Thursday, January 04, 2024

Bobservations

They say opposites attract and you don’t get much more opposite than Carlos and me.

Case in point: this morning I woke up at 5:45AM and used the bathroom. I got back in bed and realized I was awake and not going back to sleep so I fed the cats, turned the heat on and paid some bills.

Carlos, on the other hand, awoke at 6:50AM to use the bathroom and then came into the office and asked why I was up. I told him why and then he said, “Well, I’m going back to bed until the alarm goes off.”

That was at 6:56AM and the alarm goes off at 7 AM.

Opposites.

This week’s Tuxedo memory is from April 2014 and is creatively entitled:

“Photo of the Week

Yeah yeah yeah. it's another picture of Tuxedo--the most handsome cat ever -- but if I wanna dub it 'Photo of the Week' then I'll do it!”

And I did, and do, and will ….

Floridian ... which explains everything ... Cynthia Kelly is suing Hershey because she claims its holiday-themed Reese’s peanut butter candies lack the artistic details shown on the packaging that made them worth buying.

Kelly says she would not have paid $4.49 for a bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins had she known that the candies not only lacked the “cute looking” carved eyes and mouth shown on the packaging, but any carvings at all and so she wants $5 million.

Only in America, I think.

It has been brought to my attention that the stick figure decals on the back windows of many cars are NOT pedestrian "kill" scores but are meant to represent members of your family.

I will be removing mine ASAP to avoid any further confusion.

$19,660,000,000. That's the profit Exxon just posted for third quarter of 2023, the highest in their 152-year history so it’s not inflation, y’all, it’s corporate greed.

Eat the rich.

I have just added three new titles to my book list and cannot wait to start them …

Pageboy is actor Elliott Page’s “brutally honest” coming-of-age memoir.  Elliot shares his story with never-before-heard details and intimate interrogations on gender, love, mental health, relationships, and Hollywood.

In Black AF History: The Un-Whitewashed Story of America Michael Harriot presents a more accurate version of American history that  removes the white sugarcoating from the American story, placing Black people squarely at the center. For too long, we have refused to acknowledge that American history taught in schools is white history. Not this one. This history is Black AF. 

Barbra Streisand’s memoir, My Name is Barbra, tells the story  of her life and career, from growing up in Brooklyn to her first star-making appearances in New York nightclubs to her breakout performance in Funny Girl on stage and to directing film and touring and recording; the book is, like Barbra herself, frank, funny, opinionated, and charming. 

I was looking at old photos this morning and came across this one of Carlos and me on our first date, which lasted eleven days in July 2000 when I flew from Sacramento to Miami to meet him. This is from our days in Key West on that first date.

What a couple of babies …

Laura Loomer is a MAGAt and prime example of the LauraLunacy of the cult …

She recently Tweeted that if Mr-Former-Fake-One-Term-Twice-Impeached-Currently-Four-Time-Criminally-Indicted-Not-My-President-Gurl was removed from ballots and prevented from being the GOP nominee that she will never vote in an election again and will use her platforms and her lists to make sure millions of Republicans never vote again either.

Um … do it.

This is Lukasz Zarazowski, Polish actor, model, fitness trainer and the current member of the Would You Hit It club; so, would you?

48 comments:

  1. "I only assaulted those kids to stop them from reading" -- MAGA logic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only wish I could sleep until 7 am. We are up by 5 am to get hubs off to work...not to mention the fact that I almost never sleep more than 4 hours...
    P.S. I do check in during the week but because I use my phone more than my computer and I cannot comment on my iPhone "as Frank" - I usually just don't offer any comments. I tend to be the silent type anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually rise right at 7 but some mornings for no reason it's much earlier!

      Delete
  3. Dearest Tux, our minds simply refuse to wave him goodbye, such is the hold he had/has on us.

    So, is this Laura Loofah expecting the Dems step in to 'rescue' the....erm.... 'other' party? Not while it's this present cultish one, surely - so dream on, you CRRRRRazy woman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right about Tuxedo; his loss still hurts.

      Delete
  4. Michael and I are opposites too. But I think opposites work as long as you understand each other. The car window decals section gave me quite the smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opposites attract and I think make life more interesting. Dear goddess, if Carlos was like me I don't know what I'd do. There are times when even I find myself too much!

      Delete
  5. Well, I opened my eyes 👀 at 7:30 this morning and it's looking like snow 🌨️❄️ today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was looking c-c-c-c-cold here!

      Delete
  6. Now honey you know I would hit that and I would let him hit me, several times.

    And when I heard about that lawsuit over there Hershey Reese's pumpkin cup I was so appalled. She seriously worrying that it doesn't look like a fucking* pumpkin? They should take a whole bag of them and shove them up her ass! Good luck on her getting that money then I'm sure she will never see and wasting time for lawyers and judges.

    And the picture of you and Carlos is adorable as is the picture of tuxedo. Incidentally I think my grandmother had that same wicker and cane chair on her patio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lukasz is quite hittable!
      The chair has been recovered in a more Golden Girls pattern since that photo was taken!

      Delete
  7. Anonymous12:00 PM

    th dog's mother
    (Carlos) (Tuxedo)
    That pumpkin candy lawsuit!
    xoxo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cleora Borealis12:01 PM

    I opened a bag of M&Ms last night and none of those little bastards smiled and waved at me! 😠 Give me $1B immediately so I can be the richest Kandy Karen!!
    😚 Aww, you and Carlos have me beat! I always thought my first date with Dean was the winner....he came to dinner with my family (very brave) and 56 hours later, when he drove me home from his apartment, he walked in, looked at my mother and said "Hi, Mom!" In a very real sense, that date is still going 30 years later!! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kandy Karen! Love it.
      Love your love story!

