Friday, November 05, 2021

I Didn't Say It

Jamie Lee Curtis, on letting go of her daughter’s “dead name’ after she came out as transgender, and what it means to be the parent of a trans child:

“[The dead name] so doesn’t fit anymore. That was, of course, the hardest thing. Just the regularity of the word. The name that you’d given a child. That you’ve been saying their whole life. And so, of course, at first that was the challenge. Then the pronoun. My husband and I still slip occasionally. I think that’s sort of evolutionary and a very important step in our home. We have tried to maintain it in a big way. I’m learning a lot from Ruby. I’m not proselytizing, and I’m not trying to force-feed something to people. I’m simply saying, “This is our family’s experience.” I am here to support Ruby. That is my job. Just as it is to care and love and support her older sister Annie in her journeys. I’m a grateful student. I’m learning so much from Ruby. The conversation is ongoing. But I want to know: How can I do this better?”

And that, ladies and gentle-ladies, is how you parent.

photo

Lauren Boebert, QAnon nutbag, on Pete Buttigieg’s paternity leave:

“I delivered one of my children in the front seat of my truck. Because, as a mom of four, we got things to do. Ain’t nobody got time for two and a half months of maternity leave. We have a world to save here. The guy in charge of it all [the supply chain], Mayor Pete, was on a two-month maternity, paternity, whatever the heck you want to call it, leave. Okay? The guy was gone. The guy was not working. Because why? He was trying to figure out how to chest feed.”

Actually, he was working, from home, as he took care of his new babies that he didn’t squirt out on the front seat of a rusted pickup parked outside his trailer home where he conceived those same children.

Boebert is a fool and a bigot and a homophobe and, ask yourselves, and then ask her, what work has she done since being elected other than rile up an insurrection.

photo

Tom Cotton, Arkansas RepubliQAnon Senator, coming for Randi Weingarten—the out gay president of the American Federation of Teachers—because she campaigned for Democrat Terry McAuliffe in the Virginia gubernatorial race.:

“Randi Weingarten is a joke. Randi Weingarten does not even have children of her own. What in the hell does she know about raising and teaching kids? In fact, that’s probably why she was perfectly fine to shut down schools for two years and force kids to wear masks, because she didn’t have to deal with it at home.”

Tom Cotton, giving Lauren Boebert a run for the money as the most ignorant RepubliQAnon in Congress.

photo

Randi Weingarten, coming right back at homophobic asshat Tom  Cotton:

“Is he now disqualifying every nun from teaching? Or is this simply a new divisive & hateful homophobic slur against LGBTQ teachers? I guess Senator Cotton hasn’t done his homework and doesn’t know I have stepchildren, grandkids & nieces and nephews. They would certainly be surprised by his comments. As would the many students I taught (and loved) at Clara Barton High School in Brooklyn.”

Weingarten points out the obvious, that if asshats like Cotton took even a nanosecond to think about what they were saying, they might realize the ignorance of their own education. Think about the people who choose not to have children. Or the people who cannot conceive. Are they terrible teachers?

But Tom Cotton is a horrible bigoted asshat.

photo

LeVar Burton, on losing that Jeopardy hosting gig:

I’d say, ‘No. You’ve got to be kidding me! You’re out of your mind. Goodbye!’ I want to make it clear, for the record, that I’m really happy with the way things worked out. I was disappointed to not get the job, but I’m the sort of person, I believe that everything happens for a reason. And if I didn’t get that job, that meant it wasn’t supposed to be for me, and I accepted that almost instantly and willingly. I know that the opportunities that are in front of me right now wouldn’t have come my way had I gotten the job, so I’m certain that this has worked out better for me than I could ever have imagined.”

What are sour grapes? I kid, though I don’t think he’d have been the right choice. He seemed a little too stiff and rehearsed.

photo

10 comments:

  1. Jamie Lee Curtis makes my heart sing. THAT’s family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie Lee Curtis is a class act.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mitchelland Debra
    You are both right. That is how you parent a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LeVar would have been awesome. And those people would have saved a headache, but hey...
    Laurent Boobert is nasty. Bet she conceived that child in that truck, too. So there's that.
    Jamie Lee: love!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even after 20+ lots of second thoughts the ignoramuses are still going to pour drivel out of their mouths.

    And I agree that inside the pickup truck is hardly the most hygienic place to have a child - perhaps they couldn't afford the doctors' fees as they were too busy setting up Shoot & Eat (or should that be the other way around?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suspect Jamie learned a long time ago that children need to come first.

    What was that about white trash Boebert?

    Cotton will always attack to gain MAGA support.

    Randi proves intelligence is also a virtue.

    Sorry for Levar, never watch the show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And to think, some of these people, with their underdeveloped logic skills, are driving in the same trafic I am, actually that explains a lot of things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Levar would have worked, he could have developed his own style. His statement is the opposite of sour grapes. I hope he finds something wonderful soon.

    Rani Weingarten is fighting the good fight.

    Tom Cotton is ignorant... and dangerously stupid. The things that come out of his mouth demonstrate exactly how unfit he is for office. There ought to be a common sense and common decency test for politicians. Tom would fail both.

    Lauren is an ignorant redneck with bleached teeth. She's a celeb. Not a politician. The only service she ever provided is the one that ended with her pooping out a kid on the front seat of that piece of sh$t truck.

    Jamie Lee has always been a class act. Adore her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauren Boebert is like Sarah Palin on steroids. She gave birth on the front seat of her truck and she's PROUD of that?!

    As an aside, I had NO IDEA that Randi Weingarten is gay!

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......