Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Architecture Wednesday: Twin Peak View House


In the time of a pandemic, I really would like to get away …far away.

New Zealand would work; this house, on Lake Wakatipu, with stunning views, near Queenstown, would do the trick.

It’s all views in the house. At least from the public spaces, while the private spaces are set back into the site. The downside is the house may be too large for a couple of queens and their four furry kids, at nearly 12,000 square feet, but when the pandemic is over and the parties start …this is the place,

There are four ‘master’  bedrooms, four-and-a-half bathrooms, an office, games room, industrial styled bar, cinema, wellness area, and a five-car garage, games room, industrial styled bar, cinema, and wellness area; literally something for everyone.

I’ll be in the wine room.

9 comments:

  1. Damn!
    That's a house. I would not mind that office and the bathroom/bedroom situation is super cool.
    I dig that little observation room with telescopes. That would inspire more than one hobby.
    And yes, the wine room. Can you imagine the post-COVID19 parties?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the hobbits?

    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:48 PM

    Let's pack up...Grab Carlos, the children and we can be moved in by Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep!! That'll work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 12,000 square feet?!? Jeez. But I've known some queens (and dykes) who would say they need that amount of space. We had friends (former friends in Palms Springs), two women with a gorgeous mid-century modern 4,000 sf home. They sold it because the space "just didn't work" for them. They bought a 9,000 sf home and that "worked much better." For two of them. However, they bought walkie talkies so they could find each other! Anyway, I like the look, the light, and the location (well, I could enjoy the location briefly... I need to be able to walk to a cafe and other places). I don't like the wine room. Picky picky picky. But, oh, New Zealand. Jacinda Ardern! If you don't mind sharing, we could buy it with the two of you. Much more practical for four, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could manage there. I am use to being closer to civilization.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Along the same glass enclosed model, but on a tiny scale, is this beauty in Iceland https://youtu.be/4ITPq74A2Pw

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could make myself tolerate that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. … I don't know, somehow I think it looks like it's waiting for a natural disaster to strike. Like that mountain in the distance, is that a volcano?

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......