      Delete
  9. 2020? You sure you got that date right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Change it to 2000!!!

      Delete
  10. Krayolakris12:13 PM

    Oh those saucy moms!

    Love seeing Tuxedo pics. But want to ask about the “date” in your first date post. Methinks it was much earlier than 2020, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moms for Liberty are nothing but whores and boozehounds it seems!
      I will be going back to correct that date. WHAT WAS I THINKING????

      Delete
  11. Yeah, Laura Loonie, bring it!

    I definitely identify more with you on the waking up thing. I get up early all the time. Dave, on the other hand, often sleeps late and then takes a midday nap!

    Those family stickers always creep me out. WHY would anyone want to advertise how fruitful and multiplying they are?

    As for the Reese's thing, that's just ridiculous. I hope it gets kicked out for being a frivolous lawsuit and Reese's doesn't settle. (Which I'm sure is the plaintiff's hope.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if that Reese's thing goes to court ands that woman loses, as she should, she should be forced to pay all court costs!

      Delete
  12. Lara, yes please! You and your GOP friends should stay away from the ballot box entirely.
    Laughed at the back window sticker comment. I would love to sleep in until 7, but my Saku cat wakes me about 5:30 most mornings hollering for his breakfast. Occasionally I go back to sleep but most mornings I can't, so I go back to bed and scroll my phone for awhile.
    Don't you just envy a cat's ability to stretch out and relax. I wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our cats are pretty well-trained to know that breakfast is at 7!

      Delete
  13. Anonymous1:31 PM

    ...please don't feature a lovely hunk with two ugly bitches, feature them separately, it makes for a more pleasant experience :-)
    Zarazowski deserves better than being featured with that Trumpanzee twat and that thing from Moms for Lunacy. -Rj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I view Lukasz as a palate cleanser between the horrid entries!

      Delete
  14. Anonymous3:03 PM

    I'm more like Carlos on the getting up thing! :) Lunatics refusing to vote--I'm all in favor of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura and the loons should be barred from voting.

      Delete
  15. Regarding Item 6 and the possible question: Would You Hit It? The answer is drowned out by raucous laughter. Mind you I love the colouration of that photo - it's as if it has been left in a drawer for years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which photo?

      Delete
    2. You and Carlos at Key West.

      Delete
    3. Ah, that one was taken with an actual camera a,d. of course, the light in Key West is something else!

      Delete
  16. Ms Kelly wanting $5 million is absurd, but I do think she has a valid point.
    There were some very unkind things said about the stick figures on family cars when they were fashionable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the idea of the stick figures being targets.
      Not that I would really hurt anyone ... ?

      Delete
  17. I read Pageboy, it was interesting, Barbara's book is rather long - I have avoided it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Barbra's book is 900 pages??? Luckily I will be able to read two books at a time so I can stroll through Bab's life.

      Delete
  18. aussieguy5:54 PM

    Great picture of you & Carlos! We ALL look better when we view older pics...and si to hitting Lukasz Zarazowski!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my first time in Key West and we had a great time!

      Delete
  19. Maybe Carlos forgot to set his watch back. This is not the first time Hershey's has been sued by a Republican, a few years back one of them got pissed and sued the company because their peanut butter Christmas trees didn't look like trees. Yes on Lukasz. Laura's always been a liar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carlos can fall asleep in seconds and stay asleep until his alarm goes off a minute later.

      Delete
  20. A truly inspiring post. Thanks for all the chuckles. I keep pinching myself, thinking I have fallen into a time portal in an alternate universe where stupidity is worn loud and proud as a badge of honor. Otherwise... I cannot explain our current state of affairs. Thanks for shining a light, dear. And for sharing the photo of you and Carlos and, of course, the one of Tux. Kizzes and all the best in 2024.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Happy 2024, Upton!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  21. YES, LAURA, YES! DO NOT VOTE AND TELL ALL THE OTHER CRAZIES NOT TO VOTE. I'm with Carlos. I would go back to bed, too. The photo of Tuxedo is great. I love the way cats can stretch and they seem to get longer and longer and never stop. The Moms for Liberty members just get better and better.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuxedo was able to make himself look very long and sleek.
      I wish I could be like Carlos and go back to bed for five minutes ...
      xoxo

      Delete
  22. She wants how much???? Someone please smack her upside the head! Your first date lasted eleven days? Wow.
    Everytime I go back to bed for five minutes I wake up two or three hours later, it's a good thing I'm retired.
    That's a lovely chair Tuxedo has draped himself over.
    That last woman also needs a smack upside the head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eleven days because I had to fly 3000 miles across the country to meet him!
      That's what would happen to me if I went back to bed for five minutes, too!
      That was Tuxedo's sun chair in the sunroom.

      Delete
  23. Carlos! I will do anything to beat the alarm to the punch. The worst way to start a day. I hope Loonie Loomer is a success! Send Lukasz here. Now. The perfect cure for jet lag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't get crawling back into bed for the ALLEGED "four more minutes" of sleep!
      Lukasz is the cure for almost everything!

      Delete

Say anything, but keep it civil .......