Thursday, April 13, 2023

Bobservations

Not so much a Tale of Carlos, but a quick story about his birthday and how he told me last week that he didn’t “care” about his birthday.

Cut to a couple of celebrations here in town, a quick getaway out of town and then Monday—three days after his birthday—we ran errands and stopped for lunch at one of our favorite spots, Café Strudel, and he asked if I was buying since it was his, ahem, “Birthday Week.”

So much for not caring.

PS I bought his birthday lunch.

PPS We’re out of town this weekend, too, taking a quick couple of days in Greenville for Carlos to attend a conference and for us to explore Greenville again.

There will be posts … but I’ll be gone until Monday.

Play nice.

This is a repost of The Great Tuxedo from Friday, June 26, 2009

“Friday Tuxedo

Apparently somebody had a rough night, because, right after breakfast, he was back in bed. Perhaps this explains the empty bottle of vodka I found under the couch.”

I loved how he made himself at home in every single part of the house … and of course I refused to make the bed while he was napping in it!

It looks like a group called RuPublicans on Instagram used AI to transform some of today’s most powerful fascists into powerful drag queens. Incredible work! Spread the love and give them a follow at Rupublicans

Click to emBIGGERate for full glorious appeal ...

Anita Filibust-Her AKA Mitch McConnell and Cruzela Deville AKA Ted Cruz.
Lady Graham Cracker AKA Miss Lindsey Graham and Hawl About Me AKA Josh Hawley.

Rhonda Shanty AKA Ron DeSantis and Rudy Garland AKA Rudy Giuliani.

Mother Pence AKA Michael Elizabeth Pence and Speaker Sparklebottom AKA Kevin McCarthy.
Bombshell Bannon AKA Steve Bannon and Claretta Corrupta AKA Clarence Thomas.

Dang, them are some ugly queens.

At least four people are dead and another eight people have been injured after a mass shooting at the Old National Bank in Louisville, Kentucky. This shooting is the 146th mass shooting this year and occurred on the 100th day of year; yes, at least one mass shooting every day in the United States of Guns.

Kentucky Governor Andy Beshear, a Democrat, revealed two of his close friends were among the four killed in the massacre, while both of Kentucky’s U.S. Senators offered meaningless “thoughts and prayers.”

PS Kentucky is one of the many U.S. states that allow permitless carry.

GOP Representative Large Marge Taylor Greene pitched a hissy fit when she found out that Bud Light was working with transgender TikTok influencer Dylan Mulvaney and, as a woman who lives for attention, released a statement to the world that she’s switching to Coors Light:

“I would have bought the king of beers, but it changed it’s [sic] gender to the queen of beers.”

Once again, unable to spark a coherent thought in that bleached blond, white trash dumb bitch head of hers, Large Marge failed to note that Coors Light is also a supporter of the LGBTQ+ community, has sponsored Pride events, supported its LGBTQ+ employees, and marketed to LGBTQ+ consumers as well, where the T stands for trans. 

With the backing of Nashville’s Council Democrat Representative Justin Jones, left, will reclaim his seat in the Tennessee House of Representatives after that GOP-controlled body expelled for leading chants for gun reform with a bullhorn on the chamber floor.

And it looks like his fellow Democrat Representative Justin Pearson, right, who was expelled for using a bull horn :::cough racist lie cough::: will be reinstated by Memphis’ Council as well.

There will be a special election and both men can run for the offices they held until the GOP got butt hurt at a gun control protest. Hope the people of Nashville and Memphis and their surrounding areas pout these two men back in office; they are what’s needed in  politics today.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson is an English actor best known for his portrayal of the title character in Kick-Ass and of Pietro Maximoff in Avengers: Age of Ultron. To me, however, he is best known for A Million Little Pieces when he gave us the full Taylor-Johnson and it was real and it was spectacular. But this isn’t about that—or even the rumors that he might be the next Bond—it’s about Would You Hit It?

31 comments:

  1. krayola9:13 AM

    Pics of Aaron give me chills…or fever…wait, both! The new drag stars are over the top hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo of Tuxedo snoozing under the covers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the great thing about blogging. I'd forgotten that photo until I began searching for some old memory posts. I love the way he crawled under things to sleep.

      Delete
  3. My hubby started using the the term "Birthday Month" years ago... as an excuse to get special privileges or consideration...I'm not that gullible. Birthday week...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos did the week for a while, then it became the month; mine is still just that one day ....

