Friday, September 27, 2019

I Didn't Say It ...


Billy Porter, making history at the Emmys this week as the first out gay black man to win an Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama for Pose, saying:

“The category is love y’all, love! I am so overwhelmed and I am so overjoyed that I have lived long enough to see this day. James Baldwin said ‘it took many years of vomiting up all the filth that I had been taught about myself and halfway believed, before I could walk around this earth like I had the right to be here.’ I have the right, you have the right, we all have the right. We as artists are the people that get to change the molecular structure of the hearts and minds of the people who live on this planet. Please don’t ever stop doing that, please don’t ever stop telling the truth.”

Word, Billy, word. And keep telling it.
_____, tossing a Sarah Palin-esque word salad about the White House “transcript” on how he used his office to persuade a foreign leader to investigate a political opponent:

“Just so you understand; it’s the single greatest witch hunt in American history, probably in history, but in American history. It’s a disgraceful thing. The letter was a great letter — meaning the letter revealing the call. That was done at the insistence of myself and other people that read it. It was a friendly letter. There was no pressure. The way you had built up that call, it was going to be the call from hell — it turned out to be a nothing call. Other than a lot of people said ‘I never knew you could be so nice.'”

God, we should impeach him for being a nonsensical tool who can’t string a single coherent sentence together.
Patricia Arquette, winning and Emmy for her performance in The Act, on her trans sister Alexis, who died in September 2016 of complications related to AIDS, speaking out against transgender persecution:

“In my heart I’m so sad. I lost my sister Alexis. Trans people are still being persecuted. …. I’m in mourning every day of my life Alexis and I will be the rest of my life for you, until we change the world until trans people are not persecuted. Give them jobs. They’re human beings, let’s give them jobs. Let’s get rid of this bias we have everywhere.”

Brava, Patricia, and we’ll remember your sister, too.
Corey Lewandowski, _____ Flying Monkey, on appearing before congress and acting like a lying jackass:

“I’m very, very seriously thinking about running for the United States Senate. After this week, no American citizen should have to go through what I had to go through, should never have to be disparaged or attacked the way that I was by these committee members because they didn’t like my politics. When you attack a _____ supporter, it’s okay. There are two different sets of rules. And the American people are tired of it. And I believe the people of New Hampshire, they want a fighter in the United States Senate. And I’d say this week was a clarification of that’s who I am.”

You say fighter while I say whiny little bitch who got butt-hurt before Congress.
Take a seat, traitor.
Frank Bruni, New York Times writer, on Lewandowski’s “performance”:

“Did that look of unalloyed contempt come naturally to Corey Lewandowski, or did he rehearse it? I picture him in front of a mirror as his “testimony” before the House Judiciary Committee approached, fine-tuning his sneer, perfecting his glare, testing different tilts of his head to see which conveyed maximal disgust with his inquisitors. He was hellbent on acing this performance. And ace it he did, if the goal was to distill the _____ ethos into a few ugly hours. A flamboyant defiance of authority? Check. An extravagant disdain for precedent and procedure? Check. Cockiness, a persecution complex and a proudly situational relationship with the truth? Check, check, check. Bashing the media and even taking a whack at Hillary Clinton, he was Donald _____ in absentia, Donald _____ in excelsis, showing his former boss and future patron how scornfully _____like he could be.”

Practice in front of the mirror!
Funny, cuz it’s probably true.
Michelle Williams, who won the Emmy for Best Lead Actress in a Limited Series for Fosse/Vernon, on race discrimination and equal pay for women in Hollywood:

“I see this as an acknowledgment of what is possible when a woman is trusted to discern her own needs, feels safe enough to voice them, and respected enough that they’ll be heard. When I asked for more dance classes, I heard, ‘Yes.’ More voice lessons? ‘Yes.’ A different wig, a pair of fake teeth not made out of rubber? ‘Yes.’ And all of these things, they require effort and they cost more money, but my bosses never presumed to know better than I did about what I needed in order to do my job and honor Gwen Verdon. And so I want to say thank you so much to FX and to Fox 21 Studios for supporting me completely and for paying me equally because they understood that when you put value into a person, it empowers that person to get in touch with their own inherent value and then where do they put that value? They put it into their work. And so the next time a woman — and especially a woman of color, because she stands to make 52 cents on the dollar compared to her white male counterpart — tells you what she needs in order to do her job, listen to her, believe her. Because one day, she might stand in front of you and say thank you for allowing her to succeed because of her workplace environment and not in spite of it."

If you recall, Michelle Williams was in the film All the Money in the World, and when the director reshot some scenes in the movie to replace Kevin Spacy with Christopher Plummer, Williams was paid scale—about $1,000—while Mark Wahlberg was paid millions.
And had she been a woman of color, it might have been even less.
Megan Fox, actress, on her six-year-old son, Noah’s fashion sense:

“Sometimes, he’ll dress himself and he likes to wear dresses, sometimes… And I send him to a really liberal, like, hippy school, but even there–here in California–he still has little boys going: ‘Boys don’t wear dresses’ or ‘Boys don’t wear pink.’ So we’re going through that now, where I’m trying to teach him to be confident no matter what anyone else says. He had stopped wearing dresses for a while–he just wore one two days ago to school, and he came home and I was like: ‘How was it? Did any of the friends at school have anything to say? And he was like: ‘Well, all the boys laughed when I came in… but I don’t care, I love dresses too much.’“

Good on him, and good on Mom.
Billy Porter, again, this time on rumors that he threw shade at RuPaul after RuPaul’s Drag Race won its Emmy:

“Let me make this clear right now in this room to everybody. Right now. There was never a side-eye coming from me. There’s never anything negative coming from me. You’re never going to get from it. Okay. It’s all love, all love, it’s all positivity. Don’t come to me with that.”

Billy doesn’t do fools.

10 comments:

  1. No-one ever forgets their dead children and siblings; you carry them in your heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of ______.
    xoxoxxoxox :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS a lady in the village was saying that the boys at the nursery her grandson goes to all fight to wear the pink dress from the nursery dressing up box and wear it all day if they can and why not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. corey is an incel domestic terrorist nazi! LOCK HIM UP!

    my 17 year old neighbor is smarter than the dump. daddy dump paid the schools to give his orange spawn a diploma/degree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even Jasmine McMasters has better wigs then trump

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Patricia Arquette and Billy Porter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Corey's a henchie, always has been, always will be, and is a good representative of your average Republican voter: brain dead.

    On that word salad... ... "I never knew you could be so nice?.... Hahahahahaha (remember to stop laughing so I can breathe) Hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember watching Alexis Arquette on The Surreal Life. So sad that people are still succumbing to that disease

    ReplyDelete
  9. Billy Porter is one of my heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Billy Porter is EVERYTHING. Ten across the board!
    It’s so good he’s getting recognition for his talent!
    Michelle Williams And Patricia Arquette: yes!

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......