Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Architecture Wednesday: Bali In Malibu


I suppose if Bali is too far out to make it to work and back every day, this Balinese inspired pavilion house in Malibu, California would do.

And it’s not just the open airy house, or the massive pool and water features surrounding the house, the vaulted ceilings, the grand kitchen, the media room, that master bed and bath, it’s the over $1 million worth of palm trees and tropical vegetation that were brought to the site that make you feel a world away, when you’re really not.

It’s like a vacation … every day.

11 comments:

  1. Love the ceilings.
    I want that bedroom!
    Any house with water features is perfect.
    Now, that media room would make the pandemic much, much more bearable...

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this! It also has a splash of red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEP!!!!! This has me all over it!!! Even the way the house is furnished even thought that has nothing to do with architecture. The kitchen and bathroom are so different and breathtaking. And anything that can be open air is a plus. When we went to Costa Rica, the hotel was all open air, and I fell in love with that feeling. And the two way fireplace is a plus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of the 14 houses my folks lived in
    (work related transfers) one of my
    favorites had a 2 way fireplace.
    Always enjoy the tour!
    xoxo k :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could self isolate in that pool - no problem.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  6. @JP
    Well, well, well. Nice to see [?] you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, but it would be cheaper just to buy a house in Bali.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Breathtaking, Bob. And something to take the mind away from reality for a few brief moments.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice place to be isolated, turn off the news, just float. One thing I would change, is adding upper cabinets in the kitchen. I don't bend over very well anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Furniture and fabrics not my style, but I won't turn down the house. I love it! I'll await delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I note the virus-shaped light fixture over the dining room table -- at least the guy is aware of the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......