitening. It isn't natural to have teeth so bright they can be seen from the International Space Station.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unnerving to see these ulta white Chiclets in people's mouths!

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......