Ronaldo Salgado, son of Lorenzo Salgado Araujo who was
murdered by the ICEstapo, on burying his father:
“Today we laid my dad to rest. We were surrounded by family,
friends, and members of the community. We played music, horses danced, and we
celebrated the life of a man who provided for my mom and my brothers for more
than 30 years. Tonight, I visited the site of where it all began. I was alone
for the first time in 11 days. I was moved by all the candles, signs, and
mementos that people have taken time out their day to place here. Thank you to
all who have supported us through prayers, words of encouragement, and simply
thinking about my family . I thought to myself, ‘with so much love from the
community, how can I focus on any negativity?’ My dad made Houston home. And
this city has been nothing but supportive. Thank you.”
The murder of Lorenzo Salgado Araujo should be a crime and
those responsible need to be held accountable. He was not the undocumented immigrant
who should have been detained and arrested and deported; he is not one of the
criminals that the White Men and The Women Who Support Them regime was looking
to find.
And to be clear, even if he was a violent criminal I thought
the idea was to deport them and not murder them in cold blood.
Fuck ICEstapo; abolish ICEstapo!
photo |
I can't wait to vote.
ReplyDeleteOssoff is great. Reddish is right, which is something MAGA cultists will never understand.
ReplyDeleteNotice how Kegsbreath just removed the latest 4 Iran war deaths because they happened under a "cease fire."
ReplyDeletePeople better get their asses out and vote.
I saw Hegseth being minced by another Senator. He was not happy being reminded that the Orange One has declared 30 times that the Iran War was over.
ReplyDeleteAll very true and on point.
ReplyDeleteThe Salgado situation broke me a little bit more inside.
ReplyDeleteAnd the thing is, nobody will be held accountable. Nobody. Because that’s what fascism does. It allows for misery and tragedy to take place without being able to bring the guilty to justice.
Ossoff has a great future. But just wait for the Dem infighting to start. Ugh.
XOXO
Sadly for you all the impunity with which Ice is allowed to act is just one of the signs that your country is moving from democracy to a tyranny. The stealing of elections will help strengthen that move aided and abetted by SCOTUS.
ReplyDeletethe dog's mother
ReplyDeletexoxo :-)
Jim and David this week!!!!! If we truly did rig anything all would be right with the country. He just might be the most dumb individual ever.
ReplyDelete