      Delete
  4. Oh, the RuPublicans! I had a cackle or ten.
    TUXEDO!! CARLOS!! (it's his bday month, dear)
    The Repugs made Justin and Justin national figures and heroes. Good job, Tennessee.
    Aaron Taylor-Johnson? Daily. That man could hit it daily. Twice on days ending in Y if he wanted.

    XOXO

    P.S. FOUNDING?? Fucking founding? Also, Alpha Males do NOT write 'Alpha' on their twitter. Never. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're Alpha you're Alpha. If you have to announce it, you're a little bitch desperate to be seen as Alpha,
      xoxo

      Delete
  5. (Carlos -Happy Birthday!) (Tuxedo -bless him)
    Those drag queens - omg!!!!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Instagram page in the link has even more photos of this motley drag queen crew!
      xoxo

      Delete
  6. Anyone else think drag Bannon is a dead ringer for Ursula???

    ReplyDelete
  7. A few thoughts:

    *Café Strudel-Smokehouse Omelet with HOT coffee. And any fresh baked goods made for the day. May I have a seat by the window.

    *Love the drag queens. It is amazing what modern technology can do these days.

    *Justin and Justin are our future. Those bigoted legislators thought they could conduct business as usual. Hearing the stories that are coming out on the goings on in the Tennessee State House is astonishing but not surprising. Hell hath no furry than a white man robbed of his bigotry and perceived standing. Brings home more the point of getting off your asses and voting-for EVERY office in your town, state that touches your lives.

    *Aaron-I saw the full monty and it was amazing. I was weak in the knees. Being in healthcare I have seen my fair share of swinging dicks. I have seen many that you would step back and say damn I didn't know he was packing THAT! The question should be asked does he love his mother. Is he a nice guy with a warm heart. Or is he one that struts but has no substance.

    *Enjoy your time away and travel safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might take a little, or a lot, of strutting Aaron!

      Delete
  8. Those "RuPublicans" are the funniest thing I've seen in a while. Such a simple idea and yet executed so brilliantly. I love the fact that they changed pretty much NOTHING about Mike Pence's face and hair, and that Steve Bannon looks an awful lot like Ursula from "The Little Mermaid."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really sent me down a rabbit hole with that Instagram page. I haven't laughed so hard in ages!

      Delete
    2. There are so many of them now .... it's the gift that keeps on giving.

      Delete
  9. Love the new look drag queens; if only they would do a show. There'd be queues out the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if they have any discernible talent.

      Delete
  10. GOP Drag Queens are the funniest thing I've seen all year, and they actually look better in drag than the hateful sour puss mugs they usually parade around with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look fun in drag. Poor souls.

      Delete
  11. I have always thought Aaron Taylor Johnson was scorching hot. He could bang me four times a day and I wouldn't care.

    And there ain't enough drag queens with enough Talent that could make them fascist look good in real drag. But the Clarence Thomas one cracks me up only because he looks like flotilla DeBarge in Drag!!!!!! I'm sure she'd kill me for that comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarence's is an especially hilarious one.
      And scorching is a good way to describe ATJ!

      Delete
  12. First off, one never makes the bed when a cat is in it. I've had cats in my life for over 40 years and I can assure you it is a law. :)
    I saw the drag queens on FB earlier this week - OMG that Steve Bannon is one ugly dude/dudette. I actually did not recognize all of them so I appreciate your labels.
    The Tweet of the week makes me (almost) wish I were still on that site.
    Enjoy your weekend get-away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuxedo ruled the house and we only did what he wanted from us.

      Delete
  13. Going back and looking at Tuxedo again helps me soothe the acid burn my eyes got when I gazed at the "drag queens"! I guess when you're hideous on the inside no amount of dressing up the outside can help. A pig with lipstick is still a pig.
    I own The Avengers Age of Ultron and I don't remember this guy. I guess he does nothing for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That picture of Tuxedo I had forgotten about, so when I found it on the blog and reposted it, I got teary-eyed all over again.
      And he does cleanse the mind of GOP drag queens,

      Delete
  14. Aaron? Yes. I first saw him in Godzilla, a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was hoping for Tales of Carlos this morning, thanks I needed this.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday, Carlos. You two kids have a good time. All of those queens are ugly because of their politics and personalities. Another gun tragedy but adding more sadness to it is that the gun used will be auctioned off because of Kentucky laws and possibly be used again to cause death.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha-ha! I love those AI photos of those ignorant right wingers but I wouldn't "hit" on any of them as their pillow talk would be obnoxious. Taylor-Greene should avoid drinking water as it is pretty popular with members of the LGBTQ+ community.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......