Our local one is Smith's (Kroger). Good t, o know which one they carry is from Taylor Farms. I don't need to worry about Trader Joe's, Whole Foods (prices are ridiculous), or WalMart (we don't shop there for obvious reasons.)
I'm lucky; we have no problems with our lettuce. So many companies are now being bought up by venture capitalists whose interests are not providing a good service to customers, but making money...lots of money.
Taylor Farms has an operation in Toronto too, but our federal Canadian Food & Inspection Agency does a great job in protecting us from food-borne illnesses. Even so, I won't be buying packaged veggies or salad greens from Taylor Farms or Earthbound Farm Organics again. I prefer to buy Canadian fruit and veggies whenever possible.
I had never heard of Taylor Farms and it took me a little while to realise that you were referring to the food health crisis that has killed people in the USA. Shame that some idiot decimated your very effective government food agencies that kept on top of many potential food-related disasters. But who was that ****ing idiot?
Private label manufacturing, the "store brand" items are made by someone else. Sometimes a major brand, sometimes not. Small food producers often outsource processing and packaging, only to find that their formulas are used in private label manufacturing. The underside of our food chain. And dismantling of food safety in the USA.
It's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. HEB said they don't deal with that lettuce brand anymore. I don't trust it. I'll stick to things I can wash and eat macaroni salads and fruit salads instead. At least you can peal and wash cucumbers, tomatoes and apples. You can't wash that shit off lettuce.
The White House chefs should use Taylor Farms lettuce for all of Trump’s salads, a great favor to the Nation. He’ll be so busy shitting his guts out he won’t have time for his fuckery. Rex in DC
Ugh.
ReplyDeleteI agree. Monopolies ARE the shit. That’s why they must be dismantled.
So bummed Trader Joe’s is in that list…..
XOXO
Yup, I've been checking any lettuce or greens that we buy and so far so safe!
Deletexoxo
This boycott is amazing in so many wonderful ways. People uniting against them is not what billionaires want.
ReplyDeleteAs it should be; your product literally makes people sick but you use your coins as influence to make it all go away.
DeleteNot today Satan!
I'm just not buying any lettuce right now.
ReplyDeleteI have been diligent at reading the packaging and we usually buy arugula which is safe.
DeleteSneaky b@stards.
ReplyDeleteExactly, which is why we gotta read labels and packaging!
DeleteI think I'll stick with my usual minor constipation and prune juice.
ReplyDeleteRotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DeleteAs long as it isn't Taylor Farms Prune Juice™. 💩💩💩
DeleteI'm steering clear of any salads 🥗 at the moment ... will wait for an "all clear" before moving forward!
ReplyDeleteWe hardly ever buy lettuce and stick with arugula which is safe, so far ... but still, read the labels!!
Deletethe dog's mother
ReplyDeletexoxo :-)
🤢
ReplyDeleteExactly!
DeleteOur local one is Smith's (Kroger). Good t, o know which one they carry is from Taylor Farms.
ReplyDeleteI don't need to worry about Trader Joe's, Whole Foods (prices are ridiculous), or WalMart (we don't shop there for obvious reasons.)
We generally go to Food Lion and so far I haven't seen any Taylor Farms lettuce, but I'm reading the labels!!!
DeleteAnd Walmart? Nope, nada, never!
I'm lucky; we have no problems with our lettuce. So many companies are now being bought up by venture capitalists whose interests are not providing a good service to customers, but making money...lots of money.
ReplyDeleteIt's all about the coins.
DeleteThe explosive diarrhea is your problem.
I'm with Six....I get a lot of stuff at Trader Joe's. Those rats bastards. Figures a lot of their product is organic too.
ReplyDeleteYup, you just gotta read the labels.
DeleteTaylor Farms has an operation in Toronto too, but our federal Canadian Food & Inspection Agency does a great job in protecting us from food-borne illnesses. Even so, I won't be buying packaged veggies or salad greens from Taylor Farms or Earthbound Farm Organics again. I prefer to buy Canadian fruit and veggies whenever possible.
ReplyDeleteWe get stuff from our local growers but still, be diligent and make sure you know who packaged what you're buying under that alias!
DeleteI had never heard of Taylor Farms and it took me a little while to realise that you were referring to the food health crisis that has killed people in the USA. Shame that some idiot decimated your very effective government food agencies that kept on top of many potential food-related disasters. But who was that ****ing idiot?
ReplyDeleteI did a bit more checking and must correct myself. So far it seems that no one has actually died in the crisis though many have been hospitalised.
DeleteI imagine a lot of people might prefer death over explosive diarrhea ....
DeleteThank you for posting this. I don't think any apply to Australia, though we do have Aldi here, but I don't shop there.
ReplyDeleteWherever you shop just be diligent; check the packaging.
DeleteI sure don’t need any help from Taylor Farms. There was a time when AT&T was broken up so there wouldn’t be a monopoly. Look what’s happened since!
ReplyDeleteLuckily, the greens we buy, mostly arugula or kale, are not Taylor Diarrhea Farms or one of their aliases!
DeletePrivate label manufacturing, the "store brand" items are made by someone else. Sometimes a major brand, sometimes not. Small food producers often outsource processing and packaging, only to find that their formulas are used in private label manufacturing. The underside of our food chain. And dismantling of food safety in the USA.
ReplyDeleteAnd that's why you need to be diligent and check who is packaging and growing the product.
DeleteIt's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. HEB said they don't deal with that lettuce brand anymore. I don't trust it. I'll stick to things I can wash and eat macaroni salads and fruit salads instead. At least you can peal and wash cucumbers, tomatoes and apples. You can't wash that shit off lettuce.
ReplyDeleteThe White House chefs should use Taylor Farms lettuce for all of Trump’s salads, a great favor to the Nation. He’ll be so busy shitting his guts out he won’t have time for his fuckery.
ReplyDeleteRex in DC